• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So Brock never did find love even in his final episode

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Before anyone asks, no this has nothing to do with shipping.

Its just that Brock's character was largely based around him wanting to find love, a gag that lasted 13 years. I'm really surprised that by his final ep, he still didn't wind up with anyone.

Granted he'll likely get a cameo at some point so its not the end of him for good, but its weird he didn't wind up with anybody. Too bad Holly never returned.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
It was all a waste, since he never was really serious. We should've known that. He wasn't even shown to end up with a Nurse Joy/to become a breeder. The doctor thing ruined it all.

randomspot555

I wouldn't say it's his character. It was just a gag.

Sure, we've had some COTD get all couple-ish in episodes, but I doubt we'll ever see a main or supporting character pair up in such an obvious way.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
Brock's love gag is the only thing that's kept him afloat this whole time, if he found love, he wouldn't be Brock anymore.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
^^^But seeing as he's going now, it wouldn't affect his character in the future if he found love as he wouldn't be there to "not be Brock anymore"

Holly really was a wasted opportunity tbf.

thunderblade12

Considering how Misty came back with a Gyarados and three of May's pokemon evolved while she was gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Brock returned with a harem of women.

KGB13

Man of Mystery
^^^But seeing as he's going now, it wouldn't affect his character in the future if he found love as he wouldn't be there to "not be Brock anymore"

I think the chances of him getting a cameo in BW are relatively high, so if he's not falling for a Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny in his cameo, he won't be the same Brock.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
I think the chances of him getting a cameo in BW are relatively high, so if he's not falling for a Nurse Joy or Officer Jenny in his cameo, he won't be the same Brock.

Relationships can end you know. He could have met up with Holly or someone new in the episode, walked off into the sunset with her and come back not wanting to talk about Holly/new girl when asked by Ash. Didn't the same thing happen with Professor Ivy? He came back and acted all weird when she was mentioned IIRC.

Freedom

Pokeman
Relationships can end you know. He could have met up with Holly or someone new in the episode, walked off into the sunset with her and come back not wanting to talk about Holly/new girl when asked by Ash. Didn't the same thing happen with Professor Ivy? He came back and acted all weird when she was mentioned IIRC.

Exactly, Brock has never been successful with love. It didn't work with Professor Ivy, so it probably wouldn't work again. Even if he did find someone in his final episode, he'd probably end up broken-hearted again. I thought the writers did the right thing by not pairing him up with anyone. It would've seemed too clichéd anyway. At least they did something different and unexpected.

When they bring Brock back for a cameo, they can say say that he's started dating though.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
Considering how Misty came back with a Gyarados and three of May's pokemon evolved while she was gone, I wouldn't be surprised if Brock returned with a harem of women.

Ahem.....I'd actually pay to see that one, and also see the reaction of Ash, Misty, May, Dawn, Max and Croagunk when that happens.

DANdotW

Previously Iota
Everyone mentions Holly and it makes me sad. Throughout the entire series I've been wishing Holly would come back and whisk him away for their frolics with Wingull and Happiny. Now, I am broken.

On a serious note though, it would have been the perfect end to Brock. Two things that Brock was always about was romance and Pokémon Breeding (which in the Animé seems more about caring for them than actually breeding them). He became a Pokémon Doctor (or at least is becoming one), which is the ultimate upgrade to what he did. To finish off his other quest (for luuuurve) would be to gain a loved one at the end of his story.

Holly coming back, powerful enough to be his loved one (lol :D) would have been a lovely ending. I miss her. And I'm going to miss him.

Iota

TeddiUrsa

Its just that Brock's character was largely based around him wanting to find love, a gag that lasted 13 years. I'm really surprised that by his final ep, he still didn't wind up with anyone.

I don't believe that's true. Sure, he always wanted to find a girl that likes him back, but it wasn't the main point of Takeshi's character.
His flirting with girls evolved during the series and wasn't there from the very beginning anyway. It has always been a gag.

His theme was knowledge and taking care of Pokémon. Both, the breeder and the doctor job fullfill those criteria.

I can't believe that so many people thought that Takeshi would find a girl in the end of his run when his love gag has been just that: a gag.

The gag is even interweaved in his final goal. As a Pokémon doctor he will be around Jois all the time, so he can flirt with them whenever he wants.

DEMONCAMERUPT

;ord of pokebattles
Before anyone asks, no this has nothing to do with shipping.

Granted he'll likely get a cameo at some point so its not the end of him for good, but its weird he didn't wind up with anybody. Too bad Holly never returned.

The show is called Pokemon not: The horny guy that constantly fails to score.

AzukanAsimbu

Petal Paladin
the show was annoying with brock getting "poisen jabbed" in every episode by croagunk and it was never funny, nor will it ever be, and the sinnoh saga pretty much hit an all time low on pokemon

gliscor&yanmega

I wasn't even expecting him to find love.

He may end up with someone who hangs out with him a lot, I doubt the writers will specifically say they're together. I think he and Lucy should hang out some more though, I could see a future with them.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I'm pretty sure he'll find love now unlike before. But maybe it was best for him tof ocus on other things because it's sad to see that he never really found it after all these years and steady getting pulled, and stabbed.

pokemonloverXD

Ash's fangirl
If Brock found love, he would be even duller than he is.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was all a waste, since he never was really serious. We should've known that. He wasn't even shown to end up with a Nurse Joy/to become a breeder. The doctor thing ruined it all.

That's the thing, it was not a waste. It was a gag, a comedic protrayal of Brock's character used to induce laughter. And guess what? It actually worked out great. I laughed out loud a few times and I'm certain several kids out there did too. Whether he was serious about love or not doesn't even matter because in the end, the gag served an important purpose in the show.