1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So now that BW is over, what did Ash's Unova pokemon accomplish in the series?

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by CyberCubed, Sep 8, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

She just comes off as really smug to me but that is something the Snivy evolution line seems to have in common. I would be fine with that if she actually did something to back it up but she really doesn't seem all that strong to me. Just my opinion. Sorry :/

Calmest, maybe but most mature? A lot of her rivalry with Emolga doesn't show her in a very mature light with how she deals with that.

2. Janovy

Janovy Banned

So what, not even people act the same around all the people. I mean, have you seen Emolga's attitude? Snivy had no other way to deal with her.

Plus, Emonga was female which made things ever harder. xD

3. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

I don't think some of Ash's Pokémon would handle it the same way that Snivy did.

4. Graham Aker

Graham Aker Well-Known Member

I wonder why the writers didn't show more of Paliptoad's personality after it's capture. I guess since it wasn't going to get alot of screen time...they figured it was fine as is while they had Pignite, Oshawott, Scraggy, and Krookodile around. :p

5. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

They had opportunities to use the rotation process in order to allow Leavanny, Palpitoad, Boldore and Unfezant to interact with Ash's other Pokémon by eating with them, playing with them, etc. like they usually do with Ash's main Unova Pokémon. Unfortunately, the writers never used this opportunity.

6. Janovy

Janovy Banned

None of them could handle it. In the Volt Switch episode, Snivy was the only one who noticed that Emonga ate their food and Iris just kept forgiving Emonga due to her cuteness. Then Snivy pointed out how chubby Emonga was and they realized she probably used Attract and ate everyone's food.

7. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

I think Pikachu would be more forgiving toward Emolga, for example. I am not saying Snivy's immature but I always thought Pikachu and Charizard were more mature when it comes to Ash's Unova team.

8. Janovy

Janovy Banned

Well Pikachu IS more mature and I guess Charizard is too, but both of them and the rest of the Pokemon have their immature moments. XD

I definitely think of Pikachu as team leader though. In the Subway two-parter, Pikachu was the one to form the plan how to escape with his fellow comrades, so that really makes me think others view Pikachu as the leader too.

9. Pokemaniac24

Pokemaniac24 Banned

And there's nothing wrong with Pokémon having their immature moments but it just seems to me that Pikachu is more mature overall like you said and so is Charizard but they probably are much older than a lot of Ash's Unova Pokémon so it makes sense.

10. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Now that BW is over, it's not to put blame on the pokemon for accomplishing anything or not, it's the trainer. Ash's pokemon are still his pokemon and will probably be used later on so I don't like to hear people bashing the hell out of the poor creatures.

11. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Woops, turns out that when I typed up my breakdown on the previous page I'd completely forgotten about Unfezant, which to be honest pretty much sums up my review of her. That is a real shame as I had high hopes for her at the start of the series especially after finding out that 1. Trip had a Unfezant and 2. that Ash's was female. I would looking forward to the two building up a rivalry (starting in the venipede episode) then carrying it through until the league where Ash's females superior flying skills give it a win, maybe the two birds forming a friendly crush? Ah well. Maybe we can get some fun with Staraptor and Swellow trying to win her attention at the lab? But with her liking Noctowl without it even trying?

Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  12. Rohanator

Rohanator Well-Known Member

Not every Pokemon has to be caught at its weakest stage. You can capture high leveled Pokemon in the games, I can not understand why this is such an issue for people. And it's not like Krokorok was overpowered and in no need of any training, he got popped real quick in his first gym battle.

And while it's natural to be upset about the regression, making constant comments about it for three years is just sort of sad for the lack of a nicer term.

13. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

Agreed Krokorok still had allot of development once captured, so it was not like it was an instant powerhouse. Sure it was strong, but it still needed fine tuning. Plus even when still a wild Sandile it was getting development and training/interacting with Ash.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.