• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So In Love (A Tails&Cosmo Love Fanfiction)

Xumahare

Okay. Sooo sorry I haven't reviewed in a while! I've turned into a closet reader again! I hate it when I do that.

Anyway. Don't have that much time for a full chap-by-chap review of what I missed, so I'll just do this last one:

Poor Cosmo, thinking she was going to bleed to death. That's gotta suck. ((Nice part before that, by the way.)) Interesting how Amy just-up and dragged Cosmo out to shop (and *just* after Cosmo's terrifying [for her] experience, too), but, seeing what she bought, I'm not surprised (though I am at what she bought). The funniest part was Amy teaching Cosmo how to fight, taking it out on Knuckles. Poor, poor Knuckles. Gotta feel sorry for him.

Anyway. Can't wait to read the next chapter, PokePlayer.

~X

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
O...kay...

Right… I can see where this is going…

Granted, both Tails and Cosmo are old enough to ‘do it’, but personally, I think they’re little bit too young to be doing this kind of stuff yet. If they are to ‘do it’, I suggest that they ‘do it’ at a later age, like 18. ^^;

Liked the ideas you placed in the chapter (although the Cosmo ‘touching’ herself part was a bit awkward), especially the part where Amy used Knuckles as a sparring dummy. Boy, that was funny.

Another good thing is that there are no spelling mistakes. ^^ Whoot!

;172; : What'cha reading, Brian?

Me: *Covers screen* Nothing! I mean... you wouldn't like it.

;172; : *Spots something* Lower region? What’s that?

Me: Um... it’s supposed to say ‘lower region of the country’ but the idiot couldn’t spell. ^^;

;172; : Brian, Richard Branson owns ‘Virgin’, right?

Me: Right.

;172; : What does ‘Virgin’ actually mean?

Me: o-o; Ask me that question in... ten years time. Better yet, ask Bill.

Last edited:
Okay, let's get those reviews out of the way, then I'll explain the reason for this post.

Air Dragon: Yeah, they sure are passing out, huh? ;) I was thinking of making Cream faint when she saw her mother naked in bed with Vector, but since she doesn't know about "The Facts of Life" yet, she doesn't know what's going on. So I got rid of the idea for that reason. Besides, I needed someone to make the plot work. ^_^

Thank you for correcting me on the SING part. I did get that idea from Miss Congeniality. It's just been quite a while since I last saw it, and peeling stuff from your memory can be quite inaccurate. :)

And don't worry, you'll find out what I have in store for Silver and Blaze soon enough. :D

Xtra: The main idea behind Amy buying all that stuff for Cosmo was getting her ready for what could come. To understand it fully, you must look at the world from a sick and twisted point of view. You see, in the real world, there are sex hungry males who only have the full intention of raping females for a means of enjoyment. No matter what the age. As such, I feel it is important for a woman to be able to protect herself. Amy was doing what was nessacary to protect Cosmo from sex hungry rapists. Even in the worst case scenarioes where the self defense techniquies don't work. ^_^

JB239874: It's your job to figure out the plot, but I will tell you that we are getting closer to it.

Xumahare: Don't worry, I'm like that myself sometimes. I understand. :)

Well, this had never happened to her before. Plus, all that blood was a shocker. Also, she wasn't the only one who thought she was bleeding to death, ya know. The family she's been living with since she came back feared for her too.

Also, with the Knuckles part, I had to figure out who would be willing to teach Cosmo how to fight. Knuckles just seemed the best choice, so he became the victim of Amy's "defensive skills". ;p

Brian Powell: The main point of the chapters involving Cosmo with this part is to finally make the main plot within the story happen. You're pretty much hitting the nail on the head with figuring out the plot, BP.

LOL @ Spoiler. What? He's not old enough to know that stuff yet? :) And don't you have a button on your computer to just turn off the screen? Or you could always hit the minimize button. (That's what I do whenever I don't want my parents to see what I'm doing on the net. ;))

Now, for the reason of this post.

Earlier, didn't you guys notice what I posted?

pokeplayer984 said:
Now for the fun part. You, the reader, get to make suggestions for what Cosmo's new look will be. This includes but is not limited to... hairstyle, hair color, make up and clothing. Whatever I think is best is what I will pick for the next chapter.

Out of all who have read this, only one person sent in a suggestion for Cosmo's new look.

Come on, guys! I need some ideas. Or do you not want me to finish this story?

Until I get more requests, I just can't get the next chapter done. Cosmo's new look is vital to it, and it won't be done without it. :)

So, come up with some requests, okay? ;)

Well, I'll see ya later. ^_^

DS Expert

Hard Core Poke Fan
If anyone is reading this message please PM pokeplayer984 your ideas to help the next chapter get written and posted here. Any ideas would be helpful. Anyone who's made it to this page should at least contribute some ideas in some way to this heavily dedicated fic.

Xtra

You will be missed:(
I sent it by E-mail, since Pokeplayer doesn't have his PM's open.

DarkfireAbsol

FC0903-0219-8673
hey fellow sonic fic writer!!, ok so should i PM you or??? i will pm you :D anyway its a realy good fic!!. the last chapter was uhhh interesting amy kinda freaked me out o_O;;; i was all amy is very very bad..... *hides in corner* but it was a realy good chapter, and poor poor knuckles!! well i love your fic and will keep reading hope to have another chater up soon!!.

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
LOL @ Spoiler. What? He's not old enough to know that stuff yet? And don't you have a button on your computer to just turn off the screen? Or you could always hit the minimize button. (That's what I do whenever I don't want my parents to see what I'm doing on the net. )
Yep, he's too young and I reacted without thinking.

Now, for Cosmo's new look, I’m not a fashion expert but here goes:

No.1
Pink or purple sleeveless t-shirt with a black leather jacket over it.
Short denim skirt
Pink or black handbag
Pink boots with white or black sole

No.2
A dress almost similar to Amy’s but green.

I thank everyone from the bottom of my heart for the suggestions on Cosmo's new look.

Do not hesitate to continue sending me suggestions. I'll even take one time looks that will most likely be for dates or special occasions.

I shall now work on the next chapter. I should have it up in a few weeks.

As a thank you for all your help, I present to you all the Tails&Cosmo heartbreaking scene where Cosmo sacrificed herself, completely subtitled. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az2LiwmMcO4

Hope you all enjoy it! ^_^

See ya later! ^_^

News on Progress & Preview

I have come here with an important message on the progress of the story. Now, I know I promised you all that the next chapter would be done by now. However, I have discovered that the upcoming chapter is longer than I had expected. Much longer! So, to that expense, it will be longer until it is finished.

Next, the progress of the story will be halted for the rest of July. This is because I made a promise to another forum to start a different story and present it throughout the month of July. So, in that sense, to fulfill the promise I have made, progress of the fic won't be continued until August. With this huge delay, the next chapter most likely won't appear until Labor Day. (1st Monday of September.)

I hope you will all forgive me for the huge delay. However, I'm going to make it up to all of you. How, will be revealed August 1st.

For now, I will give you what I have done thus far. This is a preview of the next one.

Hope you enjoy what I have done up to this point. ^_^

-------------

Chapter 12​

The two females soon arrived at a salon in the middle of town. It didn’t look all that big from the inside, maybe only the size of a normal house for four. Cosmo read the large sign on top that read “Bunnie’s Bouquet Salon” and wondered why they were here out of all places. Was Amy up to something that involved Cosmo?

The two walked in and Cosmo was surprised by the fact that she and Amy were the only ones there. The place had enough chairs that could handle twenty customers at once. The floor was light blue, but the tiles refracted off the light so one could clearly see their reflection in them. The walls were a contrast white and had a mirror in front of all the chairs.

Cosmo then saw something unusual. Humming to herself was a full-grown brown furred rabbit that had a left metal arm and legs. She had a purple one-piece upper body skirt that showed off all her curves, even the fully developed C size breasts.

Cosmo was shocked to see someone part robot running the place. Normally, those kinds of creatures would be under the control of their common enemy, which they still strangely hadn’t heard from since he killed Cheese the Chao. Not only that, but Cosmo also knew that Amy would never come to a place that was controlled by Dr. Eggman. So why was someone like that running the salon they were in?

The half-robot, half-rabbit looked up from her work on one of the chairs and noticed the two girls standing there. She smiled when she saw a familiar looking pink hedgehog with a red skirt.

