• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So does Allister and Bea just not exist in their non respective game?

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
Even in version exclusive battles like Dexio and Sina in SM they still acknowledge that the other character exist in the games canon. Or another example would be Iris and Drayden. Is this the first time that version exclusive characters in games are not mentioned at all in the other version? If so makes you wonder how they’ll handle it when (if) the third version comes

Sham

The Guardian of Ruin and Birth
The other exists, its just thatthe other gym is in the minor leagues while the one you fight is in the major league
Was this ever confirmed in the games? Maybe I missed it but I didn’t see it

DannyDark

I can't speak for Sword, but on Melony's rare league card.. Gordie is pictured, as well as explained to have rejected the position of Ice-type Gym Leader as he wanted to dedicate himself to Rock-type Pokemon. With them then having a battle that led to a division within the town as well as a breakdown in communication between the two.

So in that sense, Gordie is definitely mentioned at least?

I can't speak for Sword, but on Melony's rare league card.. Gordie is pictured, as well as explained to have rejected the position of Ice-type Gym Leader as he wanted to dedicate himself to Rock-type Pokemon. With them then having a battle that led to a division within the town as well as a breakdown in communication between the two.

So in that sense, Gordie is definitely mentioned at least?
Does this mean what I think it means??

Is Gordie Melony's son?!

NovaBrunswick

Canada Connoisseur
I thought it would be a similar situation to Black/White, where either Drayden or Iris is the Gym Leader and the other one is their student/teacher. Drayden is just the Gym Leader and Iris is the Champion in B2/W2, however.

Last edited:

Wulava

danger chili pepper
Staff member
All League uniforms for every type (except Dark) can be obtained (Minor League can be purchased) implying that they all exist within Galar. We just don't meet them.

Orphalesion

All League uniforms for every type (except Dark) can be obtained (Minor League can be purchased) implying that they all exist within Galar. We just don't meet them.

In Shield at least the Dark type uniform can be obtained as well.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
They exist in the opposite games that they are found in as Trainer Cards. You get them post game.

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan

You get the Dark uniform from beating the 7th Gym. It just so happens that it doesn't really look like a Dark uniform, it's more closely based on the Team Yell uniforms.

LuisManuel316

Team Skull Grunt
They are just minor league captains in the other version and none of the minor league captains are mentioned in the games (which doesn't mean they don't exist).

Would the Normal and Poison type jerseys you can buy belong to some minor league leader?

PsychoIncarnate

Kinda weird that Bea is minor league in the shield universe considering she's one of the strongest trainers in the Sword universe. But it probably is the other way around with Allister

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
I'm still working my way through the game, but I mean do they even excist in their versions? Every other gym leader thus far youve had some interaction with outside of the gym battle. But in Shield with Allister he has only shown up within the gym.