• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So many Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire fakes on Ebay HELP!

toxictwinkie

I really want to get Pokemon Sapphire and all I can find are 'fake' copies of the game. The ones that are legit usually comes with the box but is very expensive. My local EB Games don't have old traded in GBA games anymore and Gametraders puts on a huge mark-up. $50 for a used Sapphire unboxed game.

That why I went to Ebay..but its so hard to find a legit copy.

Can anybody help me to find a legit copy?

Thanks

BCVM22

Nothing anyone can do for you unless someone's actually willing to go through the listings with you one by one and point out the ones with the "best chance" (used loosely) of being legitimate.

Honest best advice is to stop looking. What you're seeing is largely emblematic of the secondary market as a whole at this point, and your chances of being ripped off by being sold fake merchandise far outweigh your chances of finding a legitimate copy, boxed or unboxed, at this late date.

Last edited:

toxictwinkie

Nothing anyone can do for you unless someone's actually willing to go through the listings with you one by one and point out the ones with the "best chance" (used loosely) of being legitimate.

Honest best advice is to stop looking. What you're seeing is largely emblematic of the secondary market as a whole at this point, and your chances of being ripped off by being sold fake merchandise far outweight your chances of finding a legitimate copy, boxed or unboxed, at this late date.

I see, that understandable. Thanks for the advice and feedback. ^__^. Sigh, I had Emerald a looong time ago and it got stolen, hence the search for Ruby/Sapphire.