1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Animé Discussion' started by Sham, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

I would've said something similar three or four years ago, but since Kasumi returned in SM, I don't think it's impossible that other past female companions could return even for just a few episodes since we know that the next saga will feature the old regions from time to time. I really just want Iris and Hikari to return since they're my favorite female companions.

2. Captain Jigglypuff

Captain Jigglypuff Leader of Jigglypuff Army Staff Member Moderator

I think Lillie might travel with Ash to Galar along with Gladion. They are popular and it would tie in nicely with the games about them leaving Alola to do some training in a different region. Lusamine isn’t holding her children back and I think she’d be okay with them traveling the world and learning about different regions and Pokémon.

Sham likes this.
  3. Sham

Sham show the unknown

Would love this.

4. Pokegirl Fan~

Pokegirl Fan~ Tsundere Girl

I can't see Lillie returning to be honest, not as a main character anyways.

5. Nesremx

Nesremx New Member

Lillie has no goal or real role outside t the Lusamine stuff and I feel like any development she would have onward would just be a retread of May/dawn/serena’s from their first 30 episodes. Lillie is just another beginning female trainer now. How is it going to be any different than any past girl?

Moonlight Starlight likes this.
  6. Leonhart

Leonhart Well-Known Member

If they go there and head their own separate ways, then I'm all for it. But I wouldn't want them in the Galar cast as permanent cast members since I've had my fill of them already in SM.

7. AJ97

AJ97 Member

We don't know. Misty is an exception as she's a part of the O.G pokemon franchise and also, with the release of Pokemon lets go it made sense. For instance, the whole Brock ripping off his shirt during his battle of Kiawe kind of creates a resemblance between the Brock in the games to the real Brock. Brock is Ash's companion with the most episodes, yet we haven't seen him rip of his shirt not once until this episode.

Then again, if you take pokemon masters into consideration or assume one of the old series gets a new game out or something like that, there is a possibility that we might see one of the old characters. However, I think the character will be more similar to the games compared to their legitimate personality. So the odds of seeing a Serena with a huge crush on Ash etc seems very unlikely.