• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So are you excited for b/w as you were for d/p?

are you excited for this new region or do you not feel the same way?

• Yes i am excited but not the excitement i felt when "fill in the blank" began

Votes: 22 25.9%
  • Yes i am still just as excited

Votes: 44 51.8%
  • no, not anymore

Votes: 19 22.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

GaZsTiC

Alternating
No, I am not excited for B/W. The 5th gen PKMN look awful. I won't be part of this PKMN cycle anymore. After D/P is over with, I might not watch the anime again. And I definitely won't be buying either B/W games.

We'll see who comes crawling back in a few months.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No, frankly, I'm not excited. I have no idea what's even going on in the anime right now so following the BW saga won't be easy. I might watch a few episodes but I have no plans for watching it as closely as other people do. I thought DP had more "likable" characters than BW appears to have so I was more excited about DP.

Rex Kamex

No...

I mean, there are some interesting things and all, but last year I was wondering if May would stay, what Dawn would do in the show, and... yeah. And besides Battle Frontier (which... actually, I was absent from the forums around the time that started- a virus was on my computer -__-), I hadn't been around for the start of a new arc. D&P's arrival interested me more.

But B&W is coming, and Dawn's leaving, even though she had the potential to be the permanent main girl- (because contrary to popular belief, advertising new games isn't simply a matter of what game you're from). Not like I didn't see it coming. And it's not like I had a high excitement about D&P that just went straight down to barely anything due to Dawn's coming departure. But it made me have little interest for the new girl because I expect her to be replaced as well.

Doesn't help that I'd been watching Pokemon since Kanto (not from the very beginning, but 1999), and seeing new story arcs has slowly gotten less interesting. It's lost its effect on me.

Not that I won't watch the new series, or that I don't care about it at all- I do. But I've experienced the concept of a new series too many times for me to be as excited as I used to be.

Of course, I won't understand a bloody thing, but at least I could get the general idea of what happens...or maybe the extremists wilk have subs for us by then :D. Here's to hoping...

... "Extremists"?

Profesco

gone gently
It's kind of the same for me.

I was really super excited when Johto League Journeys was just starting. So much so, in fact, that I was jittery and wiggly watching the first couple episodes. And I was also extremely excited with the beginning of the Hoenn saga, especially when they aired the first two/three episodes ahead of time on Kids' WB. Oh, that was great! ^_^

But I wasn't as excited for the start of DP, and I'm really not all that much excited for the start of BW. I haven't warmed up yet to many of the Pokemon designs, and I certainly haven't warmed up to any of the human characters we've glimpsed yet - especially this awkward Iris girl - so I guess my mood isn't right. (It probably also doesn't help that being staff on this forum makes it next to impossible to avoid spoilers, so DP wasn't and BW won't be exactly 'new' to me like Johto and Hoenn were...)

At the moment, what I'm most excited about is seeing the Sinnoh League. With another 6-on-6 versus Paul, the Johto team's triumphant return, and a battle with a Darkrai, the League is shaping up to be a great television experience for Pokemon fans. :D

Oh, and I'm going to miss Brock a lot. I'll miss Piplup, too. Glad to be rid of Dawn and her other Pokemon, but Brock and Piplup are A-OK in my book.

i'm still as excited for b/w as d/p although i hope ash keeps more than pikachu for b/w but he probably won't =(

pokefandt

I'm neutral about B/W, but I figure what the hell, I've watched the anime for this long, might as well see it through.

I'm really excited. :)
I'm kind of sad that Dawn's leaving, but Iris seems like an okay character and I really want to know more about her :)

Klade

Not excited, because I'm not sure how they're gonna do it. Dawn's gone, at least. Finally. Hopefully they rid of contests, in my opinion those brought down the anime greatly. If music festivals or whatever replace it, hopefully they make them less immature than contests, and hopefully we get to see a lot more of what is the root of the anime: battling and capturing, both of which there were not much of in DP.

DarkZerkerX

Master Coordinator
Well I think the Sinnoh Saga should have expanded into the second arc just like the Hoenn saga. After all, Dawn only lasted 3ish years while May lasted 4 1/2 years.

AzzyFox

Elite Trainer
Am I excited about Black and White? Well, the games look very promising, and I could say the same for the anime.

The games are looking to be a huge step up from the previous generation. The 3D rendering is beautiful for a handheld and the faster-paced battles, as well as the animated sprites, are plain awesome.

The anime seems to be going back to its roots as well.
They finally made some decent changes, having two entirely new characters following Ash on his quest instead of Brock and "insert name of current generation female character". Ash's new outfit looks pretty darn cool and he FINALLY turns his hat backwards after ??? episodes. I'm willing to bet that Best Wishes will be the best of the recent series.

*Jesse and James return*

...Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

AzzyFox

Elite Trainer
Am I excited about Black and White? Well, the games look very promising, and I could say the same for the anime.

The games are looking to be a huge step up from the previous generation. The 3D rendering is beautiful for a handheld and the faster-paced battles, as well as the animated sprites, are plain awesome.

The anime seems to be going back to its roots as well.
They finally made some decent changes, having two entirely new characters following Ash on his quest instead of Brock and "insert name of current generation female character". Ash's new outfit looks pretty darn cool and he FINALLY turns his hat backwards after ??? episodes. I'm willing to bet that Best Wishes will be the best of the recent series.

*Jesse and James return*

...Noooooooooooooooooooooo!

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I wasn't around at the very beginning of DP, but I'm excited for Best Wishes.

TheSwram!

You've been bitten
Not as excited as I was for Hoenn.

ParrotX

Loather
Two words: Team Rocket.

I would've hoped that the disappearance of Brock and even the makeovers of Joy and Jenny would've signalled the start of a new series plotwise.

The fact that they're back makes me lose interest in the new anime. Team Rocket is a terrible plot device and makes it ultra repetitive. Then again, the show caters to kids who actually want to see them being Volt Tackled to oblivion by Pikachu.

I guess I'm too old for this show, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.