• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So New That It Should Be Illegal!

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
A New RMT in the New Year with New Pics

Made a team with no walls, just sweepers and tanks which counter threats, in an attempt to use my favorites and still be competitive, probably not one of the best but still pretty effective nonetheless, it’s had decent results

392qp0.png

Infernape @ Life Orb
Naive
100 Atk, 176 S. Atk, 232 Spd
- HP Ice
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat

My Self-Explanatory wall raper with incredible coverage, SpecsMence and the deadlier MixMence leads kept in check, mah monkey.

477jv0.png

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Relaxed
228 HP, 20 Atk, 192 Def, 68 S. Def
- W-o-W
- Pain Split
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch

The emo who likes to play with fire. Gyra and Hera counter that isn’t Weezing, also gets Metagross. HP gives me max lefties recovery, could care less about special threats, Noir takes too much damage with the other set as it is anyway, he was born to be physical with W-o-W.

445it6.png

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Simple revenge killer to kill some of my uncovered threats, generic spread so I won’t be outsped by other Scarfchomp. Sometimes the best defense is a good offense peoplez

464oa0.png

Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Impish
(Solid Rock)
180 HP, 252 Atk, 76 Def
- Substitute
- Avalanche
- Megahorn
- Earthquake

Physical Tank, subs and rapes: Weavile, TTar, DDMence, and to a lesser extent Electivire and Raikou (weed-free versions). Never really used Stone Edge that much and Megahorn is needed badly for Cress. Avalanche is for Chomp and it also takes out Gliscors too lol

94we6.png

Gengar @ Life Orb/ Expert Belt
Timid
4 HP, 252 S. Atk, 252 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Special sweeper and ground resist same reasoning for spread as Garchomp. My Pert “counter” if you will. Comes in on fighting moves aimed at…..

143gw9.png

Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful
(Thick Fat)
220 HP, 36 Atk, 252 S.Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- EQ

Special sponge and status absorber counters Azelf and friends, Starmie and especially Heatran, and to a lesser extent any other specs user in general bar Lucario, obviously who still 2HKO him. Underrated beast seriously, all the things people brag they can take out with their special sweepers usually can’t take this thing down. He stalls Cress too which is a + in my book

Other than that, Breloom’s an annoying little *****

RATE PLZ, and a Happy New Year to All

- Credit to me for teh pics, except Gengar -

Last edited:

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Specs Lucario used appear!
With prediction it can do 50%+ every time it comes in.

Other than that pretty good.

EDIT: Hey I'm finally off that Battle Frontier rank

johnXkid

Candlelight
SpecsLuke switches in on Snorlax
BlueAce switches in Gengar or Dusknoir
SpecsLuke switches giving a free Hypnosis/ WoW to Noir or Gar.
SpecsLuke later appears. User predicts switch to Gar/ Noir and uses Dark Pulse
BlueAce switches in Infernape.

Not too SpecsLuke with prediction, but still a little

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Is there really such a thing as a SpecsLuke counter?

I'll just do what John said, second time it comes around It'll be asleep hopefully, so ill just EQ it, or let Lax take a hit, since its still a 2HKO with Aura Sphere and Dark Pulse might be a 3HKO maybe, pretty sure Lax's EQ is a 2HKO on Luke as well

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
Gotta love your Pokemon art, especially Infernape. And Rhyperior.
Anyways, you already stated your Breloom weakness, and Specsluke can be somewhat annoying.

Specs Lucario used appear!
With prediction it can do 50%+ every time it comes in.

Other than that pretty good.

EDIT: Hey I'm finally off that Battle Frontier rank
Don't post utter trash. People like you are killing this forum more than it was initially by the thousands of newbies.

The team is pretty Water weak, so a random Azumarill, or even a well played Gyarados will rip through this completely.
Your EV's are all over the place as well.

nfernape @ Life Orb
Naive
100 Atk, 176 S. Atk, 232 Spd
- HP Ice
- Grass Knot
- Flamethrower
- Close Combat
I like this Pokémon, it is just walled by the most popular lead in this generation. And stumped. Which happens to be something you're a little weak to:
Gyarados.
So giving Gyarados a headstart from the word go isn't going to really be a good choice to be honest. Stick with it if you so please, but I personally hate Infernape leads.
Don't know what is about your EVs either. Keep them if you so wish, as I don't care for Infernape.
Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Relaxed
220 HP, 24 Atk, 196 Def, 68 S. Def
- W-o-W
- Pain Split
- Fire Punch
- Thunderpunch
No idea why you're not using Max HP - as you're not even hitting a Magic Number that is divisible by 16, giving you Maximum Leftovers recovery.
Don't know why you're bothering with silly numbers either.

EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Keep it more simplistic. Thunderpunch is a guaranteed 2HKO on Gyarados without any Atk. Unless you're striving towards something specific...?
I doubt this though.

