• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So i herd u liek doublez???

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Yes, just another Double Battle Team. My first at that. The pokemon of this team are meant to abuse each other, then to kill the opponent. Changes in Purple, Additions in Blue, Deletions in Red
593.gif
381.gif
I started with a variation of the Saza/Jelly combo, but dark weakness was too great......
593.gif
381.gif
639.gif

So i added terrakion, who covers the big hole in my core's defenses. Now for a trappsetter, and a spinner
593.gif
381.gif
639.gif
205.gif

Forretress is an epic spinner and Jellicent can switch in on fire attacks, but most of my team has healing troubles....
593.gif
381.gif
639.gif
205.gif
113.gif

Evo-Chansey is a beast, and with heal bell, wish, AND helping hand; i had to use it.
593.gif
381.gif
639.gif
205.gif
113.gif
006.gif

i know what you're thinking, Charizard? Why him when so many better candidates are out there. Two Words-"Beat Up" With that, i could abuse justified without any work on Terrakion's part(except for taking the hits)
593.gif
381.gif
639.gif
205.gif
113.gif
461.gif

Charizard really wasn't pulling his weight, and was OHKO'd before Beat Up was used, so Weavile took that slot. It's fast, but not as bulky, but can still pull his weight on this team
593.gif
381.gif
638.gif
205.gif
113.gif
461.gif

Terrakion's defenses were in the way of the beat up combo, so Cobalion's defenses were crucial

~The Finished Result~

638.gif

Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 HP/ 252 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor
Cobalion, offensively a beast (especially with Justified abuse). Defensively, even better. Being a Physical Sweeper, Life Orb is for power, but he needs good Physical Bulk to survive moves life Earthquake. After a Beat Up, he can OHKO anything that doesn't resist it.

461.gif

Weavile (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Beat Up
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Brick Break
Weavile is a sexy beast. Beat Up for Terrakion and Subs, Ice Shard for priority, Night Slash for STAB, and Brick Break for nice coverage. Pretty Self Explanitory, really

113.gif

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Helping Hand
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss
My cleric. Helping Hand is for a partner attack boost, Wish and Heal Bell for support, and Seismic Toss to attack, if threatened to. Bad defenses made up for with eviolite.

205.gif

Forretress (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Def / 252 SDef
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin
The Ability is a free focus sash! Red Card is for fire types like the stupid moth. A trap setter, spinner, and if forced to, it will blow the opponent up(with jellicent of course)

381.gif

Latios (M) @ Yache Berry
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock
A Special Sweeper. Surf is for coverage, and for Jellicent. HP fire takes on pesky ice types. Phsyshock is for opposing special walls, Draco Meteor is EPIC STAB.

593.gif

Jellicent (M) @ Water Gem
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Blizzard
- Recover
- Scald
- Shadow Ball
My bulky jellyfish. Blizzard is for grass types, Pain split is to keep healthy, burns are always nice with scald, and Shadow Ball is nice STAB.

My Doubles Team. Please rate. It as a so-so record or 20Wins to 10Defeats. Justified+Beat Up does NOT work more often than not. I have been left with only chansey before, so Seismic Toss is a must have. :)

This is my first doubles team. Please, any criticism(the good kind) is appreciated :D
Test my team on PO!
Cobalion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 164 Def / 92 SDef
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Iron Head
- X-Scissor

Weavile (F) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Beat Up
- Ice Shard
- Night Slash
- Brick Break

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Psyshock

Jellicent (M) @ Wise Glasses
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SAtk / 252 SDef
- Blizzard
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Water Spout

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Helping Hand
- Wish
- Heal Bell
- Seismic Toss

Forretress (M) @ Red Card
Trait: Sturdy
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Explosion
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

3.14kachu

2.72pic √(-1)nventor
Nice use of Beat-up, but that will only work on Cobalion. Nice use of Surf, but that will only work with Jellicent, as will Explosion. Your strategies are in some cases very reliant on a pokemon to survive, and they fall apart when certain pokemon get KO'ed, but that's not that big of an issue.

I honestly think that, with Rock Slide and Earthquake as double-hitting moves, Terrakion would be preferred.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Nice use of Beat-up, but that will only work on Cobalion. Nice use of Surf, but that will only work with Jellicent, as will Explosion. Your strategies are in some cases very reliant on a pokemon to survive, and they fall apart when certain pokemon get KO'ed, but that's not that big of an issue.

I honestly think that, with Rock Slide and Earthquake as double-hitting moves, Terrakion would be preferred.

I tried terrakion, but it's too frail. A technican bullet punch from scizor OHKO'd it.

Soperman

The One and Only
Excellent team, but I can see some flaws.
Chansey has terrible defense. 118 is only decent defense... if you are level 50. Take out those EVs from Chansey's defense and put them on Hp. So much more worth it. And not bold, calm.
Forretress will die from a fire attack easily, so red card is kind of useless.

AJ

❖☢☼☯☾♛☮
Excellent team, but I can see some flaws.
Chansey has terrible defense. 118 is only decent defense... if you are level 50. Take out those EVs from Chansey's defense and put them on Hp. So much more worth it. And not bold, calm.
Forretress will die from a fire attack easily, so red card is kind of useless.

thanks! and foretress has sturdy, so a fire blast chandelure would have to switch out, but what would you reccomend?