• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

so i heard it's possible to download games & applications free of charge on PSN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
Or gamesharing in short. I picked it up while viewing a few conversations i stumbled upon so i thought it might be an idea to share with you guys.

Anyway the idea of how it works is very simple, Two guys somewhere on this planet (let it be someone local and reliable or suffer the consequences) with both their own PS3 and buyed downloads from the PS3 shop share their PSN ID and password with eachother and make an extra account on their own PS3 using the other guy's PSN ID and password for establishing an onlineaccount on it, When that's done go to the shop on the PS3 on the other guy's name and then download the games and other stuff he already had downloaded free of charge and install it on his account, It is then usable while logged in on your own account.

Sofar i hear doing this is +- legal (Minus as in sharing passwords) and not very liked by sony, However it works.

This is what i know about it. It usualy would be a retarded idea to give away PSN accounts just like that however i think it is possible and relatively save if you do such things together with a local friend in the neighbourhood who holds the password to open the second account when requested which serves as a safetyprecaution to keep the PSN account save from unwanted use.

So, what do you guys think about this rather unusual idea?
I am going to try this out myself soon, When possible i'll get some more details up.

Last edited:

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
well if one Xbox account shares it's buyed downloads on all the other existing accounts and if things that are downloaded can be downloaded again without paying for it after it was purchased i think there is a good chance this can be done in a simulair way yes.

however i don't know much about how Xbox works and if it has taken any measures to prevent things like this so it has to be tried out by someone.

Last edited:

Zerokku

Nonstop Breeder
Hm, I wonder what's for dinner if this can be done similarly on Xbox LIVE?

Slightly. An account can be passed around to different consoles, but obviously can't be online with the profile at the same time as someone else. And the system that doesn't have the licenses for that profile must be online to play the games, which ultimately defeats the purpose.

Blue Steel

Deathstars fanatic
My frined tried it with someone before...he got banned from playstation network I think.

Not worth it.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
My frined tried it with someone before...he got banned from playstation network I think.

Not worth it.

i readed some stuff about that aswell, however i also heard that only the home adress get's banned and that online gaming work on another IP adress. and besides that i have also heard that sony detects things like this by looking for multiple accounts that are active at the same time.

in short i'm still collecting info about it and figuring out what works and what doesn't.

Surfing_Pikachu

RedStarWarrior

Forum Tsar
Well, given that Sony is banning people for doing this, I'm going to consider it being a taboo subject and close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.