• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So far, how would you rate Journeys?

Rate for Journeys

• Total voters

Leonhart

Imagineer
I would rate it a 3/5. There's quite a few things that it's doing wrong, but in general it's not a terrible series per se. I consider it to be a step up from early BW, late XY, and most of SM, but in any case I don't get the feeling that the writers have learned from their previous mistakes.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I want to use wingdings
Entry number 17. Dark darker yet darker. The darkness keeps growing. The shadows cutting deeper. Photon readings negative. This next experiment seems very very interesting. What do you two think?

Edit: Ok so NOW the wingdings work?

Last edited:

Morax

King of heroes
Entry number 17. Dark darker yet darker. The darkness keeps growing. The shadows cutting deeper. Photon readings negative. This next experiment seems very very interesting. What do you two think?
Did you pull that from Rorschach's journal?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
haven't played undertale yet :(
You should at some point, it's REALLY charming even if you're spoiled on stuff, I just love its characters, setting, and how it implements the gameplay in-universe. Though I will say that Gaster isn't exactly....present.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Undertale is literally my fav game ever it's so damn charming <3

Anyway
Journeys is a 3/5 for me. I do think it's really being overhated which gets tiring after a while. It's concept is absolutely amazing, the concept of world tour and PWC and two main companions so they have a great dynamic instead of a third wheel being wasted. So far only the latter is being executed well. I do think journeys isn't living upto the INSANE potential it has and can be quite infuriating at times (Give ash's Pokémon more screentime, Goh shouldn't have caught suicune), it's still a lot fun. Most fillers have been fun and better then previous series fillers (Journeys fillers >AG, DP, XY fillers already), Goh can be a charming character despite his goal being poorly executed, Ash's characterization is pretty good but he's sidelined too damn much. We do have continuity tho, and much more is coming, and honestly ever since the darkest day ended this series seems to be improving more and more, it isn't as rushed now (sirfetchd getting a whole 3 episode arc, sobble not evolving in just one episode and setting up a whole drizzile arc), Chloe getting more and more focus and trips, Goh's catching pretty much being lessened a lot, PWC coming back to the fold etc. And if they fix the PWC and ash mons screentime problem soon, as well as all the arc potential they have with IA, CT, SWSH PG, Original rose arcs, BDSP, Legends Arceus, and of course master class and who knows what else, this series can get infinitely better and I have hope for it.

So far... uh 4/10

For reference SM is like a 2/10 and those two points are for Litten and Bewear plus the Neocrozma arc

BulleDeChagrin

Lillie best girl
I'd give it a 7/10 so far. I really like most episodes, but I just really miss the connection between the characters and the Pokemon like in SM and even XY. The fact that Dracovish will only have its second appearance more than 10 episodes after its capture, for instance, really shows the flaws of this series. It lets ideas for episodes prime over the importance of character development.

And as a massive Team Rocket fan, of course I'm sad they show up in less than half of the episodes nowadays, and not having things like James bonding with a Pokemon or them having an overarching plot (Jessie's contests/showcases, them acquiring a Z-Ring etc,..) just feels wrong.

Overall though, I don't dislike it, I really enjoy the individual episodes and very few have actually bored me. The filler episodes are much better than they used to be in older series. And the unpredictability of this series is really fun too. WIth old series it was easy to predict the general outline of what was to come, but here we really have no idea where they're gonna go or who Ash will have his next big battle with, etc, which is really exciting.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I would give it 1.1 since we have reserves, but Iris suddenly becoming a champion is a joke for me. So back to 1 :p

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
But so
All she had were the clothes that her game counterpart wore as the Champion in B2W2. As of yet, there is no confirmation that she is the Unova Champion that I have seen.
I hope you are right, but someone posted a japanese source in her episode thread..

Applecorp

Everybody stop, don't keep voting, real Journeys just started
Lol nice joke. If you think Gary, Iris, Infernape and whichever other characters returning for like 1 episode apiece is going to change the momentum of this series then you're in for a rude awakening.

I'm giving this series a 2/5 because so far it's sucked. What I hate the most is that Ash's little field trips feel pointless and I'm bored with Ash battling minor characters all the time when he could be fighting the Galarian gym leaders.