• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So... how old is Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thorn6066

I have been wondering this for years, his voice got deeper, but his face and growth hasnt changed.... But I guess around 13-15

Angelic Pika

i stalk you
hmm...

on my opinion i think ash is about 14?

well don't flame me for that...

and i think people think ash is about 13-14
^yes i know it's confusing...

//:sparkie;025;

GRNFIRE

Nsider
Well, there are 500 episodes, and most of them show nightfall at the end.

So, I am guessing 11.

Incarnati0n

Just as planned.
the series started on his 10th... and the 2nd (or was it the 3rd?) movie has this pikachu short where they celebrate the day Ash got pikachu...
so i think 12, maybe 14...

on the other hand, his brains are still around the age of 6 it seems >_<

sandslash_1

I'd say he's 14 or 15 just cause he's been in alot of regions now and he is more mature but yes he's still all about the badges and stuff lol and he started when he was 10 and it took him the longest to get through Hoenn i'd say.

Delta Major

Bird Gym Leader
I think he's 14. Maybe borderline 15 years old? >>;..

FireKero!

SWABLR
I believe it's safe to say that Ash is about 14 years old. Definately not older then 15, and probably not younger then 13.

Meh. :/

Yami Marius

Pokémon Wizard
Kanto: 1 year and 2 months
Orange Islands: 6 months
Johto: 1 years and 6 months
Hoenn: around 1 year
Battle Frontier: 4 – 6 months

This would put him around 15 although he still behaves like a 10 year old…

Atreyu

Well Ash hasn't experienced any of the symptons that you normally get with puberty, so maybe he is 15.

I mean, do they ever really tell us what happens between episodes?

Jay star

Coordinator Lover
Well Ash should be about 14 or 15, or Really 20 hehehe but thats only in tv years he would be 10 and he started at 10 so...

Anyway....
Yeah 14-15 but in the anime we never get confirmation of age.

snatch

Umm....technically he's 20 years old, because when this all started he was 10, and now it's the tenth anniversary.... 10 + 10 = 20

:)

Myzou

Confirmed in the movie, kind of. Meowth Stated that they had been after Pikachu from before Dawn was born, hence Dawn is 10. Therefore, They admitted they've been doing it for 10 years. Therefore, Ash is 20. (they knew she was 10, because she was a beginning trainer.)

CharizardMaster

Belgian Waffles!!!
I believe he turned 14 by the time he went to Sinnoh.

zeroX20

Indigo Champion
Confirmed in the movie, kind of. Meowth Stated that they had been after Pikachu from before Dawn was born, hence Dawn is 10. Therefore, They admitted they've been doing it for 10 years. Therefore, Ash is 20. (they knew she was 10, because she was a beginning trainer.)[/QUOTE

"We have been in pika persuits since you've been alive"

this staement doesn't actually refer to the amount of years team rocket in the anime timeline has been chasing pikachu. what it does describe is how long the show has been going on. the show started in japan April 1 1997.

and as for ashes age I really dont know. Mainly because his physical appearance hasn't changed at all if you dont count his clothes which are the same size as his original clothes. he has gained more experience, that is true.

I am curious are the pikachu shorts part of the series?

if they are not then ash is still 10. because there hasn't and correct me if I am wrong been an anniversery in the actual movie or series.

Last edited:

zeroX20

Indigo Champion
well the deepening of the voice is true. But doesn't that have more to do with the voice actor or actress improving the voice over time?

Status
Not open for further replies.