“Well hello there, sugar girl!” She greeted.

“Hi, Bunnie!” Amy greeted back. “It’s been a while!”

“Yeah! So, how’s it going with trying to catch the fastest thing alive?”

Amy giggled. “Still trying, but I’ll get him one day!” She shouted with determination.

“Don’t give up, sugar girl! Just keep trying. You’ll get him one day!”

Amy nodded at her. She then decided to get to the reason why she was here. “Listen Bunnie, I need you to do something for a friend of mine.”

“What is it?” She asked in curiosity. Particularly to which one of the two girls was her next customer.

Amy then went behind the rather shy Cosmo that was also confused by everything going on and pushed her forward by her shoulders. “Amy, what are you doing?” She questioned the hedgehog.

“Just go along with it and I promise that you’ll have the greatest night of your life!” Amy whispered back. The pink hedgehog then turned her attention to Bunnie. “This is my friend, Cosmo. I need you to do a makeover on her for a ‘very special’ date she’s going to have tonight.” She instructed.

Cosmo was shocked to hear what Amy was really planning. In fact, she was speechless.

“Oh? And who’s the guy lucky enough to have such an experience with this girl?” Bunnie asked.

“It’s Tails!” Amy answered, which intrigued the half-rabbit, half-robot.

“You’re setting me up on a special date with Tails?” Cosmo asked in shock.

“More than just a date, Cosmo. Like I told you, play along, and you’ll have the greatest night of your life.” Amy then winked at her and Bunnie got the basic idea of what Amy was planning for the two, but Cosmo was unsure by what she meant by “the greatest night of her life”.

“Understood!” She pledged to her. She then turned her attention to the half-alien, half-plant creature in front of her. “Come with me, little one. We’ve got work to do.” She said.

Taking one last look at Amy, Cosmo reluctantly followed Bunnie to the exact place she would get her makeover. As soon as Bunnie started her work, Amy took out her cell phone and made a call and so that she could implement the next phase of her grand plan.

At this point, Tails was busy working on another of his inventions. He was building something and so that he could be ready when Eggman attacked again. He knew the madman was being far too quiet and would have something big planned. Tails would make sure that his newest invention would be able to deal with whatever it was that was in store for him and his friends.

He was just about to finally test the new invention when his phone started to ring. Hearing this caused him to be shocked enough to accidentally drop the new device out of his hands and roll along the floor. Once it stopped, the invention exploded, and caused a nice mess in his lab.

Tails got up from the rather minor explosion and coughed up some dust. “Well, at least I know it works like it should.” He groaned.

He continued to hear the phone. He walked over to the cordless phone nearby and picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hi Tails, its Amy!” The individual on the other end greeted.

“Hi Amy, what’s up?”

“Uh… are you busy tonight, Tails?”

“Not really, just working on something and so that we can be ready for whenever Eggman strikes again.”

“Well drop that project of yours because you have a date tonight!” Amy announced.

“What? With who?” He asked, being rather shocked.

“Who else? Cosmo!”

“Oh! Well that’s okay, then.” He said, feeling rather relieved.

Amy smiled at how well her plan was working. She knew that Tails would drop everything to go on a date with the girl he loved. In fact, since that special kiss on Christmas Day, the two had been dating three times a week on average. Some would say that their relationship was moving too fast, but they were pretty innocent with one another. Only going into passionate kissing if anything. No further than that really.

“Now, let me explain, okay? You will be taking her out tonight because of something special that happened to her. So while me and her were shopping for all this, I made a little call and got you two reservations at the ‘Grand Mystic Café and Resort’ at the heart of Mystic Ruins.”

Tails was very shocked to hear where Amy had planned him to take Cosmo. It took him a minute to get over the shock enough to say something. “Isn’t that the most expensive restaurant and hotel on the planet? I hear they charge you a hundred dollars just to walk in!”

“Yes, and no, it’s a thousand dollars.”

This time Tails was so shocked that he not only couldn’t speak, he had also dropped the phone.

“Tails? Tails, you okay?” Amy asked in worry and concern.

Tails got over the shock and quickly picked up the phone. “How do you expect me to afford something like that?” He yelled frantically.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for every cent of it. After all, I am a multi-billionaire.” She told him.

Tails sighed. “Well that’s a relief! I was worried that I was going to be in such a deep debt that I’d have to win several lotteries to pay it off. Either that or work somewhere for the rest of my life, pulling late hours, overtime and everything.”

“Good! Now, you’ll be picking her up at six o’ clock, because you have dinner reservations at seven, which is when the restaurant opens. Make sure to wear your fanciest suit possible, as this is a rich person’s place we are talking about. Also, you won’t be heading back to your homes until tomorrow. You and Cosmo will be sleeping in the same room, right next to the one I’ll be staying at.” She instructed him.

“You’re coming too?” He questioned her in a surprised tone.

“Well, someone has to pay for it all, and I want to make sure that the date goes as planned.” She retorted.

“Oh, right! Okay!”

“So we’ll see ya tonight at six?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you two then.”

“Great, bye!” She said as she hung up.

Tails wasn’t able to return the bye before she hung up. He set the phone down on the receiver and sighed heavily. He could hardly believe what was happening. He never set both him and Cosmo up for a romantic date. It was more of a normal friendship date thing, like going to the movies, a walk in the park or something along those lines. There were a few times Cosmo had slept over. Even nights where his beloved had fallen asleep in his arms while they were watching a movie. They were wonderful fantasies he once had that were coming true day by day. He had heard stories of what could happen during the more romantic date sort of things. A part of him hoped things didn’t get out of hand. Looking at the wall clock in his lab, it reading a bit past noon, he decided to start finding things to get ready for his big date with the girl he loved.

Meanwhile, Cosmo was just about to get her hair worked on.

“Uh, please avoid the flowers, they’re rather important to my species.” Cosmo cautioned her.

“Don’t worry, Sug! I’ll be gentle near them.” Bunnie responded sincerely to her plea and started to style the hair.

Bunnie decided to get into a little conversation with the young alien girl as she did see that her customer was nervous. “So, how long have you known little Tails?” She asked.

“Well, we’ve known eachother for about two and a half years, I think.” She answered.

“Really? And how long have you two been boyfriend/girlfriend material?”

“Um… Well it’s been about a year now since we started dating.”

“Wow, a whole year with that cutie? Have you two been in any romantic moments?”

“Aside from deep kissing, not really.”

“Has he given you many gifts?”

“A hand-made necklace, some scented paper flowers, a few boxes of chocolates, not much else. Though the first Christmas I spent with him, he did make me something else.”

“What was it?”

“Um… it’s called an Extreme Gear, do you know what that is?”

“Isn’t that one of those vehicles that’s like a skateboard without wheels?”

“Yep! I wanted one since our little adventure on another planet. I was so happy when he made one of those just for me.”

“If you ask me, you two sound like quite the couple. Can’t wait for the day you two get married.” Bunnie giggled with a smile on her face.

Cosmo started to blush when she heard what she was starting to see as her newest friend tell her that. She still found it hard to believe they were boyfriend/girlfriend material, and going further was something she had hardly thought about. During the little talk she recently had with Vanilla, she learned that marriage was more than just confirming a deep love and trust relationship between two friends. Being husband and wife meant a life-long commitment. It was more than just wanting to start a family as well. Marriage meant caring about the wonderful things that are likely to come with it. It meant that your new and yet to develop fully family came first above all others. It was something that was a serious decision and not to be taken lightly.

Cosmo could only think of one thing to say to this. “I’ve never really thought of me and Tails as marriage material.”

“Well, I think you two are meant for each other, sug! I just know the day will come when I see Tails happily holding your future child in his hands and thinking how proud of a father he is.”

“I’m just not sure right now.” Cosmo silently whispered to herself as the new thought started to plague her mind.

At this point, Amy returned from her little phone call to check up on how things were going. “So, how are things going now?” She asked.

“Not good! I’m not familiar with her type of hair, so it’s difficult for me to design it properly and so that I can start to bring out her true beauty.” Bunnie admitted.

“But Tails says that I’m already beautiful.” Cosmo pointed out.

