1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So I guess Ash will get something during the GF.

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by TheNewGuy, May 6, 2010.

1. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

Seems like they're devoting a little time to Gible's Draco Meteor in each episode. Not much, but just enough to remind us about it.

Now I understand that he usually gets something new during the GFs, but when do does the "thing" usually happen? Final episode of the arc? Second-to-last?

Either way, by my reckoning I think we'll see Gible master Draco Meteor in the next two weeks. Just think that the writers wouldn't devote time to it during an arc that should really be all Dawn's if they weren't going to have him learn it. Then he can go into the gym battle fully equipped - in fact I'd say he has one of the most significant advantages over a gym leader in a very long time, provided he doesn't mess up and use Buizel or Staraptor. Having two Ground types is good news, and Infernape can use a ground move himself.

2. BirdStaraptor

BirdStaraptor Sinnoh Master

maybe evolution!
    remember? Ash was training Snowrunt during Hoenn GF, he did master Ice beam and has evolved..

Gible=Snowrunt!

3. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Well-Known Member

I doubt Gible would evolve during the Sinnoh Grand Festival, but learning Draco Meteor kind of seems plausible. Gible seemed to be getting the hang of Draco Meteor a little bit in DP175. We'll just have to wait and see what DP176 & DP177 have to offer on the matter.

4. Ash-kid

Ash-kid Ash-kid

The only thing that might happen during the GF is Gible masters his Draco Meteor since the gym battle is just ahead. I think it won't evolve, at least not until the league.

5. d4rk_tailed

d4rk_tailed Doritoes,Leaf Storm!

Lol two meteors. Amazing that. Maybe by the time it faces Volkner (if it does), its going to have 4 meteors for each Pokemon ;)

Anyway, the writers are done for big surprises now. If Gible were gonna evolve, that shot of Ash's team at the end of Greatest Everyday would have had Gabite with him instead of Gible.

6. TheNewGuy

TheNewGuy Well-Known Member

I don't think the whole "would have been in the opening" thing is good logic - Torterra and Infernape both evolved very, very quickly after we got the new opening and Togekiss was pretty quick as well. If Gible were to evolve at, say, the league, that's another three months away or something. I'm pretty sure newly evolved Pokemon have been added to openings in the past (wasn't Ambipom added after it evolved?). I don't think we can take the opening as a surefire sign of Ash's final team for the league.

7. d4rk_tailed

No, I dont mean the individual shots of the team, I mean the shot at the end where Ash faces everyone accross the field. I know opening themes shouldnt be read into too much, but firstly, Im such a big fan of Gible and its evo would lose some of the magic, but secondly, that shot had everything, Im sure. If we arent going to trust that, we might aswell reason that Charizard, Sceptile and Gliscor are all going to turn up for the party. I hope this comes back to bite me, coz Id love Char and Scep to turn up.

8. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Ash better use more than just the Pokemon shown in the opening.

9. RuinsofPoli

RuinsofPoli Goodbye... DP

I think an Evolution won't be likely but is possible. It just depends I suppose. Maybe it will just be him mastering it.

10. SketchFox7

SketchFox7 Well-Known Member

This is sooooo true, the opening can not account for Ash's Pokemon through the rest of the series, Infernape/Torterra/Togekiss came rather quickly after the opening appeared (and Togekiss is still not with Dawn during the scene where the legendary birds fly over Brock and show the main cast, Togekiss is still missing, dun dun dun!!!) they've changed it sooo many times before and it is still possible for Gible, Buizel, Buneary, Happiny or whoever else to evolve b4 the end (at least after the league, bcuz of the league shot, but that could change too)

11. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Okay so let's not use the opening as an example.

What about the movie merchandise?

Gible was the only one shown (not Gabite/Garchomp), and movie merchandise showed nothing new except Pokemon that no one currently has in any form.

The only thing likely to happen, is Gible mastering draco meteor. Evolution is off the table until after the movie.

Now granted Gabite and Garchomp do show up in the movie (at least in one scene), but so does a whole bunch of Pokemon, even Grotle and Torterra, it doesn't really make much sense (given the context of the scene) that suddenly Ash's Gible (or its evolved form) would stand next to it's evolution family while 'staring" at Ash in sort of a menacing kind of way. Nor would it make sense for a random Grotle to stand next to Ash's Torterra (assuming of course that Torterra in that shot was even Ash's).

12. BlueDragonfangirl

BlueDragonfangirl Well-Known Member

It'd be freakin awesome if it evolved during the Grand Festival arc.
    Learning a new attack would be more possible.

13. ZgonDuck

ZgonDuck Like A Boss

It's not evolving guys, at least not before the movie, it's just perfecting Draco Meteor.

14. Dax

Dax R.I.P Dax

Perfecting Draco Meteor is the only option. Thank goodness... about time.Most annoying attack training plot ever. I'm ready to see new sides of the little dragon.

15. whataffah

whataffah Well-Known Member

Exactly, that's what I said earlier. All those knowitalls were claiming that it wasn't shown evolved in the opening, but really, that doesn't matter. Though, we can state that Gible won't evolve during the GF. Togekiss was shown in the opening, because it was 'captured' soon time after it aired. If Gible would evolve during the GF, well, it was shown evolved in the opening already. I can only see it evolve during, or right before the league. There have to be many episodes during the airing of the opening and the time to 'let something else happen'.

Since the opening aired in DP160 or something, I could see it evolve from DP185 and on. But even then, we know Gible was captured in DP157. Is 28 episodes enough to let a pre-pseudolegendary evolve?

On moments like this, I hate that ugly nerd-kid from DP145. What was his name again? It was that Johto-fellah. If that kid never appeared, Ash should have a 'normal' Gible. If we turned it, and the airhead Gible appeared in DP145, we could laugh of those jokes of that Gible. Now, we are stuck with that Gible, who, unless it evolves, never gets feelings. Don't understand me wrong; when I heard, Ash gets a Gible, I became excited. But er, now we see this Gible. Almost everybody is sick of the jokes around him. If Ash caught the Gible from DP145, it would be league worthy. Then they also would have met that DracoMeteor lady, and he would have learned it.

Why gave those creators an airhead-Gible to us, WHY?

16. dman_dustin

dman_dustin Well-Known Member

Just because Gible is an "airhead" doesn't mean it's not League worthy. "We" all saw its battle with Empoleon, and it held it's own and didn't lose easily. It even managed to survive Togekiss's onslaught of powerful attacks.

17. SketchFox7

SketchFox7 Well-Known Member

Khoury... and yes, not happy he got the awesome, battle-worthy, determined, tough Gible and then they gave Ash this dim-witted Draco Meteor wannabe Gible, but its okay, he'll hppefully grow out of it and aside from the Empoleon battle we haven't seen the little guy really go for it, he could very well surprise us come Sunyshore Gym/Sinnoh League, and he could very well become a basic stage powerhouse, lets wait and see, I have faith in him!!!

18. d4rk_tailed

Because its a fabulous piece of writing, thats why. Now hes not going to take Paul with a beefed Giga-Impacting Gliscor, but a retarded lil lump of dragon that cant even aim straight.

So at the end, he can shove it up Paul's a**e that Pauls got 6 huge fully evolved Pokemon and Ash himself only has the three.

19. Stage On

Stage On Aura guardian

What's wrong with Gible being an airhead? I think it's personailty is cute xd

20. BlueVapor

BlueVapor Well-Known Member

Agreed, agreed. The training has gotten pretty old now, so I think we can expect it to master the move at the festival, and that's it. I doubt it will evolve...