• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So I skipped Volumes 3-8...

Pokemon Trainer Blue

Smell ya later!
Borders didn't have volume 3-8, leaving me with 1, 2, 9, and 10. And my parents hate it when I use the internet to buy stuff. So I'm wondering, did I miss out on anything important in Volume 8 that I should know for 9 and 10? I feel like I just came in the middle of things and it's pretty confusing.

Thanks.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
You missed Red winning the Pokemon league.
And Yellow's adventure to find Red three years later.
And many events within the volumes.
So, yes, you did.

Aquarelle

Staff member
Volume 8 is the first volume of the GSC series, so you missed Gold and Silver being introduced, which is why Volume 9-10 may feel confusing.

You can always read the summaries for the chapters in volume 8 here if you want to get caught up.

Fortunato

Sic Transit Gloria
and the events in them will come up again as the manga progresses so i suggest finding something to learn about them

Paperfairy

Pokémon Capture Pro
You missed the _best_ volumes.

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Borders didn't have volume 3-8, leaving me with 1, 2, 9, and 10. And my parents hate it when I use the internet to buy stuff. So I'm wondering, did I miss out on anything important in Volume 8 that I should know for 9 and 10? I feel like I just came in the middle of things and it's pretty confusing.

Thanks.
That's kind of odd, they must have ran out. But if they did then they should restock them here soon, so I'd recommend checking your local Borders again soon since they should get more at some point. That or request them from Borders, since you aren't allowed to buy stuff from the internet.

And yes you did. You missed the introduction of Gold and Silver and the start of the entire GSC arc in volume 8. And while that may be the only thing you feel left out on for now, I'd definitely recommend getting volumes 3-7 soon too since you'll also need to have knowledge of the those volumes later on in GSC as well. GSC not only focuses on Gold, Silver and Crystal but also has characters from the first seven volumes (Red, Blue, Green and Yellow) tied into the story as well.

Hope that helps.

You can always read the summaries for the chapters in volume 8 here if you want to get caught up.
Oh that was a clever thing to recommend! Kudos for trying to help him. :)

You missed the end of the RB arc, the entire Y arc, and the beginning of the GS arc.
Technically he only asked from he missed from volume 8, not volumes 3-8, but those things too. :p And hey, don't you mean the RBG arc (not RB) and GSC arc (not GS)? Those arcs are known as Red/Blue/Green and Gold/Silver/Crystal since those are not only the games they are connected to but every character with those names are in those respective arcs as well. Don't let Viz's lack of title on volumes 1-3 and mislabel of "Gold and Silver" on volumes 8-15 fool you. XP

You missed the _best_ volumes.
Matter of opinion. Those volumes are good and are all important for the story, but I don't think they are the best volumes. But again, that's just my matter of opinion, and I'm not trying to pass it off as fact. :p

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Pretty much everything everyone else has said. Though I hope you can find the volumes. My Borders doesn't have many Pokemon Special/Adventures volumes either they use to though. If you have one near by you could try Barnes and Noble as they have many volumes in stock and several copies of them as well. I've been to three Barnes and Noble and they have lots of them in stock.