1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So now that BW is over, what did Ash's Unova pokemon accomplish in the series?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by CyberCubed, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CyberCubed

CyberCubed Banned

Because aside from beating some of the Gym leaders, in which Pikachu hogged most of the battles anyway...I honestly can't think of much of anything.

2. AuraChannelerChris

AuraChannelerChris "How did I know that would be your reaction?"

They proved to be the most underdeveloped team ever, sans Krookodile and Leavanny. We'll never know the deal with Snivy's past, and she was just as badass in attitude.

3. Blue Saturday

Blue Saturday too fly

Another Best Wishes bashing thread, lovely.

*Waits for it to get locked*

Pepsi_Plunge likes this.
  4. yuoke

yuoke Treasure huntin'

I can't think of what this thread will accomplish.

moneylesswario and Pepsi_Plunge like this.
  5. JD

JD Well-Known Member

Well he has a dependable Dark type Pokemon Krookodile so I guess that's something.

6. Zya

Zya ロバート

Aside from not knowing much of Snivy's past, Pignite, Oshawott and Snivy kind of accomplished certain things. His other Pokemon though, not so much. Just wish we could see more of them...it's too late now. Next season they better not overfill Ash's party and then mess up the rotation AND make an insane amount of episodes with absolutely no character/Pokemon development..or they'll for sure recreate best wishes. I'm sorry it's not bashing it's just the truth. I still loved watching this series.

7. OceanicLanturn

OceanicLanturn Non non non!

They achieved a new low in Team Ash's record

I dunno really. I guess, first dark type? Him doing rotation was new, but still, could've done it better.

8. wildheart90

wildheart90 Awesome

He got a new powerhouse in Krookodile

9. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Well they partaked in all of them tournaments they never won, they for the most part played the role of canon fodder to Pikachu at the league and had all of that amazing off screen training!
    I actually think the star team this gen was Iris's as all of them outside of Axew actually did stuff and developed!

Right lets break it down anyways...
    - Pignite: Resolved issues with former trainer, evolved, got 2nd most wins after Pikachu I think, Beat its evolved form, learnt nothing but Fire type moves until it learnt Brick Break off screen, got a bullet seed stuck up its nose, fanboyed over Zard. 8/10
    - Oshawott: Learnt to fight without its shell, then seemed to forget how to in recent episodes, mastered Aqua Jet, Learnt Hydropump, won the scallop event, Beat its evolved form, never replaced Tackle with anything good, sold lots of toys! 8/10
    - Snivy: Had great personality and relationship among groups Pokemon, won some good early battles, used Attract, Beat its evolved form, never gave a reason not to evolve, never learnt any new moves, Never developed upon her past. 6/10
    - Scraggy: Developed its strength and mastered its moves, developed a bromance with Axew, had an enjoyable personality, beat a Darumaka(not even a Darmanitan) at the league! First dark type. 7/10
    - Krookodile: Followed Ash like a stalker, evolved, had fun personality, Became a powerhouse, developed a rivalry with a Beartic, Never learnt to fight without its glasses, got a pen stuck in a Klinglang? 8/10
    - Boldore: First Rock type, evolved, looked awesome, won in a gym, appeared in a movie!....... 3/10
    - Levanny: First gym evolution, evolved, Almost beat Sawk, Got some gym wins, Used swarm... but then lost anyways, completely changed its awesome personality into a generic Levanny after evolution. 5/10
    - Palpitoad: Did some big battles, disappeared for half the series, lost is awesome personality and has never been seen with Stunfisk since. who?/10
    - Charizard: Returned, used Slash, Searched for stuff. 2/10

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  10. TheSirPeras

TheSirPeras The end of an era

Seriously Cyber..? Don't you have another forum to troll?

Well they got Ash to be one of the best 8 trainers in Unova, gave him several wins and 8 badges, got him to 2 finals, some of them showed some skills that equal other Pokemon from other regions (mainly Pignite, Leavanny, Palpitoad and Krookodile). Pokemon from other regions didn't accomplish much more Cyber. It's the same base for all of them, so yeah nice job making another BW hate thread. Great job, seriously. Here's an award.

11. Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994 Well-Known Member

That will always happen in the Anime, even if he would go with Pikachu alone.

12. TheSirPeras

Still did they not accomplish it?

13. Nightstar1994

Nightstar1994 Well-Known Member

I wouldn't count earning 8 badges as any accomplishment, as we're aware that this "accomplishment" will never stop. It's not like in some gen Ash will leave a region after losing to a Gym Leader or something. So it's worthless if it will appear over and over. It's like counting each of his wins against Team Rocket and calling him a great trainer because of that. Gym Leaders (bar Giovanni) are doomed to lose by the plot, regardless with what kind of stupid method.

14. Janovy

Janovy Banned

I would raise Snivy's to 8 because she was badass when she helped Tepig snap out of it leading to his evolution. :p

Also, Oshawott's development really led nowhere. :I

15. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

I wanted Scraggy to evolve at some point. :

I'm honestly surprised they didn't evolve Pignite, considering the writers love dem fire starters on Ash's team.

16. Alfred the Second

Alfred the Second Dracoflare

Pretty much this.

17. TheSirPeras

Well then I mean, losing the league also shouldn't count for the Pokemon's record because we know Ash won't win it. If it follows by this logic, all of Ash's Pokemon suck because they haven't accomplished anything. Except for gyms and the league, what have his Kanto/Johto/Hoenn/Sinnoh Pokemon accomplished? Because if this is the case, his Unova team is as good as his Sinnoh team, since they all have little achievements. I think gyms should count for accomplishments because even if we know Ash will win them, it was still thanks to his Pokemon. They should get that as accomplishments

18. Eneci

Eneci FrogadierMasterLucas

Oshawot,Pignite, Scraggy, Leavanny and Krookodlie had a solid run and Pika of course.

Snivy,Boldore,Unefezant, Palpi were pretty much useless.
    Snivy won 1 gym battle,defeated Georgia and helped Tepig.
    Boldore got 2 gym battles, performed poor in the league, and got 1 wtjc win.
    Unfezant got 2 gym battles and palpi got sonething like Snivy but worse.

And I'm angry the writers didn't use this great Pokes. I hope they will get a chance in the Kalos league or someqhere else to shine.

19. nuzamaki90

nuzamaki90 Well-Known Member

I don't get why Snivy, Miju, and Pigmite didn't evolve, none of them showed any reasons why they don't want to. If this was just another reference to the first season, then they failed because at least Bulbasaur and Squirtle learned how to become powerhouses even in their small state. It's gonna be pretty sad knowing Oshawott will never be as good of a fire-fighter as Squirtle.

At least Ash got Leavsnny, Boldlre, Scraggy, and Krookodile. They all look like they'll be helpful in the long run, especially Mr. Krock-in-Shades.

20. Midnightmoon6o2

Midnightmoon6o2 "Tougher than you."

Ugh, once you mention Unova and what it has accomplished don't expect a warm reception.

I guess Ash raising a dark type, Krok and Leavanny was good. The rotation idea was good on paper but in practice just didn't work. Snivy looked promising and so did Oshawott and Pignite just didn't reach it possible potential. BW just has so many great ideas that weren't (or probably never) pushed to the potential they showed so early on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.