“Yes, sug, that is all well and good, but I’m talking about bringing out the beauty inside you. Many only see the beauty on the outside, and it attracts the men so easily. However, the beauty on the inside will show the one you are meant to be with how precious you are to him. He will see you as the most beautiful thing in the world and want nothing else if I can pull this off. It is my dream to bring out the true beauty in women through magnificent makeovers, and I’ll do whatever I can to make that dream come true. Do you understand how important that is to me?”

Cosmo was shocked at this. Hearing such a heart-filled testimony, she smiled and nodded at her. Cosmo then turned around and let the half-rabbit, half-robot get back to working on her.

Meanwhile, Tails had found some clothes in his closet that would be appropriate enough for his date. It was the exact same suit he wore when he was reunited with the girl he loved. It was a surprise it could still fit him. However, he never wore it again after that and it had collected a good amount of dust. So, in order for him to be ready for his date, he had to clean it.

He checked the tag on the neck collar and noticed that it said, “Dry Clean Only” in big bold letters. He sighed, knowing that most places that did that took at least a day to do the job. He thought carefully about how to solve his current problem. Quickest route was to buy a new suit, but that required a lot of money, probably more than he could currently afford. Cleaning it himself would be a terrible move, as it would ruin the suit anyways. He then thought about asking one of his friends to borrow a suit, but none of them had anything that fit him. He sighed in defeat, feeling that he would have to cancel the date Amy had planned for him and Cosmo, which he was actually looking forward to.

Suddenly, he remembered a place he could go to that would get it cleaned in time. Taking the suit with him, Tails headed to his plane that was right outside, jumped in and took off towards his destination.

Meanwhile, Bunnie sighed in mild frustration as another method failed. She had tried a total of three by now and was getting nowhere fast. If this continued, she knew her customer would look like a mess after everything being done.

She carefully studied the hair and turned to Amy. “Would you mind telling me exactly what she is, Sugar Girl? It might help me.” She questioned.

Amy sighed. She feared the question would come up. “In all truth, she’s an alien from outer space. Tails basically met her when she crash landed in a space pod on our planet.”

“Well that would explain why I’m so unfamiliar with her hair.”

“Do you think you can still pull it off?”

“I believe I can. It’s just going to take something a little more advanced and some hard work. I’ll be back in a minute with the stuff I’ll need.” She said, leaving Cosmo to wonder what the half rabbit, half robot had in mind.

Bunnie went into the backroom of the salon and grabbed a large chest, picking it up. “I haven’t used this stuff in a while. Last time I used it was on Sally.” She muttered to herself as she headed back to her patient.

Meanwhile, Tails had landed at his destination. He jumped out of the plane with his suit and looked up at the sign that read, “Big’s Quick Dry Cleaning”, wondering just how fast they really were. He quickly ran inside, hoping to get it done in time. A small bell rang as he entered, indicating to the owner that a customer had arrived. Tails ran up to the person at the reception desk, who had his or her back turned to him.

“Excuse me, could you help me? This is kind of an emergency!” He announced.

The one at the desk turned around, and Tails was pretty surprised by who was standing there. It was a gluttonous dark blue cat that was wearing a pair of brown trousers.

“Is that you, Big?” Tails asked.

“Hi, Tails!” He greeted.

“You work here?”

“Yes! Fishing wasn’t going so well for me, so I decided to open a Dry Cleaning Business.”

“Where’d you get the money for that sort of thing?”

“I was lucky enough to find three very rare jewels and sold them to the highest bidder online. I was able to get one hundred thousand dollars out of it. Which was more than enough to set up this place.”

“Wow! That’s pretty lucky!” Tails said, rather impressed. He then noticed something. “Hey, isn’t your frog usually with you?”

As if on cue, a green frog jumped on top of Big’s head and let out croaked.

“Oh!” Tails said. He then decided to get down to business. “Listen Big, I have a huge favor to ask you.”

“What is it?”

The two tailed fox put the suit he was holding onto the desk. “I need you to dry clean this suit as quick as you can. How soon will you have it ready?”

Big took the suit and examined it. “About an hour. Two at most.” He concluded.

“Perfect! I’ll be back by then.” Tails said and left with a bye as Big got to work on the suit.

Meanwhile, Bunnie was finally figuring out how to work the hair of Cosmo’s species. When she finally figured it out, she was able to style Cosmo’s hair in just the right way to make her inner beauty and outer beauty match. With the hair out of the way, she started working on the other parts of Cosmo’s body.

She bent down and looked at her face. “Now, for the face.” Bunnie told her.

“What’s wrong with my face?” Cosmo questioned.

“Nothing really, Sug! You’re very beautiful. I can see why Tails fell for you.” Her compliment made Cosmo blush. “However, to make the true beauty come out, it requires just the right amount of makeup. Too much or too little can be a disaster to a woman’s face. In fact, too much can make you so ugly that no male would be attracted to you. So the right amount is very important.” She said as she got to work.

Amy got a little concerned. According to the whole schedule she had planned, things were taking a bit too long. They had one last stop, but with how things were going, they wouldn’t be finished in time for Tails to pick them up. If things were to be done, drastic measures would have to be taken.

Amy walked up to the two females. “Hey girls, I’m going to check on something. I’ll be right back, okay?” She said to them.

“Okay, sugar girl! We’ll be right here!” Bunnie said.

Amy then noticed a look of concern on Cosmo. “Don’t worry, Cosmo. I’ll be back by the time you’re done here.” With that, Amy left to get things back on track.

It was about thirty minutes later and Amy had been running the whole time. She reached a street corner and rested, catching her breath. She was unsure she could make it in time. She wasn’t even half way to the place she had to go to and she was already exhausted. All of the stuff she had so carefully planned at the last minute would go down the drain if she didn’t find a way to hurry.

She looked to her side and noticed something coming towards her at a high speed some distance away. She looked carefully at what was coming closer and noticed that it was a rather familiar blue streak. Knowing only one thing it could possibly be, she got an idea.

“Sonic! I need your help!” She yelled at him.

Hearing her cry, the blue hero came to a literal screeching halt some distance away from her, turned around and stopped in front of her.

“Hey, Ames! What’s up?” He asked.

“Listen, Sonic, I need you to get me to the exotic clothing store on the other side of town.”

“What for, Amy?”

“I set up a romantic date for Tails and Cosmo tonight, and if I don’t pick up the dress for Cosmo in time, this whole thing will be ruined!” She cried out in near panic.

“Well, if it’s for those two, I’m more than happy to help.”

“Thanks a lot, Sonic!”

Sonic then picked her up bridal style. “Hang on tight!” He ordered as he sped off towards the next destination on the other side of town.

-------------------

Well, there ya go! Remember, this is unfinished and not everything that was posted will be official. What you see could be edited.

With all that out of the way, I'll see ya later! ^_^

Well Air Dragon, just remember that it is unfinished. So what you see now, may not be the same when it's finally finished. :)

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
Right... I can see where this is going...

Everything’s nice and heart-warming so far (although not all that fantastic but I predict something that a lot of people will like, yet a lot of people won’t like) and even though you say that you many change some things, the grammar and spelling is the one thing you won’t have to change because there aren’t any errors.

DS Expert

Hard Core Poke Fan
The story you've developed so far looks very promising. I like it. Too bad we won't see the rest of the story until September, but take your time though. We want good story that will be worth the wait just like the people making Starcraft 2 said that they will announce and release the game when it's ready. :)

Okay, let's get those reviews out of the way. :)

Brian Powell: Just wait. I've got a nice surprise coming up. One you'll definately have to read to believe. ;)

DS Expert: Yes, better to take my time and do it right then to rush it and have it be really bad and disappointing. :)

Now, for the main purpose of this post.

I may have all the stuff planned and am ready to write it out. However, I am missing one key thing. Despite all the planning, I can't find a song to title the story with that will work with it.

So, I want all of you to help me. :)

Pick a song, and I'll put it up for nomination of which I want to put in. Voting ends on August 25th. By then, I shall carefully pick the one I feel is best to use.

The winner shall recieve a very distinct honor for this fic. The prize I shall only reveal when I finish the chapter.

Best of luck to all. And may the best song win. ^_^

Well, see ya later! B)

Xumahare

Well, I was waiting for this fic for a while, but I can wait longer for it, so the delay is perfectly fine with me, Pokeplayer.

