• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So how do I get out of low priority queue in ranked?

Bigevilpeter

Apparently disconnecting in ranked games not only gives you a loss but after a couple of times puts you in low priority queue. I have been in that situation for almost a month now, thought it would be a temporary thing but its not going away.

Anyone has any clue whats going on here? Maybe resets next season? If im stuck like that for good then screw this game.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I mean, getting penalized for disconnecting from Ranking matches has been a thing since at least gen 6, since it's not only rude but messes with the server's ratings and will thus still count as a loss. If you're not disconnecting on purpose, you may need to contact your internet provider to check for connection issues with your router/wifi. I almost never have connection issues since we had our provider come and check all of our equipment and replace some cables on the outside of our house.

Ophie

Salingerian Phony
I mean, getting penalized for disconnecting from Ranking matches has been a thing since at least gen 6, since it's not only rude but messes with the server's ratings and will thus still count as a loss. If you're not disconnecting on purpose, you may need to contact your internet provider to check for connection issues with your router/wifi. I almost never have connection issues since we had our provider come and check all of our equipment and replace some cables on the outside of our house.

You got a better ISP than me...we got Frontier, who bought up all of this neighborhood's Internet infrastructure and won't let other ISPs use it, effectively giving them a monopoly on anything short of satellite (like Hughes). Though they do maintenance sometimes, they're very slow to respond to complaints here, if they respond at all.

This neighborhood runs off a system in which every household shares access to a central device placed outside (but underground). Each evening, our Internet speed and stability slows to a crawl. It's because someone else is hogging it all up every evening, but I don't know whom.

That being said, the Switch has a much better connection wired than wireless. I encounter much fewer connectivity problems when docked and connected with a cable.

neophenx

Pokemon Strategist
I know how that can go. When my roommates and I first moved into our new place, we had to one-by-one try having different things changed until we got the internet to work consistently. First we changed out the router and modem to a newer set, and it worked fine for a bit, but then it turned out the wired connection into the house had some background noise that killed the internet connectivity altogether. Fortunately, the service techs could pinpoint the issues without too much trouble once we had isolated the actual issue.

I know people complain about Nintendo Network connection, but I never really have sweeping issues with it like people say there is. Only time I've ever had actual connection issues was when it was the internet connection itself. Doesn't help that ISP's and cable companies do tend to monopolize the areas they work in.