• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So... how old is Ash?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pantyer2

<< HOOT HOOT
Ash should be 21 nealy because it's been 10 YEARS! lol. But on cartoons people NEVER grow up. it's just the same woth the simpsons!

PokemonTrainerLisa

Veronica Taylor fan
I don't believe that, cause like I said, I hate the "anime characters are ageless" theory. In my opinion, it takes all the fun out of guessing the characters' ages, and how old they might be currently.

Ash is a demon in the guise of a ten year old boy. That's why he's never changed. :p
Actually, that's a pretty good theory, now that I think about it....

Hehe. If Ash were a demon, he would be a demon from the anime series Kyo Kara Maou.

Because in that series, demons look just like regular humans. And not only that, they appear young in age, but are actually much older. XD!!!!

Rex Kamex

Ash should be 21 nealy because it's been 10 YEARS! lol. But on cartoons people NEVER grow up. it's just the same woth the simpsons!

That depends on the cartoon. There are other cartoons, like Dragon Ball and Dragon Ball Z where the characters do grow up. (Within the show, too.)

Blaziryu

Indigo League: 10-11 yrs. old

Orange League: 11-12 yrs. old

Johto League: 12-13 yrs. old

Hoenn League: 13-14 yrs. old

Battle Frontier: 14-14.5 yrs old

Sinnoh League: 14.5-???

So Ash is now 14.5 years old.

M???

id say about 14-15. the 1st season was about 15 months (1 year when they get back to veridian, plus about 3 months befor the indigo league), that puts us at about 11. in the 3rd movie, it says its the anniversary of ash and pikachu missing, in 3rd season, so another year (mabey 2), so that puts us @ 12-13. plus the rest of johto, all of hoenn (which lasted a number of months as stated in the anime itself), and the duration of the battle frontire. so yeah, about 3 or four years have passed since ash set out for the 1st time!

M???

the 1st season lasted about 15 months, a year to veridian, then about 3 months to the league. that would put ash at over 11. in the third movies, it is an anniversary since ash and pikachu met, so i guess another year, so there (@ season 3 end) he would be about 12. then theres season 4 and 5 (the rest of johto), so say another year or 2 to guess, so hes about 13/14. hoenn lasts a number of months (as mentioned at the end of season 8), then theres a few months for the frontier. so that would put him @ 14/15. 16 @ the very most!

Turak

I'd like to see the a percentage of the people who believe Ash is only around eleven or so are advance or pearl shippers. Anyway, I think Ash is about 15, for the same reasons others have stated above. But I know they have aged Ash a bit, as he looks a bit older in the most recent episodes compared to the original episodes.

honey_clover112

tsundere full force!
Grrah..

I think it's 15, or 14. He does look older in the recent episodes....they're secretly putting some height to Ash so the fans can't see the difference?XD

;006;

Grrah..

I think it's 15, or 14. He does look older in the recent episodes....they're secretly putting some height to Ash so the fans can't see the difference?XD

;006;

And with that new voice actor for Ash, he sounds older as well.

Sir Devious

Sir Devious
Im pretty sure he is 14. He can't travel Kanto, Orange Islands, Johto, Hoenn, Kanto again, and Sinnoh in less than a year. He's probably like 14 1/2.

Corzola

Gible´s biggest fan!
Yeah, 14 - 15 seems right. An example of Ash heigh, in season 1 he stands besides Erica and looks much smaller. In BF he stands besides Anabel and look almost as tall as she. I think Erica (during s1) was in the same age Anabel was in s9 (BF). And I think Erica (s1) and Anabel (s9) is around 16 - 18 years old. You can also look at the earlier eps with Gary and compare it to the meeting at the end of BF.

In the anime we know that its at least 3,5 years since he started out on his journey and to that we can add a few years.

I think cartoon does not age...but heres a fact.. it depends in the anime makers if the cartoon age..but to break it gently..i thinkash is eleven yrs old...;222;;munchlax;;328;;078;;107;

qwerty2263

The Hat > You.
I'd say he's about 13-15. They should have an episode that mentions his age.

Electric Squirrel

Ludicolo Lover
Grrah..

;006;

I agree with that but also if you listen to him you can tell hes going through puberty becuase his voice is all high and squeaky next thing we know he will sound like those movie announcers :p

Confirmed in the movie, kind of. Meowth Stated that they had been after Pikachu from before Dawn was born, hence Dawn is 10. Therefore, They admitted they've been doing it for 10 years. Therefore, Ash is 20. (they knew she was 10, because she was a beginning trainer.)[/QUOTE

"We have been in pika persuits since you've been alive"

this staement doesn't actually refer to the amount of years team rocket in the anime timeline has been chasing pikachu. what it does describe is how long the show has been going on. the show started in japan April 1 1997.

Team Rocket KNOWS that they are in a TV SHOW, that's why 10 years passed for them while 3-4 years passed for Ash.

That's also while they are immortal?

Atreyu

I think he's between 13 and 16. But who knows?
Maybe we should ask Ash himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.