As for songs, well, I can't think of any at the moment. I'll let ya know if I do.

BTW, I'll wait for the real chapter to review it, but I did like the preview.

~X

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
I'll post my suggestion here just in case you didn't get it via PM and also that you won't get any repeated ideas.

I found an ideal title for your next chapter... because I predict what's coming. It's called Show Me Heaven by Maria McKee

There you go
Flashing fever from your eyes
Hey babe, come over here and shut down tight
I'm not denying
We're flying above it all
Hold my hand, don't let me fall
You've such amazing grace
I've never felt this way

Show me heaven
Cover me
Leave me breathless
Show me heaven please

Here I go
I'm shaking just like breeze
Hey babe I need your hand to steady me
I'm not denying
I'm frightened as much as you
Though I'm barely touching you
I've shivers down my spine
And it feels divine

Show me heaven
Cover me
Leave me breathless
Show me heaven please

If you know what it's like
To dream a dream
Baby hold me tight
And let this be your...heaven

Cover me
Leave me breathless
Show me heaven please

Okay guys, there is ONE WEEK LEFT before the nominations close. With the way things are looking, it looks like Brain Powell would win since he's the only entry thus far.

However, I can choose whether or not to accept a song, if I believe it won't work for the chapter.

I'll tell you right now Brian Powell, that I have a really big surprise for everyone with this chapter. It really won't go as you think.

If I don't get an acceptible song by the 25th, this will be the first chapter that is not titled by a song. Please send one before the deadline.

Thanks in advance. :)

Brian Random

I WAS FROZEN TODAY!!
If you're saying that my prediction will be wrong, suppose I could give you this suggestion...

Beauty and the Beast by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

Just a little change
Small, to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise
Whoa, whoa, oh, whoa-oh

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise
Oh, oh, oh

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

Certain as the sun
(Certain as the sun)
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Last edited:
If you're saying that my prediction will be wrong, suppose I could give you this suggestion...

Beauty and the Beast by Celine Dion & Peabo Bryson

Tale as old as time
True as it can be
Barely even friends
Then somebody bends
Unexpectedly

Just a little change
Small, to say the least
Both a little scared
Neither one prepared
Beauty and the Beast

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
And ever just as sure
As the sun will rise
Whoa, whoa, oh, whoa-oh

Ever just the same
Ever a surprise
Ever as before
Ever just as sure
As the sun will rise
Oh, oh, oh

Tale as old as time
Tune as old as song
Bittersweet and strange
Finding you can change
Learning you were wrong

Certain as the sun
(Certain as the sun)
Rising in the east
Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

Tale as old as time
Song as old as rhyme
Beauty and the Beast

I guess that one would work if I decide to put in a scene that shows off their memories of how they met and got together and everything.

Okay, I'll mark it as a possible entry. If I'm desperate enough for a title, I'll include some flashbacks and go with your title suggestion.

Of course, I've recieved another entry by PM, one that could work if I just change a few things that really won't effect the plot or storyline of the chapter.

Anyways, progress is going well. I'm currently at the part where Tails is picking them up. Let's just say that Tails will have a very nice surprise waiting for him. ;)

Mods, I know double posting is against the rules, but I'm just updating.

Remember everyone, today is the final day for me to recieve your entries. So far, only 2 members have given me possible entries for the fic.

Remember, the one that I feel works the best will be the one I will pick. Also remember that the winner shall recieve a very special honor for this fic. It will only be announced when I post the next chapter on Labor Day.

Good luck to all who enter and I'll see ya later! ^_^

Chapter 12

This is finally it! After all the stuff I had to put you guys up with, here it is.

I shall reveal the winners of "Song Choice" and "Cosmo's New Look" after I post this.

Trust me when I tell you now though, you have NO idea at how this will end. ;)

Here we go!

----------

Chapter 12

Beautiful Soul

The two females soon arrived at a salon in the middle of town. It didn’t look all that big from the inside, maybe only the size of a normal house for four. Cosmo read the large sign on top that read “Bunnie’s Bouquet Salon” and wondered why they were here out of all places. Was Amy up to something that involved Cosmo?

The two walked in and Cosmo was surprised by the fact that she and Amy were the only ones there. The place had enough chairs that could handle twenty customers at once. The floor was light blue, but the tiles refracted off the light so one could clearly see their reflection in them. The walls were a contrast white and had a mirror in front of all the chairs.

Cosmo then saw something unusual. Humming to herself was a full-grown brown furred rabbit that had a left metal arm and legs. She had a purple one-piece upper body skirt that showed off all her curves, even the fully developed C size breasts.

Cosmo was shocked to see someone part robot running the place. Normally, those kinds of creatures would be under the control of their common enemy, which they still strangely hadn’t heard from since he killed Cheese the Chao. Not only that, but Cosmo also knew that Amy would never come to a place that was controlled by Dr. Eggman. So why was someone like that running the salon they were in?

The half-robot, half-rabbit looked up from her work on one of the chairs and noticed the two girls standing there. She smiled when she saw a familiar looking pink hedgehog with a red skirt.

“Well hello there, sugar girl!” She greeted.

“Hi, Bunnie!” Amy greeted back. “It’s been a while!”

“Yeah! So, how’s it going with trying to catch the fastest thing alive?”

Amy giggled. “Still trying, but I’ll get him one day!” She shouted with determination.

“Don’t give up, sugar girl! Just keep trying. You’ll get him one day!”

Amy nodded at her. She then decided to get to the reason why she was here. “Listen Bunnie, I need you to do something for a friend of mine.”

“What is it?” She asked in curiosity. Particularly to which one of the two girls was her next customer.

Amy then went behind the rather shy Cosmo that was also confused by everything going on and pushed her forward by her shoulders. “Amy, what are you doing?” She questioned the hedgehog.

“Just go along with it and I promise that you’ll have the greatest night of your life!” Amy whispered back. The pink hedgehog then turned her attention to Bunnie. “This is my friend, Cosmo. I need you to do a makeover on her for a ‘very special’ date she’s going to have tonight.” She instructed.

Cosmo was shocked to hear what Amy was really planning. In fact, she was speechless.

“Oh? And who’s the guy lucky enough to have such an experience with this girl?” Bunnie asked.

“It’s Tails!” Amy answered, which intrigued the half-rabbit, half-robot.

“You’re setting me up on a special date with Tails?” Cosmo asked in shock.

“More than just a date, Cosmo. Like I told you, play along, and you’ll have the greatest night of your life.” Amy then winked at her and Bunnie got the basic idea of what Amy was planning for the two, but Cosmo was unsure by what she meant by “the greatest night of her life”.

“Understood!” She pledged to her. She then turned her attention to the half-alien, half-plant creature in front of her. “Come with me, little one. We’ve got work to do.” She said.

Taking one last look at Amy, Cosmo reluctantly followed Bunnie to the exact place she would get her makeover. As soon as Bunnie started her work, Amy took out her cell phone and made a call and so that she could implement the next phase of her grand plan.

At this point, Tails was busy working on another of his inventions. He was building something and so that he could be ready when Eggman attacked again. He knew the madman was being far too quiet and would have something big planned. Tails would make sure that his newest invention would be able to deal with whatever it was that was in store for him and his friends.

He was just about to finally test the new invention when his phone started to ring. Hearing this caused him to be shocked enough to accidentally drop the new device out of his hands and roll along the floor. Once it stopped, the invention exploded, and caused a nice mess in his lab.

Tails got up from the rather minor explosion and coughed up some dust. “Well, at least I know it works like it should.” He groaned.

He continued to hear the phone. He walked over to the cordless phone nearby and picked it up. “Hello?”

“Hi Tails, its Amy!” The individual on the other end greeted.

“Hi Amy, what’s up?”

“Uh… are you busy tonight, Tails?”

“Not really, just working on something and so that we can be ready for whenever Eggman strikes again.”

“Well drop that project of yours because you have a date tonight!” Amy announced.

“What? With who?” He asked, being rather shocked.

“Who else? Cosmo!”

“Oh! Well that’s okay, then.” He said, feeling rather relieved.

Amy smiled at how well her plan was working. She knew that Tails would drop everything to go on a date with the girl he loved. In fact, since that special kiss on Christmas Day, the two had been dating three times a week on average. Some would say that their relationship was moving too fast, but they were pretty innocent with one another. Only going into passionate kissing if anything. No further than that really.

