• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So..Is Global Warming Real? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
It may still be there, and the attention and has gotten many people to change their ways in favor of the environment, lying to people is not the best way to get their attention. It is a bad way to stir people to the cause of a green Earth, and if people should find out, which they did, it may deter people from the cause and, therefore, plunge us into a deeper state of disorder.

It may still be there, and the attention and has gotten many people to change their ways in favor of the environment, lying to people is not the best way to get their attention. It is a bad way to stir people to the cause of a green Earth, and if people should find out, which they did, it may deter people from the cause and, therefore, plunge us into a deeper state of disorder.

I agree with what your saying, however I understand their thinking, sometimes lying is the only way to really get people to do anything. Regardless of whether or not global warming is real, humans do need to work on how they treat the environment.

Validus

Is the Media version of Global warming real? No, its fabracated to make money on Green products

Is Climate Change real? Yes, and it happens in drastic ways with or without humans. look at the Ice Ages.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Exactly. Nature is continuously changing, and we should be so alarmed. If we are so well aware of the Ice Age, then we should have no problem accepting the fact that our world is changing. We just have to make necessary adjustments to the differences in the climate.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
global warming happens naturally. humans sped it up a whole lot.
and here is something i learned from school

when the average temprature world wide rises 6 degrees we would probably be dead because the last time it dropped 6 degrees the ice age occurred.

global warming happens naturally. humans sped it up a whole lot.
and here is something i learned from school

when the average temprature world wide rises 6 degrees we would probably be dead because the last time it dropped 6 degrees the ice age occurred.

Ah, so you saw 6 degrees, too. Good stuff.

I think people need to get it in their heads that global warming doesn't mean, "oh great, it'll be warmer outside". Rather, it is a large increase of heat energy in the lower atmosphere. And as that energy circulates, storms, droughts, and everything in between happens.

poopoop

SPPF STAFF
Ah, so you saw 6 degrees, too. Good stuff.

I think people need to get it in their heads that global warming doesn't mean, "oh great, it'll be warmer outside". Rather, it is a large increase of heat energy in the lower atmosphere. And as that energy circulates, storms, droughts, and everything in between happens.

yup. and do you know when were gonna get there? because i forgot lol, iirc i think it was 30 years. we're the next great extinction

yup. and do you know when were gonna get there? because i forgot lol, iirc i think it was 30 years. we're the next great extinction

By the end of the century, I think.

I'm a strong proponent of the Gaia theory, though. If we ruin the earth and drive ourselves to extinction, the Earth will eventually recover, just not in a form on which humans could find inhabitable.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I do not believe that documentary, for the sole reason that I am of religious background and understand that humans will not go extinct, and we are meant to survive until the Judgment Day, when Jesus will return to Earth to take the righteous to Heaven.

But I'm sure those non-Christians wouldn't believe any of what I just said and find it a load of crap :p

While you're free to adhere to your religion, climate change is a real global problem and unfortunately the answer won't just be found in a religious text. And it won't go away just because we choose not to believe in it, either.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
I never said I don't believe in the changing of the climate. You are twisting my words. I said I don't believe in these changes causing the extinction of mankind. I also said these changes were exaggerated and are most likely not happening at the rate we assume. As long as people continue to do what they can to protect us from the changes, I will be satisfied.

Fair enough, but I suppose the exaggeration is meant to capture peoples' attention, otherwise the generally short-sighted public would be apathetic toward the issue. And with so many countries not meeting their Kyoto targets, a bit of controversy wouldn't be unwelcome.

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Quite true. I don't disagree that exaggeration is useful to bring people's attention to the changes, but it was so dramatically proclaimed,; it now has a foothold in pop culture and unfortunately, had influence on the way people react. They see it as though their ways of life may come to an end, so they do what they can to preserve their own selfish ways. People are saving the Earth for their own benefit, not for the Earth itself.

Hey, well, people tend to look out for themselves by instinct, and if they're saving the Earth for selfish motives, at least that's a start. I'd rather have them doing that than to continue driving their multiple Hummers.

What do you think about carbon offsets? IMO it's just a way for the aforementioned selfish people to clear their conscience by paying people to be environmentally friendly for them, and sometimes they don't even work (just ask Coldplay and their forest).

Manafi's Dream

フェアリータイプタイム
Frankly, I feel that while it's good to make cutbacks, some of these people who are reluctant to give up their eccentricities, like the Hummers who guzzle gas like there's no tomorrow, are not getting on board with the cause, and are instead preserving their way of life, while everyone else has to make the changes. They make cutbacks in other areas that may be more important to public life, as opposed to those monstrous cars.

But that will always be the nature of the rich. They do it because they can afford it :p

pokemonmaster3.0

Stop laughing...
Global warming might be true, but it really doesn't matter, as when the Ice Age comes in around 10,000 years, everything will be reset. Extictions are natural, though we may be doing some harm with deforestation.

In my opinion, I just think we're still coming out of our last ice age. Pollution and whatnot may have something to do with it, but not a huge amount.

...Wow. I never thought about it that way. And this is a subject I have strong thoughts on. Thanks for that thought.

Is the Media version of Global warming real? No, its fabracated to make money on Green products

Is Climate Change real? Yes, and it happens in drastic ways with or without humans. look at the Ice Ages.

Another great point.

KingBravest

Global warming isn't real, as my mother, who is deeply involved in the scientific community, has informed me of several accounts where the original creators of the theory and those who are involved in its upkeep have admitted to over-exaggerating the ice melting and the amount of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere. Search hard enough, and you're bound to find it.

Thank you... maybe my explanation got a little too deep and brought up more questions lol

.TraX.

Bad and Nationwide
Global warming might be true, but it really doesn't matter, as when the Ice Age comes in around 10,000 years, everything will be reset.

On the contrary.

The main issue with the current state is that we're accelerating climate change.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
Even if Global climate change(yes this is the proper term now) is proven false thats no reason to not try and take care of the earth. We're still living in it after all.

Moneyy

INACTIVE
Yes, it is real. From satellite images you can see ice melting over time, and this is directly related to the usage of fossil fuels and other greenhouse gases. As people burn more fossil fuels, the global temperature rises.

Status
Not open for further replies.