• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

so now that enough time has passed, was Pikachu's move change worth it?

Do you like the fact Pikachu swapped moves?

• Yes, Electro Ball is better

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I feel that since enough time has passed on, how do you all feel about Pikachu swapping Volt tackle for Electro Ball.

Personally I liked it because Volt Tackle was becoming way to easy to counter and the draw back wasn't worth it, but that is my opinion, now it is time to state your own.

Don't go overboard ok?

LizardonX

Banned
I think Pikachu should upgrade to thunder or something. electroball just seems to be a powerful projectile no matter what so its not too much diffrrent from VT except its a distance move with no recoil.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Should of gotten rid of Quick Attack for Return.

Bluelatios*

Electro ball isn't really that amazing, considering he's got regular Thunderbolt for a projectile. Volt Tackle was more interesting and a good finishing move.

I really don't care.

Move changes don't mean crap anyway.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No, it wasn't worth it in my opinion. Volt Tackle was iconic; that yellow aura of electricity that would surround Pikachu's body will go down in history. Electroball or whatever it's called is just a rehashed version of Zap Cannon. I'm not here for reductive moves.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I think Pikachu should upgrade to thunder or something. electroball just seems to be a powerful projectile no matter what so its not too much diffrrent from VT except its a distance move with no recoil.

Pikachu actually did have Thunder until he got Volt Tackle, and Thunder just seemed to fade away after the Battle Froniter since the last time it was used was against Brandon and his Regice.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I'm indifferent. I like that it's mostly used as a finisher move, but Volt Tackle seemed more exclusive and unique.

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
No, I think he should have kept Volt Tackle. Yes it's an Electric-type move, but even so, it is still quite powerful, and even if the electrical effects are taken out of it, either due to Pikachu's electricity being drained, or it being used against a Ground-type, its physical effects still allow it to do something. That, and the fact that it was a powerful move in Pikachu's arsenal and gave him a strong physical Electric-type move.

Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Pika-Speed
I chose, "I'm indifferent on this issue" cause Pikachu's always going to go up and down but still no matter what move he uses he's always going to shine! :p

Torpoleon

No. I liked Volt Tackle better because it was nice having a Physical Electric Attack (which is a great finisher) and a Special Electric Attack. If the writers had Pikachu keep Volt Tackle but still learn Electro Ball, that would have been great.

Aegon

I would have preferred it if Volt Tackle stayed. It's the line's signature move and I hated seeing it being removed so nonchalantly.

I'm still hoping for ExtremeSpeed>Quick Attack.