“Now, let me explain, okay? You will be taking her out tonight because of something special that happened to her. So while me and her were shopping for all this, I made a little call and got you two reservations at the ‘Grand Mystic Café and Resort’ at the heart of Mystic Ruins.”

Tails was very shocked to hear where Amy had planned him to take Cosmo. It took him a minute to get over the shock enough to say something. “Isn’t that the most expensive restaurant and hotel on the planet? I hear they charge you a hundred dollars just to walk in!”

“Yes, and no, it’s a thousand dollars.”

This time Tails was so shocked that he not only couldn’t speak, he had also dropped the phone.

“Tails? Tails, you okay?” Amy asked in worry and concern.

Tails got over the shock and quickly picked up the phone. “How do you expect me to afford something like that?” He yelled frantically.

“Don’t worry, I’ll pay for every cent of it. After all, I am a multi-billionaire.” She told him.

Tails sighed. “Well that’s a relief! I was worried that I was going to be in such a deep debt that I’d have to win several lotteries to pay it off. Either that or work somewhere for the rest of my life, pulling late hours, overtime and everything.”

“Good! Now, you’ll be picking her up at six o’ clock, because you have dinner reservations at seven, which is when the restaurant opens. Make sure to wear your fanciest suit possible, as this is a rich person’s place we are talking about. Also, you won’t be heading back to your homes until tomorrow. You and Cosmo will be sleeping in the same room, right next to the one I’ll be staying at.” She instructed him.

“You’re coming too?” He questioned her in a surprised tone.

“Well, someone has to pay for it all, and I want to make sure that the date goes as planned.” She retorted.

“Oh, right! Okay!”

“So we’ll see ya tonight at six?”

“Yeah, I’ll see you two then.”

“Great, bye!” She said as she hung up.

Tails wasn’t able to return the bye before she hung up. He set the phone down on the receiver and sighed heavily. He could hardly believe what was happening. He never set both him and Cosmo up for a romantic date. It was more of a normal friendship date thing, like going to the movies, a walk in the park or something along those lines. There were a few times Cosmo had slept over. Even nights where his beloved had fallen asleep in his arms while they were watching a movie. They were wonderful fantasies he once had that were coming true day by day. He had heard stories of what could happen during the more romantic date sort of things. A part of him hoped things didn’t get out of hand. Looking at the wall clock in his lab, it reading a bit past noon, he decided to start finding things to get ready for his big date with the girl he loved.

Meanwhile, Cosmo was just about to get her hair worked on.

“Uh, please avoid the flowers, they’re rather important to my species.” Cosmo cautioned her.

“Don’t worry, Sug! I’ll be gentle near them.” Bunnie responded sincerely to her plea and started to style the hair.

Bunnie decided to get into a little conversation with the young alien girl as she did see that her customer was nervous. “So, how long have you known little Tails?” She asked.

“Well, we’ve known eachother for about two and a half years, I think.” She answered.

“Really? And how long have you two been boyfriend/girlfriend material?”

“Um… Well it’s been about a year now since we started dating.”

“Wow, a whole year with that cutie? Have you two been in any romantic moments?”

“Aside from deep kissing, not really.”

“Has he given you many gifts?”

“A hand-made necklace, some scented paper flowers, a few boxes of chocolates, not much else. Though the first Christmas I spent with him, he did make me something else.”

“What was it?”

“Um… it’s called an Extreme Gear, do you know what that is?”

“Isn’t that one of those vehicles that’s like a skateboard without wheels?”

“Yep! I wanted one since our little adventure on another planet. I was so happy when he made one of those just for me.”

“If you ask me, you two sound like quite the couple. Can’t wait for the day you two get married.” Bunnie giggled with a smile on her face.

Cosmo started to blush when she heard what she was starting to see as her newest friend tell her that. She still found it hard to believe they were boyfriend/girlfriend material, and going further was something she had hardly thought about. During the little talk she recently had with Vanilla, she learned that marriage was more than just confirming a deep love and trust relationship between two friends. Being husband and wife meant a life-long commitment. It was more than just wanting to start a family as well. Marriage meant caring about the wonderful things that are likely to come with it. It meant that your new and yet to develop fully family came first above all others. It was something that was a serious decision and not to be taken lightly.

Cosmo could only think of one thing to say to this. “I’ve never really thought of me and Tails as marriage material.”

“Well, I think you two are meant for each other, sug! I just know the day will come when I see Tails happily holding your future child in his hands and thinking how proud of a father he is.”

“I’m just not sure right now.” Cosmo silently whispered to herself as the new thought started to plague her mind.

At this point, Amy returned from her little phone call to check up on how things were going. “So, how are things going now?” She asked.

“Not good! I’m not familiar with her type of hair, so it’s difficult for me to design it properly and so that I can start to bring out her true beauty.” Bunnie admitted.

“But Tails says that I’m already beautiful.” Cosmo pointed out.

“Yes, sug, that is all well and good, but I’m talking about bringing out the beauty inside you. Many only see the beauty on the outside, and it attracts the men so easily. However, the beauty on the inside will show the one you are meant to be with how precious you are to him. He will see you as the most beautiful thing in the world and want nothing else if I can pull this off. It is my dream to bring out the true beauty in women through magnificent makeovers, and I’ll do whatever I can to make that dream come true. Do you understand how important that is to me?”

Cosmo was shocked at this. Hearing such a heart-filled testimony, she smiled and nodded at her. Cosmo then turned around and let the half-rabbit, half-robot get back to working on her.

Meanwhile, Tails had found some clothes in his closet that would be appropriate enough for his date. It was the exact same suit he wore when he was reunited with the girl he loved. It was a surprise it could still fit him. However, he never wore it again after that and it had collected a good amount of dust. So, in order for him to be ready for his date, he had to clean it.

He checked the tag on the neck collar and noticed that it said, “Dry Clean Only” in big bold letters. He sighed, knowing that most places that did that took at least a day to do the job. He thought carefully about how to solve his current problem. Quickest route was to buy a new suit, but that required a lot of money, probably more than he could currently afford. Cleaning it himself would be a terrible move, as it would ruin the suit anyways. He then thought about asking one of his friends to borrow a suit, but none of them had anything that fit him. He sighed in defeat, feeling that he would have to cancel the date Amy had planned for him and Cosmo, which he was actually looking forward to.

Suddenly, he remembered a place he could go to that would get it cleaned in time. Taking the suit with him, Tails headed to his plane that was right outside, jumped in and took off towards his destination.

Meanwhile, Bunnie sighed in mild frustration as another method failed. She had tried a total of three by now and was getting nowhere fast. If this continued, she knew her customer would look like a mess after everything being done.

She carefully studied the hair and turned to Amy. “Would you mind telling me exactly what she is, Sugar Girl? It might help me.” She questioned.

Amy sighed. She feared the question would come up. “In all truth, she’s an alien from outer space. Tails basically met her when she crash landed in a space pod on our planet.”

“Well that would explain why I’m so unfamiliar with her hair.”

“Do you think you can still pull it off?”

“I believe I can. It’s just going to take something a little more advanced and some hard work. I’ll be back in a minute with the stuff I’ll need.” She said, leaving Cosmo to wonder what the half rabbit, half robot had in mind.

Bunnie went into the backroom of the salon and grabbed a large chest, picking it up. “I haven’t used this stuff in a while. Last time I used it was on Sally.” She muttered to herself as she headed back to her patient.

Meanwhile, Tails had landed at his destination. He jumped out of the plane with his suit and looked up at the sign that read, “Big’s Quick Dry Cleaning”, wondering just how fast they really were. He quickly ran inside, hoping to get it done in time. A small bell rang as he entered, indicating to the owner that a customer had arrived. Tails ran up to the person at the reception desk, who had his or her back turned to him.

“Excuse me, could you help me? This is kind of an emergency!” He announced.

The one at the desk turned around, and Tails was pretty surprised by who was standing there. It was a gluttonous dark blue cat that was wearing a pair of brown trousers.

“Is that you, Big?” Tails asked.

“Hi, Tails!” He greeted.

“You work here?”

“Yes! Fishing wasn’t going so well for me, so I decided to open a Dry Cleaning Business.”

“Where’d you get the money for that sort of thing?”

