1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So many Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire fakes on Ebay HELP!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation III Discussion' started by toxictwinkie, Feb 8, 2013.

1. toxictwinkie

toxictwinkie Well-Known Member

I really want to get Pokemon Sapphire and all I can find are 'fake' copies of the game. The ones that are legit usually comes with the box but is very expensive. My local EB Games don't have old traded in GBA games anymore and Gametraders puts on a huge mark-up. $50 for a used Sapphire unboxed game.

That why I went to Ebay..but its so hard to find a legit copy.

Can anybody help me to find a legit copy?

Thanks

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Nothing anyone can do for you unless someone's actually willing to go through the listings with you one by one and point out the ones with the "best chance" (used loosely) of being legitimate.

Honest best advice is to stop looking. What you're seeing is largely emblematic of the secondary market as a whole at this point, and your chances of being ripped off by being sold fake merchandise far outweigh your chances of finding a legitimate copy, boxed or unboxed, at this late date.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  3. toxictwinkie

toxictwinkie Well-Known Member

I see, that understandable. Thanks for the advice and feedback. ^__^. Sigh, I had Emerald a looong time ago and it got stolen, hence the search for Ruby/Sapphire.