Dusknoir can be a fun lead!
Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Adamant
4 HP, 252 Atk, 252 Spd
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Outrage
Personally, I think this is all too predictable, and doesn't hit hard enough. On top of that, it requires a ridiculous amount of skill to use in the first place.
Bog otherwise.
Rhyperior @ Leftovers
Impish
(Solid Rock)
180 HP, 252 Atk, 76 Def
- Substitute
- Avalanche
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
Substitute is always a horrid idea unless you're running Focus Punch over Earthquake, as it can do better things with it's time. Rockless Rhyperior is pretty dumb as well.
You can use an all out offencive moveset with a defencive EV spread if you so please;

Rhyperior (?) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Atk / 176 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Avalanche / Counter / Stealth Rock / Rest

I used this a while ago, and with some support, it was really fun.
Gengar @ Expert Belt
Timid
4 HP, 252 S. Atk, 252 Spd
- Hypnosis
- Energy Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
Boring.
Expert Belt sucks. Life Orb is superior.
Snorlax @ Leftovers
Careful
(Thick Fat)
220 HP, 36 Atk, 252 S.Def
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Crunch
- EQ
STABless Lax's have been around forever, and they will forever be stupid. Body Slam is it's most useful move by far - Paralyzing Pokémon that choose to swap into it wins. Especially cocky Fighters - except Lucario!

212 HP / 80 Def / 216 SDef
Careful.

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
What I meant was the only Pokemon not weak to Aura Sphere / Dark Pulse / Dragon Pulse or HP [Ice] is Ape, who will be hurt by Aura Sphere, so if the opponent can predict he will hurt you, saying he could be outpredicted is pointless as if you're bad at prediction you lose anyway

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
The team is pretty Water weak, so a random Azumarill, or even a well played Gyarados will rip through this completely.
Your EV's are all over the place as well.

I like this Pokémon, it is just walled by the most popular lead in this generation. And stumped. Which happens to be something you're a little weak to:
Gyarados.
So giving Gyarados a headstart from the word go isn't going to really be a good choice to be honest. Stick with it if you so please, but I personally hate Infernape leads.

Its fun getting surprise KO on dragon leads IMO, and Bulky Gyra isnt even a problem for me, it 4HKO Dusknoir (no DD iirc), and most Taunt him and take a nice T-Punch, then the Vire switch in is all to obvious after that. Yea but Feraligatrs and Floatzel proved bothersome

Don't know what is about your EVs either. Keep them if you so wish, as I don't care for Infernape.

Ape's EVs guarantees it can OHKO a Max HP, 0 S.Def Evs Swampert, The Max S.Atk is really for NPing and for Cress (Psychic is scawy) and Donphan (which still isnt even a reliable OHKO), 100 Atk makes sure Blissey stays raped and it also hits other pokes hard on the switch in

No idea why you're not using Max HP - as you're not even hitting a Magic Number that is divisible by 16, giving you Maximum Leftovers recovery.
Don't know why you're bothering with silly numbers either.

EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SDef
Impish Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)

Keep it more simplistic. Thunderpunch is a guaranteed 2HKO on Gyarados without any Atk. Unless you're striving towards something specific...?
I doubt this though.

68 Evs and 76 Evs in S.Def on Noir still takes nearly the same amount of damage from Bulky Starmie's Surf, (which is about the only special threat ill switch Noir in on) so I just dumped them into defense, and yea I added the Atk EVs for lulz, ive found that it does a ****load to Luke for some reason tho, will change the HP Evs, couldve sworn it did go in by 16...

Substitute is always a horrid idea unless you're running Focus Punch over Earthquake, as it can do better things with it's time. Rockless Rhyperior is pretty dumb as well.
You can use an all out offencive moveset with a defencive EV spread if you so please;

Rhyperior (?) @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 244 HP / 56 Atk / 176 Def / 32 SDef
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Avalanche / Counter / Stealth Rock / Rest

I used this a while ago, and with some support, it was really fun.

I rarely used sub, but when I do, he tends to rape a poke or 2, I like those EVs tho, looks like a beast for SS Teams, but that one seems like it'll have a hard time dealing with Cress, I might try that set out and see how it goes, but I thought the Gliscor killing was fun

Expert Belt sucks. Life Orb is superior.
Well with the lack of a spinner, and SS LO might hurt, but fudge it i'll go with it i guess

STABless Lax's have been around forever, and they will forever be stupid. Body Slam is it's most useful move by far - Paralyzing Pokémon that choose to swap into it wins. Especially cocky Fighters - except Lucario!

Crunch is for Gengar, who walls me instead if I run Body Slam, and EQ for Heatran, Ive also found it gives CressHeat teams a hell of a hard time to deal with, plus the def drop is fun too

Blue Ace

Pokemon is Dead
Heatran cannot touch Snorlax.

Heracross cant touch Gliscor either, yet Gliscor still carries AA

As for the lead role, Im against leading with Ghosts, or Psychics for that matter, for the sole reason that it gives Weavile leads a free KO in the 1st turn

Also I dont see what the big deal about Gyra is, I have a counter for him anyway, just because Dusknoir is one of the lesser known counters doesnt make me Gyra weak. Noir doesnt give a **** if its taunted, Its still gonna 2HKO Gyra regardless, if they DD, then Taunt, Vire is coming, if they DD twice or DD and attack or vice versa, then that means Vire isnt coming so I can 2HKO either way, an Un-DD Waterfall from Bulky Gyra 4HKOs Noir

Besides Weavile cant do jack to Gyra either, and it stalemates with Breloom because of Intimidate and people still lead with them

At least Ape gives me a free unexpected KO on Salamence leads and stops Spiker/ SR leads dead in their tracks (Foretress, Skarmory, Swampert, even Gliscors lol). I dont have spin support so its better to nip that nuisance in the bud, or at least prolong it. It also phazes the supposed "perfect" lead, Breloom.

Last edited:

Annhialator Zero

killkillkillkillkill
Gliscor actually generally carries AA as a filler move that can hurt stuff that resists EQ (Bug and Grass)

Most of those can't do crap to Gliscor but obviously hitting those who can helps.