“I was lucky enough to find three very rare jewels and sold them to the highest bidder online. I was able to get one hundred thousand dollars out of it. Which was more than enough to set up this place.”

“Wow! That’s pretty lucky!” Tails said, rather impressed. He then noticed something. “Hey, isn’t your frog usually with you?”

As if on cue, a green frog jumped on top of Big’s head and let out a croak.

“Oh!” Tails said. He then decided to get down to business. “Listen Big, I have a huge favor to ask you.”

“What is it?”

The two tailed fox put the suit he was holding onto the desk. “I need you to dry clean this suit as quick as you can. How soon will you have it ready?”

Big took the suit and examined it. “About an hour. Two at most.” He concluded.

“Perfect! I’ll be back by then.” Tails said and left with a bye as Big got to work on the suit.

Meanwhile, Bunnie was finally figuring out how to work the hair of Cosmo’s species. When she finally figured it out, she was able to style Cosmo’s hair in just the right way to make her inner beauty and outer beauty match. With the hair out of the way, she started working on the other parts of Cosmo’s body.

She bent down and looked at her face. “Now, for the face.” Bunnie told her.

“What’s wrong with my face?” Cosmo questioned.

“Nothing really, Sug! You’re very beautiful. I can see why Tails fell for you.” Her compliment made Cosmo blush. “However, to make the true beauty come out, it requires just the right amount of makeup. Too much or too little can be a disaster to a woman’s face. In fact, too much can make you so ugly that no male would be attracted to you. So the right amount is very important.” She said as she got to work.

Amy got a little concerned. According to the whole schedule she had planned, things were taking a bit too long. They had one last stop, but with how things were going, they wouldn’t be finished in time for Tails to pick them up. If things were to be done, drastic measures would have to be taken.

Amy walked up to the two females. “Hey girls, I’m going to check on something. I’ll be right back, okay?” She said to them.

“Okay, sugar girl! We’ll be right here!” Bunnie said.

Amy then noticed a look of concern on Cosmo. “Don’t worry, Cosmo. I’ll be back by the time you’re done here.” With that, Amy left to get things back on track.

It was about thirty minutes later and Amy had been running the whole time. She reached a street corner and rested, catching her breath. She was unsure she could make it in time. She wasn’t even half way to the place she had to go to and she was already exhausted. All of the stuff she had so carefully planned at the last minute would go down the drain if she didn’t find a way to hurry.

She looked to her side and noticed something coming towards her at a high speed some distance away. She looked carefully at what was coming closer and noticed that it was a rather familiar blue streak. Knowing only one thing it could possibly be, she got an idea.

“Sonic! I need your help!” She yelled at him.

Hearing her cry, the blue hero came to a literal screeching halt some distance away from her, turned around and stopped in front of her.

“Hey, Ames! What’s up?” He asked.

“Listen, Sonic, I need you to get me to the exotic clothing store on the other side of town.”

“What for, Amy?”

“I set up a romantic date for Tails and Cosmo tonight, and if I don’t pick up the dress for Cosmo in time, this whole thing will be ruined!” She cried out in near panic.

“Well, if it’s for those two, I’m more than happy to help.”

Amy felt a huge wave of relief when the blue blur agreed. “Thanks a lot, Sonic!”

Sonic then picked her up bridal style. “Hang on tight!” He ordered as he sped off towards the next destination on the other side of town.

Meanwhile, Tails had returned back to his house to start getting ready. There was plenty he could do within the two-hour time span before picking up the suit. One thing he decided to do was really surprise Cosmo with some of the most beautiful artificial roses he could buy. He knew those kinds of flowers to be expensive, but worth it for what he guessed would be his best date yet.

He grabbed the phone book and searched it. He soon found one labeled “Fiona’s Exotic Flowers” in big bold letters and in fine print said, “Real and Artificial Flowers sold at the lowest prices.” He dialed the number below and waited patiently for someone to answer.

“Hello, Fiona’s Exotic Flowers, Fiona speaking.” The voice on the other side said.

“Hello, do you do special orders?” Tails questioned.

“Yes, we actually do!”

“Okay! I want you to get a dozen of the most beautiful scented artificial flowers you’ve got!”

“All right!”

“Also, I would like you to put a message onto a card with that bouquet.”

“And what will the message say?”

“Hmm.” Tails thought about this for a second. “How about, ‘To Cosmo, with all my love for the most beautiful of all flowers.’ Okay?”

“Got it!”

“How soon can you have it ready?”

“It’ll all be done by 5 ‘o clock tonight.”

“Perfect! I’ll be there to pick them up by then! Bye!” Tails then hung up the phone.

He looked up at the clock and noticed that he had a little bit of time to spare before picking up his suit. He then looked at himself and noticed that he was still very dirty from the earlier explosion he got himself into.

“Guess I’d better get myself washed up before I pick up my suit.” He said as he went upstairs to take a shower.

Meanwhile, Sonic and Amy finally arrived at the exotic clothing store that was on the other side of town. Thanks to Sonic’s amazing speed, it only took them a few minutes to arrive. Sonic gently had Amy step down from his arms. She immediately ran into the store. She reappeared a few minutes later with the new dress, which was covered with a paper cloth to keep it as a surprise to Cosmo. Sonic picked Amy up again and sped back towards the salon where Cosmo was still getting her makeover.

Meanwhile, Bunnie had just finished putting on the necessary amount of makeup needed. “There we go!” She said.

“Wow! I can’t believe I only needed some lipstick and some eye shadow. I really thought you would end up using some of that mascara or at least some blush.”

“Well, life is full of surprises!” She said as she put the makeup away. “Now we just need to use the right nail-polish, and you’ll be done!”

At that point, Amy had returned. “I’m back!” She said.

She took one look at Cosmo and was completely blown away. She felt a feeling similar to that of love, but it was really lust. It wasn’t exactly the same she felt as Sonic, but in the strangest of ways, she felt somewhat sexually attracted to Cosmo.

“Is that you, Cosmo?” She asked in disbelief.

“You like what you see, Sugar Girl?” Bunnie questioned.

“I actually feel like I’m in love with her! If I weren’t going for Sonic and was actually a lesbian, I’d probably want to have a sexual relationship with her! Seriously, I’m quite envious of the way you look, Cosmo!”

Cosmo looked away from her friend and blushed. “Thank you, Amy!” She said. She decided to change the subject. “So, what do you have there, Amy?” She pointed to the thing Amy was holding.

“Oh, this is the dress I got you for your date tonight!”

“Couldn’t you have used one at my house?”

“Perhaps, but I want your date with Tails to be perfect! Besides, I already went through a lot to get it, so we may as well get our money’s worth!”

At this point, Bunnie spoke up. “All done!” She said.

Cosmo looked at her nails and was shocked by the chosen color. It was a shade of green that was only slightly lighter than her hair. She absolutely loved it. With that complete, there was only one thing left to do.

“Okay Cosmo, head to the back and put this on!” Amy instructed her. Cosmo did so and headed to the back. ‘There is no way Tails will resist her tonight!’ Amy thought to herself.

Meanwhile, Tails had finished taking his shower and put on some clean gloves and a pair of socks. He then strapped on his sneakers and headed out the door. He boarded his plane and took off. He soon arrived at “Big’s Quick Dry Cleaning” and went inside. He quickly picked up his freshly pressed and cleaned suit and headed back to his plane. He then looked at his wristwatch and noticed that it was nearly time to pick up the special order of flowers. He immediately got in his plane and headed for the flower store.

He arrived in only a few minutes and looked at the sign that was written in a cursive style that said, “Fiona’s Exotic Flowers”. As he looked at the name, there seemed to be something familiar about it that he couldn’t quite place his finger on. He wasn’t too sure what it was, but he could’ve sworn that he knew that name from somewhere. He went inside to get the flowers he had ordered.

Once he entered, he was amazed by what he saw. There was a wide range of the most spectacular looking flowers around. Many of the plants he was quite familiar with, but there were a few that looked a little unusual to him. He looked at the tag of one plant that he was unfamiliar with that said “orchid”. The plant almost looked alien to all the others, yet looked rather beautiful to him. In the strangest of ways, it seemed to remind him of how Cosmo is.

A female fox that looked to be slightly older than him walked up to him. “Can I help you?” She asked.

