• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So are Pokegirls just not returning anymore?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
Well of course the outcry wasn't major in DP or BW since Ash only make Top 4 and Top 8 in those series, respectively. But he made Top 2 in XYZ so people got mad that he was so close to winning that time.

Outcry was also in addition to this the title of that episode not to mention the fact that ash always beats his rival who usually beats him throughout the region in the league (gary, paul and trip), and lastley when it was revealed that gen 7 dont have any gyms and trails were introduced so people at that time thought KL was going to be last league.

But weren't they the ones that made it and knew about it or they knew and they were dissapointed about it?

I dont think animatiors have any right in this, its the directors and the production team who orders writers what to do.

Leonhart

Imagineer
MockingJ said:
Well of course the outcry wasn't major in DP or BW since Ash only make Top 4 and Top 8 in those series, respectively. But he made Top 2 in XYZ so people got mad that he was so close to winning that time.

That, and a lot of fans thought that Satoshi was at his peak in Kalos given all his training and his ability to sync with Gekkouga. So they expected him to win based on how powerful he was in that saga.

Frankly though, I don't think that fan backlash really affects the series overall however, because if it did then most female companions probably would've returned more frequently given their huge fanbases and the interest from fans to see them again.

Lunalah

I'm just wondering why the anime made that video that seemed like Ash was going to win...only for him to lose like why make that video in the first place if you knew he was going to lose?

What video are you talking about?

D

Deleted member 384931

Didn't they learn a thing from BW, that Rebooting doesn't work?

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
It worked for Movie 20.
It rebooted after the show went for 20 years to the point that most fans except the old ones know Ash's origins. Try 5 years instead, and let's see if it works as well. And I see BW more like a reset than a reboot because Pikachu is still with him instead of Ash started his 1st journey with his very 1st Pokemon.

Last edited:

RedJirachi

Veteran member
Maybe it's part of giving the long-term watchers fanservice-have the now adult watchers smile seeing a companion they haven't seen in ages, so they wait a while for the generations. However because genwunner pandering is a thing, so far they've only done it with Brock and Misty

D

Deleted member 384931

Hard to believe that none of the girls met each other Jotho and Hoenn aren't that big

Leonhart

Imagineer
RedJirachi said:
Maybe it's part of giving the long-term watchers fanservice-have the now adult watchers smile seeing a companion they haven't seen in ages, so they wait a while for the generations. However because genwunner pandering is a thing, so far they've only done it with Brock and Misty

I think it's mostly a case of more older fans being familiar with Takeshi and Kasumi than with Haruka and the characters that came after her in all honesty. Speaking from my own experience, a lot of my friends stopped following the anime at some point during the Jouto saga, so they never saw Haruka and would obviously prefer to see the Kanto group together on-screen than see female characters from the sagas after that. Maybe that's the logic that the showrunners are following as well.

game3524

I think it's mostly a case of more older fans being familiar with Takeshi and Kasumi than with Haruka and the characters that came after her in all honesty. Speaking from my own experience, a lot of my friends stopped following the anime at some point during the Jouto saga, so they never saw Haruka and would obviously prefer to see the Kanto group together on-screen than see female characters from the sagas after that. Maybe that's the logic that the showrunners are following as well.

Pretty much.

Viewership and interest peaked in the OS. So it is not a surprise when the writers do callbacks it generally from the OS.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
Misty was literally in Sun and Moon on two seperate occasions.
It make sense for the producers budget-wise. You would want to keep the same character, including her Pokemons and their voice actors to save money than changing everything with another companion.

MockingJ

Banned
Misty was literally in Sun and Moon on two seperate occasions.

I think the thread creator was talking about the Pokegirls other than Misty. Even in her case, she only came back for Gen 1 pandering and had to share screentime with Brock, so to me it wasn't even on par with May's or Dawn's comebacks.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
At least in the main series? Iris didn’t appear and it’s pretty clear Serena ain’t coming back at this point. I wonder what made them decide not to let previous Pokegirl come back. Of course SM is in it’s own odd category where Misty returned. I’ve seen some people contribute XY’s continuity being a reason why Iris didn’t appear and Misty being in SM was the reason why Serena didn’t come back. All speculation of course.
This will be hilarious if Gen VIII really is all regions with all companions.