• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So Near Yet So Farfetch'd (049)

Leonhart

Imagineer
KyogreThunder said:
The Dex saying Farfetch'd was edible was a surprise.

I did find it kind of surprising at first, although it made sense in hindsight since we had known that Pokemon such as Koiking were edible too.

This episode felt more serious than most Kanto episodes since Ash's group was dealing with a criminal who was their age. I liked how the guy tricked Team Rocket since they deserved a taste of their own medicine for once and Farfetch'd was stronger than I thought, but it made the mistake of causing Psyduck's headache to worsen which cost it the battle. At least the kid became good in the end.

Episodes that make me like Psyduck are rare because he was mostly just an annoying duck with powers that he never mastered but here he was the main Pokemon of the episode and he deserved his praise after how he defeated Farfetch'd. Granted it was mostly Keith's own fault for losing since Farfetch'd whacked Psyduck's head repeated but it was still a good battle. I thought that Keith was a real troublemaker who deserved the worst punishment. 7/10