He turned towards the voice and was surprised to see who it was. “Fiona?”

“Hi Tails, long time no see!” She greeted.

“Yeah! Ever since that time you betrayed Eggman years ago, I’ve been wondering what’s happened to you.”

“Well, it’s a rather long story.”

“It’s no surprise that you haven’t changed with the fact that you are actually a robot that only looks like a female teenage fox.”

“Strange how everything worked out though, huh?”

“Yeah!” Tails then decided to get to the reason he was at the flower shop. “Anyways, I’m here to pick up the order I made for my girlfriend, Cosmo.”

“Oh! I thought I recognized the one that was speaking when I answered the phone. I’ll be right back with your order.” She said as she headed to the back.

As Fiona went to get the flowers Tails had ordered, the two-tailed fox turned his attention back to the orchid. He then looked around the shop and noticed that it was the only one of its species in the entire store. At that point, Fiona had returned with Tails’ order.

“Here you go!” She said as she handed Tails the bouquet of artificial flowers.

Tails looked at them and saw that all of them were crafted like long stem roses. However, each was of a different color. Even though some were only a slightly brighter shade then another, the colors were all different from one another. Another interesting fact was that they were decorated with silver-colored glitter that made them shine magnificently in the light and reflect off all the colors of the rainbow.

“Thank you!” Tails then decided to make a little decision. “By the way, could I have that plant over there as well?” He asked, pointing to the orchid.

Fiona looked over at the plant he was pointing at and smiled. She then walked over to it and picked it up.

She then turned her attention to Tails. “I’ve been taking care of this delicate flower for some time now. These flowers are very different from other flowers. They require very special care.”

Tails nodded to her in understanding. “I’ll make sure it’s taken special care of.” He said as he took the plant from her.

After that, Tails paid for both his order and the orchid, which he found to be a bit more than he thought it would. He then thanked Fiona again and left the store.

He soon arrived back home and got himself dressed. He looked at himself in the mirror while adjusting his red bow tie. As he did so, he thought back to the day that his love returned to him. It was strange how the very suit that he was now wearing for his first real date with Cosmo was the exact same one he wore when they met again. It seemed to almost be like something out of a fairy tale of some kind. Cream had set up something unexpected for him that day, and now Amy was doing the same. He could hardly figure out what the lovesick female hedgehog was up to, but he just shrugged inwardly and decided to see what was going to happen. As soon as he was done, he grabbed the flowers he ordered and the orchid he purchased, left his house, jumped in his plane and headed to where the girls were waiting for him.

Meanwhile, Cosmo was busy putting on the new dress Amy had gotten her. She had to admit that it was a little tight, but a part of her felt that it was the way she was supposed to look. She soon got out and walked up to Amy and Bunnie, who were waiting for her. Amy just looked at her with stunned eyes.

“Well, how do I look?” Cosmo asked.

“Darling, any more beautiful, and I think you’d kill poor Tails.”

“Yes!” Amy screamed, knowing that’s exactly the kind of look she was aiming for with Cosmo’s makeover.

The girls then started to have a tiny celebration before Tails arrived for the big date.

It was soon six o’ clock and Cosmo and Amy had arrived at Cream’s house by then. They were patiently waiting for Tails to arrive. He was late, but they were sure he would arrive soon. At this point, Cream walked into the living room and spotted Cosmo in her brand new dress.

“Cosmo?” Cream questioned, making sure it was her.

Cosmo turned to the young rabbit. “Hi, Cream!” Cosmo greeted.

“Wow! You look wonderful, Cosmo!” Cream complimented.

“Thank you, Cream!” She blushed. “I’m going on a special date with Tails tonight.”

“Are you sure you should be going out? I mean, with what happened this morning –“

“Don’t worry, she’s fine!” Amy said, who was in a sparkling ruby red one-piece dress that showed off all her curves.

Cream looked at Amy in surprise. “Do you have a date too?” Cream asked, noticing she was dressed up as well.

“No. Where they’re going is very expensive, and I’m going to make sure that it’s paid for. Plus, I’m going to keep an eye on them.”

“Oh!”

“So, what are your plans for tonight, Cream?” Amy asked, trying to change the subject.

“I’m going to make a surprise dinner just for Bokkun and me, and then we’ll watch a romantic movie together.”

“So basically you’re having a date at home?” Amy summed it up.

Cream nodded with a blush on her face. “Mama and Vector are going out to dinner themselves, so I thought it would be the perfect night for us to have a date of our own.” She then whispered the next sentence to Amy. “Don’t tell anyone, but Vector is a little nervous about asking Mama to marry him. He’s hoping to have the courage to ask her tonight.” She then turned around and happily skipped into the kitchen to make the special meal she had planned.

‘Wow, love sure is in the air tonight!’ Amy thought to herself in shock, ‘and here I am spending my time giving a boost to my friends when I could be planning the perfect night for me and Sonic instead!’ Amy sighed and at that point, the doorbell rang. ‘Oh! That must be Tails.’

“Okay, ready Cosmo?” Amy asked and Cosmo gave her a nervous nod as she stood in front of the door.

Amy opened the door to reveal Tails standing there with flowers in his arms. “Hi Cosmo, I’m here to…” Tails had stopped himself mid-sentence when he looked at Cosmo.

The sight Tails saw before him could hardly be described by his own words. To say that Cosmo was looking drop dead gorgeous to him would be a really big understatement. Whoever gave her a makeover seemed to know what they were doing, for it seemed that the pure beauty radiated off her and into the air around her only increasing her beauty. The only things she had on were lipstick, eye-shadow and a one piece black dress that showed off every curve in her body. As he looked upon the indescribable beauty in front of him, his heart started to beat at a rate that would normally be considered impossible for one his age, even if he was running.

“Hello, Tails!” Cosmo greeted with a bright smile that only made her look even more beautiful to Tails, if that was possible.

Her voice seemed to knock him back to his senses just enough to speak properly to her. “Hi, Cosmo!” He then handed the bouquet of flowers to her. “Um, these are for you!”

“Oh, thank you!” She said. She then smelled the scent the artificial flowers were sprayed with, which made them smell like natural roses. “They’re lovely, Tails!”

“Oh, and I got you this, too.” He said, presenting the orchid.

Cosmo took it and looked at the strange potted plant in confused curiosity.

“What is it?” Amy asked.

“The owner where I got it said that it’s called an ‘orchid’. She said it was a very special plant that had special needs. When I looked at it, it seemed to remind me of you, Cosmo, and I decided to get it for you. I know you’ll be able to take care of it.” Tails explained.

Cosmo smiled at him in understanding. “I promise I’ll take very good care of this. I’ll put these gifts up in my room and we can go!” She said as she headed back upstairs.

Amy turned to Tails. “So, decided to get her a special gift, huh?” She said with a hint of jealousy, wishing a certain blue hedgehog would do that for her.

“Yeah!” He then whispered the next part to Amy in nervousness. “I have another gift for her, but I plan to give it later tonight after our dinner tonight as a surprise.”

“Don’t worry, I won’t tell!” She whispered with a wink while at the same time trying to figure out the other gift Tails was going to give Cosmo.

It didn’t take Cosmo too long to come back downstairs and the trio left for the big date.

Meanwhile near the heart of Mystic Ruins, a lone being suddenly appeared in a flash of light. The black hedgehog was panting heavily, his white furred chest expanding and deflating as he did so. The hedgehog soon caught his breath and looked around the area he was in as his back blue quills swayed in the wind.

“That was too close! I had nearly been destroyed by that trio of hedgehogs!” He said, recalling the event. “By going back in time, I can correct my own mistakes.” He looked once again upon the bright city. “My plan will now be to destroy both Sonic and Shadow as my past self combines with Iblis. In doing so, everything will come to fruition in time. There’s only one thing that needs to be done to make the plan succeed.” He then searched the vast city, looking for a victim to the crime he was about to commit. “If I can insert a bit of myself into another, the plan shall truly be unstoppable.” He continued his search until he spotted a young maiden that he identified to be part plant by the red roses in her hair. “Ah yes! The true ancestor of Blaze! Her bloodline eventually leads to the birth of Blaze. Blaze is the one that will stop the plan in the future, but if she doesn’t exist to do so, then the plan will be even better. According to the data banks of the future that I acquired, that maiden is to be impregnated tonight by her lover. After that, it would seal their fate and thus in a number of months they would have children to care for, but I’ll make sure it doesn’t happen. Once I seal what I need to inside her, it will kill her the moment me and my past self combine with Iblis. With her dead, I, Mephelis the Dark shall truly be unstoppable!” He then laughed evilly and went forth to put his plan into action.

