• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So how much do y’all think the PWC is going to be referenced in the new *possible* series?

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
As much as they mention Ash saving the world and meeting Legendaries

Kein

AKA Silktree
I don't know why but this trailer kinda confirms to me that Serena and Greninja won't be back ever again in the show. Hopefully TR are the main characters now but I feel like Ash is just being hidden.
That was not a trailer... It's just a short for game promotion, not unlike the Alain ones (not the specials) for the ORAS Megas back in the day. The art style is unchanged from the current series, too.

Remind me again why people think that a new series hasn't been this announced this late? Production issues? Yes, because a poster is that hard to make.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I just want a scene of him trying to install a shelf for the trophy he won.

Hu Tao

Serebii Lurker for at least half a decade
Well kalos league was basically never mentioned in SM, and even in JN it took up to the filler alola episode with the Kommo-o trainers for Ash being a Champion to br acknowledged. On the other hand they can introduce Nemona as a fellow champion level trainer who could realistically beat Ash if Ash uses his non busted mons. PWC will most likely get a mention but it may not be at the beginning of the series.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Remind me again why people think that a new series hasn't been this announced this late?
Maybe there won't be a new series, and Journeys will just continue as is under the same title.

Sonic Boom

@JohanSSB4 Twitter
Pokemon Masters is co-opting this thing and calling it a Neo Champion Stadium.

image.png

No Ash, but they coulda put Kukui/Hau in place to rep Alola and cover all the games, but they didn't.

So hey, backup plan.

Last edited:

diesglamouris

It depends on who would be the director and writers. If Tomiyasu continues, probably PWC would get more than a mention, otherwise...

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
Maybe at the final episode of JN / first episode of the Paldea anime, we have a scene where Geeta / either Sada or Turo seeing the PWC with Ash taking down Leon and calling Clavell on inviting Ash to Paldea and the academy.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Maybe at the final episode of JN / first episode of the Paldea anime, we have a scene where Geeta / either Sada or Turo seeing the PWC with Ash taking down Leon and calling Clavell on inviting Ash to Paldea and the academy.
What if they go with 2 Acedemy rivarly with potential Clavell and Geeta being Principals while Ash and Nemona are main Battle Teacher/Coaches preparing both Academy Teams for some kind of Team Tournament? One Team gets Arven, Penny and some of the younger GLs while the other the main 5 Team Star admins?

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
Judging by the latest press release, it does seem like they'll be keeping in mind Ash's PWC win when continuing his adventure.

I find it hard to imagine they would push the reset the button when directly acknowledging "Yes, he's a Champion now, but his adventures will continue, stay tuned to find out what we're gonna do!"

Or maybe I'm just being overly optimistic.

AllOfAshmon

Mezase Pokemon Master- Thank You Ash and Pikachu
What if they go with 2 Acedemy rivarly with potential Clavell and Geeta being Principals while Ash and Nemona are main Battle Teacher/Coaches preparing both Academy Teams for some kind of Team Tournament? One Team gets Arven, Penny and some of the younger GLs while the other the main 5 Team Star admins
Maybe Ash can defend his PWC championship title against the Paldea gym leader? That way he still gets to battle without seen as "going to do the gym again" and the writer acknowledge his status as World Champion too

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
If Iono debuts and doesn't try to capitalize on Ash being World Champion to up her subscriber count and views, then what's the point of having a kooky streamer character?

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think Pwc will be a reference to bigger tournaments in the future. But I have serious doubts about Pwc. Very good champions competed. However, it is possible to enter big tournaments where champions such as Jon Dickson, Virgil and Tobias will take part.

Not everyone wanted to join Pwc. This gives the writers a chance to show that Ash still isn't the best.