• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

PorcelainVulpix

currently watching LOK
He did get one; Dawn mentioned him and he was in Cilan's special

I meant a cameo visiting Ash in Unova. I don’t really count the specials as cameos

UDI

Orange Hero
Theres a lot of Dawn's merch in the lasr month like keychains, stickers, illustrations, shirst and a artfx figure, that could be a hint to Dawn returning to the series, i mean Dawn was almost in the forgotten during the 6 and 7 gens, polegirls like May, Lillie, Serena or Misty received a lot of merch during the recent years but Dawn not

Maybe this not means nothing but two years ago Brock and Misty received a little of merch just before of their cameo in SM anime and other thing is that Iwanne posted two illustrations of Dawn in twitter a couple weeks ago and one of those was the most liked and retweeted Iwanne's illustration of this month

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Dawn's sure to appear when the DP remakes come, otherwise.... expect Ash or the Pokegirl(Whoever doesn't have Sobble lol ) to get a Piplup. I'm fairly certain a Piplup will be present regardless if Dawn comes back or not, I hope she does... hopefully with some Johto/Whatever captures too, make it feel like she's actually had adventures and not been in a limbo universe waiting to be used again!

UDI

Orange Hero
As much as I’d love to see Dawn again, I don’t think merch is an indicator of anything and also Iwane is constantly drawing characters at random.

However if DP remakes ever happen, I have a feeling we’d see Dawn again.

I know that but Dawn have advantaje over the other girl and is Piplup, piplup is extremely popular in Japan and in the recent pokemon world championship celebrated during the last week TPCI choses three pokemon as mascots for that event pikachi, eevee and piplup

And i know that piplup's massive popularity not means necessarily the returning of Dawn but despite that the movie "i choose you" was a succes the japaneses was pissed cuz a piplup apoears in the movie but Dawn not

of course is difficult that Dawn returns to the main cast but at the least she hace more chances to appears as cameo for the eventual DP remakes (inevitable rather) than May with ORAS

Zoruagible

I know that but Dawn have advantaje over the other girl and is Piplup, piplup is extremely popular in Japan and in the recent pokemon world championship celebrated during the last week TPCI choses three pokemon as mascots for that event pikachi, eevee and piplup

And i know that piplup's massive popularity not means necessarily the returning of Dawn but despite that the movie "i choose you" was a succes the japaneses was pissed cuz a piplup apoears in the movie but Dawn not

of course is difficult that Dawn returns to the main cast but at the least she hace more chances to appears as cameo for the eventual DP remakes (inevitable rather) than May with ORAS

To be fair, fans in general(including me) didn't like that.

I wouldn't mind if a new Piplup was caught by a main character, but I'd much rather have Dawn come back unless they evolve it

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Yeah, there’s practically no way Dawn isn’t coming back. The likely reason May didn’t is because her seiyuu KAORI retired from the VA industry, but Megumi Toyoguchi is doing just fine (voicing Junko and Aqua in the span of two years is what I call range, love). Piplup is insanely popular too; so that’s another point in her favor.

If the girl companion gets a Sinnoh starter though, I hope it’s a Turtwig or Chimchar. I love Piplup, but the thing gets so much love second to only Charizard & Lucario.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Yeah, there’s practically no way Dawn isn’t coming back. The likely reason May didn’t is because her seiyuu KAORI retired from the VA industry, but Megumi Toyoguchi is doing just fine (voicing Junko and Aqua in the span of two years is what I call range, love). Piplup is insanely popular too; so that’s another point in her favor.

If the girl companion gets a Sinnoh starter though, I hope it’s a Turtwig or Chimchar. I love Piplup, but the thing gets so much love second to only Charizard & Lucario.
I hope it’s Turtwig since DP Sinnoh League Victors was the Infernape show (deservingly of course but still).

