• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So..Is Global Warming Real? Or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
Quick, someone get the scientific community onto this one! A truly brilliant hypothesis that would have been insofar overlooked by every researcher who has contributed to this field of science. And it's only 8th grade stuff!
It's not a hard concept. If you want ot believe all the hype, go ahead. I'm just saying that after a few thousand years of being frozen, nothing else will melt? Nah that's impossible. Yes car emmissions and whatnot aren't helping, in fact they are hurting, but it won't have a significant impact until about 2040 or later. "Won't have a significant impact? Have you taken a look around?" yes I have. with my 2 eyes. Things are melting. Just like they should be. And let's not forget that back in the early 2000's scientists predicted that the ozone would be effed. Let me just check real quick.....yeah nothing sunblock won't handle. Sure it's 120 degrees here, but that was bound to happen sometime. Stop freaking out.

darkcharizard58

Yes it exists, but it isnt solely caused by humans. Yeah we sped up the process a bit but it would have happened eventually. It has happened throughout history before humans polluted the earth. If humans weren't here it would still be happening.

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
i personally think it is

I wouldn't mind believing it. But I still haven't seen the proofs. They told us years ago that here (in Canada) the temperature would rise about 10 degrees each years. We still have around 30 degrees celcius in summer, and last winter brought us a buttload of snow, with temperatures as cold as past years. So at best, global warming happens, but not in Canada. Last summer was even hotter than this year. I'm having trouble believing that the planet is getting warmer and warmer each year... But again, if I ever see proofs right in front of my eyes, i will believe it. Just like God.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
That's not proof of global warming. You can't just take your local temperatures. Proof is in history and changing landscape all over the world.

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
That's not proof of global warming. You can't just take your local temperatures. Proof is in history and changing landscape all over the world.
So I say that this is the natural cycle of the earth, and you mock me?
You're saying the same thing....

Ðãmon Howe

Stop posting DH.
I don't know who to believe. o_O

Anyone who takes the face-value of "Global Warming" is an idiot, and whoever believes that anything in the "Inconvenient Truth" should be taken as fact or actual statistics...well, I'm just plain sorry for you.

The "truth" is, most if not all of the "global warming" stuff is BullS. And I'm not just saying that. I've done my research, wrote a research paper or two, and listened two at least 10 different professional perspectives on global warming.

ALL of my studies have found this true: Climatic Change (as in, the earth's climate in various parts of the globe changing at a steady rate) IS HAPPENING. It's a fact. Our planet is constantly going through changes; some of these changes have happened more rapidly than others. Some parts of the globe are warming up, and some are not, and there is no real set rate of the changes occurring; it depends on a year-to-year basis.

"Global Warming" would have you believe This piece of garbage.

There is no evidence for any of it. Despite what Al Gore and the government would have you believe, we are not "Spiralling out of control" and headed for doomsday heat. Now, to Al's credit, there is some evidence that human impacts have indeed affected earth's temperature....about .3 degrees over the course of 200 years. Not what old Al is claiming.

There's so much more than this meager sample I'm giving you, but considering part of my bachelor's degree is directly related to this issue (an issue I take seriously) I hope you'll give my word for it. As for all the evidence and the like, try, TRY and track down the sources of these so-called statistics. They had an newspaper issue two years ago where a hacker managed to get a hold of some interesting emails stating that all their "data" on "global warming" was essentially made up to scare the public into doing whatever the hell the govt. wants you to do.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
I would love to read your research paper. How about uploading it for us to review?

Otherwise, I too am a professor of science doing my research on the atmospheric effects of agricultural carbon emissions. I've published scores of peer-reviewed papers in dozens of journals. BUT YOU CAN'T SEE.

Sigged. 1char

*humbled*

thejt

Everyday Im Shufflin
I would love to read your research paper. How about uploading it for us to review?

Otherwise, I too am a professor of science doing my research on the atmospheric effects of agricultural carbon emissions. I've published scores of peer-reviewed papers in dozens of journals. BUT YOU CAN'T SEE.
*humbled*
Published papers?
Aparrently you are a 19 year-old student. Not a professor. Big college boy knows everything because he's studied for a year at a university. I'd love to see your work.

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
Published papers?
Aparrently you are a 19 year-old student. Not a professor. Big college boy knows everything because he's studied for a year at a university. I'd love to see your work.
My point was: you cannot possibly prove I am not a professor with lots of published papers. But unless I can prove that I am a professor, my claims mean sweet F.A.

That said, I am genuinely interested to see Damien's papers that disprove anthropological climate change.

Regarding your earlier comments about what 'scientists' said about 'ozone layer' - it may have been something sunblock can handle in the USA. But the ozone layer is not evenly distributed around the Earth. In Australia, Queensland in particular, ultraviolet radiation levels were/are absurdly high and skin cancer caused by UV exposure continues to claim many lives every year. CFCs were phased out in the 90s but we are only seeing the ozone layer recover now. Even then, in some parts of Australia (including beaches where people expose a lot of skin) the UV index (which typically ranges from 1-10) regularly reaches 16 and 17 in the summer months. As in, if you put on sunscreen right before you go out into the midday sun you would have already burnt by the time the sunscreen is absorbed. There is literally piles of documentation and research to back up the fact that ozone hole caused a hell of a lot of health problems.

But it seems most people can look no further than out their window when it comes to considering evidence.

Last edited:

Waterlover711

<=my doggy(prof.pic)
i think global warming is real and its because american cars are so bad..if the government would just get over themselves then we could use european cars and reduce the emissions that are going into the air

UltimatePokemonExpert

Experienced Trainer
No it's not. It's a lie.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
I'd take it to the debate streets, but I'm retired.

Global Warming can't exist, it would take thousands of years of abuse to earth for anything to happen........
It can't because the ice caps would be melting........
wait.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
You know, considering how controversial this topic is, this is more of a Debates thread.

*cue several more pages of "I say it's true because I actually listen to science" "it's a lie" "guys it's actually just called global climate change now")

lugia p

zekrom trainer
My science teacher used to say that ppl that deny it are stupid, but she was pretty crazy.

Anyway, I think there is because of "The Inconvenient Truth" I saw that movie because i was asking myself the same question.

I saw that two i dont know if it was just me but that sounded biblical the way the ocean could boil but i think it is a natural acurrance.

legendarypokemonmaster

Why do people waste time arguing about this instead of just solving the problem. We need to get off of fossil fuels regardless, and stop polluting the planet.

Status
Not open for further replies.