At this point, the trio were headed to the restaurant that was known as ‘Grand Mystic Café and Resort’, which was currently lined up with people waiting to for it to open. It was indeed only less than thirty minutes before the doors opened and they could be seated.

As they waited, Amy was having a peculiar thought of abandoning her friends and finding a way to spend the night with Sonic. However, she couldn’t leave them to pay for the multi-million dollar bill that was bound to come with this date. It would mean them having to work for the place for quite some time and she knew she couldn’t do that.

Tails was having a difficult time keeping his thoughts under control. The vast beauty of his lover was driving his senses wild and causing some rather uncomfortable feelings for him, especially in one particular area that he knew he had to control or face severe embarrassment, especially with the fact that he wasn’t wearing any pants to help keep it hidden. Another thought was that things might possibly go too far tonight. Could he really see it through if that happened? He only hoped that things wouldn’t turn out that way.

Cosmo was still trying to figure out the plan that Amy had for her and Tails. It seemed that there was something more to it than just this date. She really couldn’t figure it out even if she tried. However, her gaze turned to Amy and she noticed that the pink hedgehog was in deep thought about something. She decided to see what the problem was and so that she could help her friend.

“You okay, Amy?” Cosmo questioned.

Amy started to panic. “Of course! Why wouldn’t I be? It’s not like I would want to be somewhere else right now!” She babbled quickly.

Cosmo smiled at her. “You’re not okay, are you? Please tell me the truth.”

Amy sighed in defeat, knowing there was no way to hide it. “Okay! I’ve been noticing that love seems to be particularly in the air tonight and…” She trailed off.

“You want to be with Sonic now.” Cosmo finished for her.

“Yeah, but I don’t want to leave you with the bill. It would mean you two working here for a long time, and I couldn’t live with that!”

“Then we’ll cancel the reservations and do something else. Tails and I don’t need this to have a romantic night together.”

Amy gave a weak smile at her friend she had come to love so much and accept as a sister herself. “You’re right! I don’t know what I was thinking with all this. I guess I’m a little jealous of the relationship you have with Tails. I’d be lucky to have such a thing with Sonic.” She closed her eyes for a minute and then reopened them, having come to a decision. “All right! I’ll cancel this whole thing and let you two do what you want while I spend the night with Sonic.”

While Amy took out her cell phone to cancel the reservations they had, Cosmo turned to Tails who seemed to be having thoughts of his own. “Hey, Tails!” She greeted which made the two-tailed fox come out of his thoughts.

“Yeah, Cosmo?” He asked.

“I just talked with Amy and she really wants to be with Sonic. So, she decided to cancel the reservations and let us spend the night how we want together.”

“But Cosmo, everything was planned and…”

“We don’t need this to have a good time, Tails.” She interrupted. “All I want tonight is to spend time with you.” She then let out a little giggle. “Before Amy planned all this, I was just thinking of going over to your house and spending the night. I really didn’t want all this.”

“Really?” He asked, starting to show a grateful smile.

“Yes, Tails.”

‘You just showed me another reason I love you so much, Cosmo. You have no idea what important thing I plan to ask you that will forever change our lives.’ Tails thought to himself.

“Then I’ll see you in court!” Amy yelled at her phone before hanging up with a frustrated groan.

“Everything okay, Amy?” Cosmo asked in concern.

“Yeah, but they had the nerve to still charge me for the walk-in fee when I never even stepped foot into the restaurant. I really don’t feel that to be right, so I’m suing the owner for every penny he’s worth. Of course, I have to make sure to get a judge who can’t be bribed if I want to win and bring forth sweet justice.”

“So I guess that’s it then, huh?” Tails asked.

“Yep! I might as well try to find Sonic now, though I don’t know where I’m going to find him at this time of the day. He could be anywhere!”

Tails then thought for literally a second. “You know, I think he still wears the communicator I gave to him for our adventure through space when we faced the Metarex.”

“He still has that thing?”

“Probably! He never returned it to me.”

“Then that’s where I’ll start! Besides…” She then showed off a small device that was on her wrist. “I still have mine too!” She then started to make her call to Sonic.

While Amy made her call to Sonic, Tails turned to Cosmo. “Come on, let’s go back to my place and have time to ourselves.” He suggested.

“Okay, Tails!” She said cheerfully as she took his hand in hers and walked away from Amy. “Bye, Amy!”

“Bye you two! Have fun!” Amy said as she finished locking on to the location of Sonic.

It was only a split second after that Sonic appeared on the tiny screen on the device. “Yeah?” He questioned.

“Hey, Sonic!” Amy greeted.

“Hi, Ames! What’s up?”

“Well, we just canceled the reservations we had for tonight.”

“Everything okay?”

“Just that I found out that I wanted to spend the night with you instead of babysitting our favorite couple.”

“Are you asking me out on a date? Because you know what the answer will be, right?”

“No!” She said with a laugh in her voice. “Just spend good old boring fun time. You know?”

“Fun time? Is this the girl that’s been chasing me since the day I can remember?”

“So what do you say, Sonic? Just the two of us tonight? Doing whatever you want?”

Sonic sighed and gave in. “All right, Amy! We’ll do something together tonight. I’ll be there really soon to pick you up, okay?”

“Okay Sonic, I’ll be waiting!” She then turned off the communicator and waited patiently for her love to arrive.

Meanwhile, Tails and Cosmo were walking back to where Tails had parked his plane with Cosmo resting her head on Tails’ shoulder. However, they knew little of the presence that was watching them. A lone figure waited in the shadows for the perfect moment to strike his unsuspecting prey. He waited patiently for the moment when they would pass by the dark alley to make his move.

The moment soon came and he used his powers to teleport and appear right in front of them. The couple was shocked to see what sort of looked like a dark purple hedgehog. However, the fur was strangely ruffled and made him look like no ordinary hedgehog. He then powered up a small black ball and launched it right at Tails, knocking him away from Cosmo and skidding to a stop on the hard pavement, lying motionless on the ground.

Cosmo gasped in horror at seeing her lover get knocked away like that. However, the split second later that she turned around was her final vision as the strange looking hedgehog then plunged his hand right into her chest. No blood had flowed out of Cosmo as the hand had actually phased right through her skin and was now resting near her heart. There was then a quick flash of black light that emitted from the hand inside Cosmo’s chest and her body became limp as the gift of life disappeared from her. Satisfied with the results, the hedgehog removed his hand and threw the body to the ground. He then laughed evilly and vanished.

It wasn’t long after that Tails woke, rubbing his bruised head. He then turned and was shocked to find his lover lying motionless next to him. “Cosmo?” He partially shouted while gently shaking her. There was no response. He immediately checked her vital signs. He couldn’t find a pulse and she wasn’t breathing either. He touched her hand and immediately moved it away as he felt it to be slightly cold. The final change of her body was that the red roses in her hair started to rot and become a dark black. It was then that he realized that she was dead.

“No!” He sobbed in fearful sorrow. It was then that he emitted the most pain-induced scream he could into the heavens.

Unknown to him though, a very weak black hole suddenly appeared it the sky. It stayed for only a few seconds before disappearing without a trace.

---End Chapter 12---
-------------

So, did I surprise you? *smiles evilly*

If so, told ya! ;)

So, who won? No one! ^_^

At the last minute when I was about to give up hope for a title and pick Xtra's entry for "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?", I took a break and listened to some music vids on YouTube. I then saw one of my old entries being "Beautiful Soul". I listened to that and found the idea of the song to match what I was doing with Tails and Cosmo for this chapter. So I went with it for that reason.

As for Cosmo's new look, I actually took small bits and pieces of what others gave me and added a few of my own ideas that seemed to pop in as I wrote it.

What was the prize going to be if you won? The exclusive writer of a chapter much later in the story that will be painfully difficult for me to write. Now, with no winner, I have to think of something else for when the time comes.

Anyways, there ya go!

Hope you enjoyed that.

See ya later! ^_^