1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

so now that enough time has passed, was Pikachu's move change worth it?

Discussion in 'Animé Polls' started by Almighty Zard, Nov 1, 2012.

?

Do you like the fact Pikachu swapped moves?

1. Yes, Electro Ball is better

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, it should've kept Volt Tackle

67.6%
  3. No, it should've swapped another move for something else entirely.

8.1%
  4. I'm indifferent on this issue.

24.3%
  1. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

I feel that since enough time has passed on, how do you all feel about Pikachu swapping Volt tackle for Electro Ball.

Personally I liked it because Volt Tackle was becoming way to easy to counter and the draw back wasn't worth it, but that is my opinion, now it is time to state your own.

Don't go overboard ok?

2. LizardonX

LizardonX Banned

I think Pikachu should upgrade to thunder or something. electroball just seems to be a powerful projectile no matter what so its not too much diffrrent from VT except its a distance move with no recoil.

3. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Should of gotten rid of Quick Attack for Return.

4. Bluelatios*

Bluelatios* Well-Known Member

Electro ball isn't really that amazing, considering he's got regular Thunderbolt for a projectile. Volt Tackle was more interesting and a good finishing move.

5. No, he should have kept volt tackle.

6. I really don't care.

Move changes don't mean crap anyway.

7. Lorde

Lorde Banned

No, it wasn't worth it in my opinion. Volt Tackle was iconic; that yellow aura of electricity that would surround Pikachu's body will go down in history. Electroball or whatever it's called is just a rehashed version of Zap Cannon. I'm not here for reductive moves.

8. Almighty Zard

Almighty Zard He has returned.

Pikachu actually did have Thunder until he got Volt Tackle, and Thunder just seemed to fade away after the Battle Froniter since the last time it was used was against Brandon and his Regice.

9. TheSirPeras

TheSirPeras The end of an era

I don't really care tbh. Any move Pikachu has will be overpowered... look at Quick Attack :p

10. An00bis

An00bis Wicked Witch

Who cares really?

It's still Pikachu with something " fresh " attached.

11. Shneak

Shneak totem lurantis is the hardest boss

I'm indifferent. I like that it's mostly used as a finisher move, but Volt Tackle seemed more exclusive and unique.

12. Mew2

Mew2 Team Rocket's Enemy

No, I think he should have kept Volt Tackle. Yes it's an Electric-type move, but even so, it is still quite powerful, and even if the electrical effects are taken out of it, either due to Pikachu's electricity being drained, or it being used against a Ground-type, its physical effects still allow it to do something. That, and the fact that it was a powerful move in Pikachu's arsenal and gave him a strong physical Electric-type move.

13. JennaJayfeather

JennaJayfeather jflkdjkfgjafgaf

I'm mostly indifferent. Though I don't really see the point of it being changed. I agree with Rob, they should have changed Quick Attack for Return.

14. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

This.

All I ever see is BAWWW WHY PIKACHU FORGET VOLT TACKLE ITS WAS STRONGER

15. Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama

Tuskie Tyrant Yoko Kurama Fancy footwork

Volt Tackle was so amazing, it was its line signature move. I do hope it'll learn Wild Charge since it is similar.

16. Caseydia

Caseydia Ace Trainer

Huh? Should have gotten rid of Quick attack for Slam you mean right?

17. WhyHelloThere

WhyHelloThere Well-Known Member

What's so great about Slam? Slam sucks...

18. Ash&Pikachu-Fan

Ash&Pikachu-Fan Pika-Speed

I chose, "I'm indifferent on this issue" cause Pikachu's always going to go up and down but still no matter what move he uses he's always going to shine! :p

19. Torpoleon

Torpoleon Pokémon Sun!

No. I liked Volt Tackle better because it was nice having a Physical Electric Attack (which is a great finisher) and a Special Electric Attack. If the writers had Pikachu keep Volt Tackle but still learn Electro Ball, that would have been great.

20. Aegon

Aegon _

I would have preferred it if Volt Tackle stayed. It's the line's signature move and I hated seeing it being removed so nonchalantly.

I'm still hoping for ExtremeSpeed>Quick Attack.