• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So... how old is Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammi

Banned
Err, 13-14. I mean, if he were sixteen he'd look really different. I don't see him looking any more different.

Charizard#1

Colorless Madness
He's still ten people look on anime they reall dont never have birthdays.
Did you see ash celebrate his birthdays in anime i didnt think so.

~Corey

pokefossil

its been a couple of years since the premiere so he must have aged my guess is that he is 16....i watch the old episodes of the first series and his voice sounds way different too...i know the person who does the voice is a girl but still its like he really grew up

Chatsy

Perverted Ash fan
Animewise he has no age (nor does it frickin' matter), real life wise, he just turned ten since it's ten years ago he debuted.

I may as well c&p this post for next month's version of this topic D:

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
Kanto- 10
orange islands- 10
johto- 11
hoenn- 12
sinnoh- 13
There you go, feel free to criticise.

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
Kanto-10
Orange Islands-11
Johto-11 1/2
Hoenn-12
Battle Frontier- 13
Sinnoh-13 1/2

He can't of been 11 in the orange islands because in the pikachu and pichu short it is his 11th birthday

Shiny pokemon lover

Shiny pokemon hunter
Well, I had thought that he is one year in each region and therefore is around 15 years old.
The writers should give us the ages at the main characters.

Bedouin Pirate

Gypsy Punk
I don't know if it's just me but I think he does look a bit older in the show (as does brock for that matter). Not that that means anything, it could jsut be the way the style has evolved over the years. And in the BF flashbacks, when he was visualising when he caught each of his main Kanto Pokemon, his character looked significantly younger (especially in that first one, when it showed him getting his Pikachu).

Although it's not important, or official, I think he's supposed to be around 13ish, maybe slightly older..

Mani

He may not be like 15 or Something. I believe that he's like 12 or 13

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
He's still ten people look on anime they reall dont never have birthdays.
Did you see ash celebrate his birthdays in anime i didnt think so.

~Corey
Because we all know he just appeared out of nowhere.

"Now that I'm ten, I can finally become a Pokemon trainer." Therefore, he has a birthday. Just because you don't celebrate your birthday doesn't mean you don't have one.
Ash's age?

He's old enough to be your grandpa.

The anime is really Ash retelling "the good old days"...

Believe that if you like.
Best reply in the thread.

Last edited:

dman_dustin

Ash's age?

He's old enough to be your grandpa.

The anime is really Ash retelling "the good old days"...

Believe that if you like.

Old Ash- That my grandkids is how I won the league
Kids- Wow Grandpa, that's awesome
Old Ash- Next time I'll tell you how I met my first wife

Last edited:

Miniduffa

Fire Lover
the anime shows 2 of ash's b-days

BowBeforeRotom

.7lbs of PLASMA DOOM
Ash was ten years old at the beginning of the series. In the episode "The Battle Of The Badge", Ash says that it was a whole year since he, Pikachu, and Misty first came to Viridian City, meaning that he would be 11 at that time. Also later in the short called Pikachu & Pichu in the third movie, Ash said it was the day he met Pikachu, meaning his age at that time would logically be around 12. A English promo for the episode "Better Eight Than Never", which involved Ash getting his final Johto badge, said that Ash started his journey three years ago, meaning he was then 13. Thus it can be logically deduced that at the end of each adventure through a region or challenge, Ash ages one year. At this point he is 15 when he enters Sinnoh.
That is from Wikipedia, and we all know it can't be fully trusted, they seem to have it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.