• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So..Is Global Warming Real? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludiking43

Forever Alone
I don't know who to believe. o_O

*IZ*

My science teacher used to say that ppl that deny it are stupid, but she was pretty crazy.

Anyway, I think there is because of "The Inconvenient Truth" I saw that movie because i was asking myself the same question.

Last edited:

Ludiking43

Forever Alone
My science teacher used to say that ppl that deny it are stupid, but she was pretty crazy.

Anyway, I think there is because of "The Ugly Truth" I saw that movie because i was asking myself the same question.

Whats "The Ugly Truth"? A movie about GW?
PS-LOLZ....Crazy science teacher...

Gelatino95

Not a tool
In my opinion, I just think we're still coming out of our last ice age. Pollution and whatnot may have something to do with it, but not a huge amount. That's just my opinion on the matter, though. I don't really pay attention to all the arguments on the issue.

*IZ*

WTF are you guys talking about? Im talking about the Al Gore movie....

ChedWick

Global warming is real in that its a natural earthen process that is caused by a number of reasons. The most predominant is carbon. Our carbon emissions are outrageous compared to any other time in human history so yea we are a contributing factor too. Again it is a natural process that we can't stop even if we wanted to

SapphireMemories

Michief Maker.
Global warming is real in that its a natural earthen process that is caused by a number of reasons. The most predominant is carbon. Our carbon emissions are outrageous compared to any other time in human history so yea we are a contributing factor too. Again it is a natural process that we can't stop even if we wanted to

This.

And, I hate the term Global Warming as whilst the world in general will warm parts of the world will cool. For example; if Climate Change causes the Greenland ice sheet to melt then it is likely to shut off the Atlantic Gulf Stream and plunge Europe into a mini ice age.

*IZ*

Haha real funny. I got them both mixed up. XD Let me edit it.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
In the late 20th century the Montreal Protocol put in place restrictions on the use of CFCs after it was discovered CFC molecules in the atmosphere had caused a measurable decrease in ozone thickness that correlated with an increased incidence of melanoma at certain latitudes. The 'ozone hole' has now begun reforming after the relatively infinitesimal amounts of CFC being released into the atmosphere were stopped.

The bottom line: the argument that 'global warming alarmists' are arrogant to suggest human emissions could have any effect on the world's atmosphere is bogus.

The thing you have to consider is that essentially ALL of the peer-reviewed, independently-funded science suggests that anthropomorphic climate change is a real thing. There is 'science' that is funded by people with vested interests which comes to dubious conclusions that 'disprove' global warming. This science is published without being reviewed by equally-qualified scientists for validity, and is then quoted in the right-wing editorials of commentators writing for newpapers like those owned by News Ltd.

Don't forget, when literature came up that smoking was causing all sorts of health problems, tobacco companies were very quick to pay off a few corrupt scientists to publish dubious studies that 'disproved' health concerns.

Just food for thought.

Skydra

Sigh. Most of my friends are Republican and think Global Warming is ********.

Here it is:
Climate change does happen naturally, in cycles. So we are not in the same amount of heat as other times in history, and by natural cause the temperature rises, very slowly.

What we call Global Warming is humans speeding up the process dramatically. It began in the Industrial Revolution, and of course not coincidentally; this is when we began outputting all these pollutants. The pollutants add a larger amount to the naturally growing amount of carbon pollutants.

Now here is where they all ask "Why not, it's just speeding up the process." Well, the speed is costly in that it does not allow life to adapt to the conditions as well. This means that the species that can't adapt quick enough go bye-bye. This increases the amount of species that die out as we transfer from one age to another. So climate change is affecting the world considerably. Whether it matters that species die out is due to opinion.

My Republican friends also say that it's made up to make money. There is some truth in that; it makes money, but isn't made up, as I explained. Yes, there are many people/companies who capitalize on it for money. Many people are more likely to buy something that is "green" after all.

Just my OVER 9000!!!! cents.

Of course it's real. And like some people said, it's a natural process. But because of us it goes faster than it would've if we weren't here, causing more species to die because of it.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
it is always happening dudes.

since the earth is form, this happens. we just speed up the process.

Status
Not open for further replies.