Zoruagible

At least Piplup doesn't get forced into every damn saga like Charizard and Eevee as of late. Always a major role too unlike Lucario and other Pokemon that manage to appear in most sagas

I'd like Piplup more to show off the evolutions more, but if they were to keep the starter in base form.... then the Pokegirl should get Turtwig. (I'm fairly confident she'll get Scorbunny so.... yeah, no Chimchar for her lol )

Moonlight Starlight

Theres a lot of Dawn's merch in the lasr month like keychains, stickers, illustrations, shirst and a artfx figure, that could be a hint to Dawn returning to the series, i mean Dawn was almost in the forgotten during the 6 and 7 gens, polegirls like May, Lillie, Serena or Misty received a lot of merch during the recent years but Dawn not

Maybe this not means nothing but two years ago Brock and Misty received a little of merch just before of their cameo in SM anime and other thing is that Iwanne posted two illustrations of Dawn in twitter a couple weeks ago and one of those was the most liked and retweeted Iwanne's illustration of this month
Speaking of merch stuff like keychain or action figuring I got all five pokegirls keychain at two different conventions last year Dawn and Misty got them at closer end of the season of Spring and got the last three of May, Iris and Serena at the other convention closer at the end of summer before season of fall came.
These are the keychain I got all five of them.
pokegirls-entrenadoras-pokemon-gachapones-D_NQ_NP_646521-MPE26443486988_112017-F.webp

But one thing also Iris is the only one that hasn't got her figma figuring like the other girls got theirs like this.
gem-series-pokemon-misty-togepi-psyduck-megahouse.jpg

Or this
2c4582ff2234fbcb97ccca7d56b60a52.jpg

I just want Iris be treated equal as the other pokegirls getting hers made. I won't buy the other pokegirls if Iris will gets hers out near in the future for the coming of the 5th generation remake as will too.

I'll say this for sure that the writers are putting Iris and Serena's cameos appearance on hold waiting for the 7th generation to end. Not wanting either of them being on SM. I say the writers are planning their cameo appearance wisely than how Misty's, May and Dawn cameos weren't handle in the right path.

Last edited:

Moonlight Starlight

I don’t think May or Dawn got one of these figmas either if it makes you feel better.
May and Dawn got their figma being made. Also same goes for Lyra, Hilda, Rosa, Serena has three being made, player character Moon has one.
Also male characters have one too Brock, Tracey, Cilan and Gary too.
Team Rocket too.

Last edited:

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
That excuse is pretty pitiful and I think they know it too. If Clemont can get a whole special of basically doing nothing with Cilan, then so could Serena.

Imo ORAS wasn’t promoted enough. There were those ME specials, and Sawyer and Steven, but I really wanted someone- Serena needed another capture the most- to catch a Hoenn starter or Pokémon (Mudkip needed that redemption...and never got it). It was a free excuse to have more Pokémon on the cast, but that was wasted. They also had a perfect opportunity to have Serena meet Lisia, Wallace, and maybe May while doing her first Contest in a special...and that was wasted too.

I hope they can give Lillie/Mallow/Lana justice after SM, but I’m not holding my breath.
I’m still mad that Serena didn’t get anything from Hoenn. Mudkip or even Altaria would’ve fit her (her in game counterpart uses one). And as much as I love Luxray, Clemont should’ve gotten Manectric

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
I’m still mad that Serena didn’t get anything from Hoenn. Mudkip or even Altaria would’ve fit her (her in game counterpart uses one). And as much as I love Luxray, Clemont should’ve gotten Manectric

Luxray was such a strange choice; it promoted nothing and did nothing the whole saga besides lose its personality upon evolution. Manectric would’ve fit much better with him instead of being confined as the token Officer Jenny Pokémon. Mudkip, Altaria, and Absol were all Pokémon that would’ve fit Serena, since her game counterpart uses the latter two and she desperately needed a water type to counter all that fire in her performances. Those three would’ve filled out her team perfectly...

Actually, they could’ve had Manectric and Altaria/Absol be excuses for giving them Mega stones and key rings, since Ash sure wasn’t getting one. Can we get an XY rewrite, please?

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm starting to doubt that even Hikari will be back when the Shinou games get remade since I heard that Hikari's seiyuu is quite popular these days, so she might be difficult to rehire similar to Hiroshi's seiyuu.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I think it's hilarious they emulated Sugimori's terrible broken leg poses from the official art

That's an eye for detail that I wish more figures were capable of
I thought his female characters artstyles were ok to me, they feel like a little bit DragonBall-ish, especially that I'm also exposed to the ridiculous thicker legs of the Street Fighter 5 female characters.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Well, Misty returned kinda. I think Pokegirls and Pokeboys will start returning but out of order; not following a pattern( except longevity of absence)so, I think next should be May because last we saw here was in DP.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
While I do wanna see May again in the show, I think it is very likely Dawn will return in the next region if DP remakes come out by that time. As for Serena, she should get her own special episode! Hope it'll happen soon.