• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So Near Yet So Farfetch'd (049)

NPT

Just a member
Geez, I didn't like this episode's COTD Keith at all. Instead of bothering to train his own Farfetch'd, he steals other trainer's Pokémon. I hated how Keith lured Misty with his Farfetch'd and bumped into her for exchanging her bag with a bag full of stones. He fooled Team Rocket too!
Misty's Psyduck was actually useful for once, I liked how it came out of it's Pokémon and found Misty on it's own, then led the group to the place where the Pokémon theif Keith's tent was.
Ash's Bulbasaur losing to that Farfetch'd annoyed me. Ash was about to sent out Pikachu to battle Farfetch'd, but Misty stopped Ash because wanted to battle him too. Misty battle Keith's Farfetch'd and defeated it with her Psyduck. Even though I wanted Ash's Pikachu to Zap that theif's Farfetch'd, Misty deserved to battle his Farfetch'd and win. After all, she's the one whose bag was stolen by Keith and his Farfetch'd. I'm glad all of the Pokémon trainers got their Pokémon back at the end.

Last edited:

MattySadler

I guess Keith symbolises natural human weakness. In our world and in the Pokemon world people would want to take shortcuts and find the 'easy way'. Fortunately it appears Keith reforms after this episode, which is always nice.

Used to be a massive Farfetch'd fan as a child so I quite liked this one. Very underused.

what makes me laugh is when meowth literally said:
oh this guy tricks us two times in one episode!!

lol

It's always funny when chracters (expecially TR) in this show break the fourth wall like that. :)

Uh, when did Jessie get a lickitung before this episode?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Farfetch'd and his trainer were such con artists, but I kind of liked the change; usually Team Rocket is the only threat, but here we saw something refreshing. I especially liked when Team Rocket was tricked with the boat and the Voltorb, and seeing a duck Pokemon like Psyduck beat another duck Pokemon like Farfetch'd slayed in my view.

Gillachu

Banned
Farfetch'd was tricky as hell and I liked that Psyduck put it in its place. TR getting conned was a good moment of poetic justice.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The Cotd who owned Farfetch'd was such a scam artist, but I found him to be interesting cuz he redeemed himself. Seeing Misty use Psyduck to defeat Farfetch'd was cool. I'm glad that she got revenge. :3

My favorite scene here was when Team Rocket got tricked into thinking that the Poke Balls were real, but they were really just some Voltorb.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Keita and Kamonegi scamming Kasumi was cruel in the sense that even the Rocket-dan wouldn't have done something that mean. I liked how Keita scammed Musashi and Kojirou, though. It was poetic justice. Kamonegi versus Koduck was my favorite part because Keita finally suffered for his actions.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I dislike Farfetch'd, so I wasn't too excited about this episode. I liked the parts with Misty and Psyduck though and I also noticed that dub mistake where Jessie mentions her Lickitung even though she hasn't even caught it yet. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
My favorite scene here was when Team Rocket got tricked into thinking that the Poke Balls were real, but they were really just some Voltorb.

Hee hee, I liked that as well mostly cuz it seemed silly that Jessie and James didn't realise that they were Voltorbs at first. I mean, you’d think that they would have checked the Poke balls from the start.

Shayuin

Banned
How come we didn't get a proper backstory on the Farfetch'd kid? Not to mention how dumb TR was here and how they got scammed twice. I hated that.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Did Farfetch'd kid have a name? I found it messed up how he was committing crimes and even with evidence against him, Officer Jenny didn't bother arresting that crook.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Did Farfetch'd kid have a name? I found it messed up how he was committing crimes and even with evidence against him, Officer Jenny didn't bother arresting that crook.

His name was Keita in the Japanese version, and Keith in the English dub I believe. As for why Keita was allowed to roam free after Kasumi defeated him, I can only assume that since he seemed genuinely ashamed of himself and had reformed (not to mention, he was just a kid), that Junsa decided to be lenient with him.

Alloutℯ

Banned
As for why Keita was allowed to roam free after Kasumi defeated him, I can only assume that since he seemed genuinely ashamed of himself and had reformed (not to mention, he was just a kid), that Junsa decided to be lenient with him.

Then this is exactly why Jenny sucks so much at her job. She was dealing with a thief here no matter how sorry he was and Jenny should've done more than just let him walk free.

Vipsoccermaster

His name was Keita in the Japanese version, and Keith in the English dub I believe. As for why Keita was allowed to roam free after Kasumi defeated him, I can only assume that since he seemed genuinely ashamed of himself and had reformed (not to mention, he was just a kid), that Junsa decided to be lenient with him.
Correct, it was Keith.

Episode was funny. Farfetch'd is a cool Pokémon, but it is not when it is being used to steal other Pokémon. Glad that Keith changed his ways at the conclusion of the episode, but still Officer Jenny should have arrested Keith for a time. Perhaps Jenny wanted to give him one last chance.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back now, I do wonder if part of why Kamonegi versus Koduck happened here was a way of showing us who the superior duck Pokemon was, or if that was just a coincidence.

Keith was a bigger con man than Jessie and James. When Jessie and James got scammed, I felt happy since justice was served. I dunno why Jessie had Lickitung though. Seemed weird since she shouldn't have caught one yet.

Leonhart

Imagineer
ᎠᎬȺᎢḤ said:
I dunno why Jessie had Lickitung though. Seemed weird since she shouldn't have caught one yet.

That wasn't a mistake per se, simply a result of the schedule in mid-Kanto being shuffled around due to the Porygon episode incident, which caused the anime's episode line-up to become out of order. Musashi had already caught Beroringa by this point.

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
A meh episode. I liked it how Farfetch'd beat Bulbasaur, but lost to Psyduck. Keith angered me, but at least he reformed afterwards. The Dex saying Farfetch'd was edible was a surprise.
4/10