• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So Virgil was pretty much pointless?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeMaster366

Yes, yes, and kinda. This was just a repeat of BW2. Pikachu gets glory even though he loses at the end, and Krookodile and Pignite are basically the only ones that can put up a fight. Leavanny shows to be strong but she falls because of the writers. Palpitoad is like Waldo. Boldore is used as a Riot Shield, the kind you use in Assassin;s Creed 3 when you get someone in front of you. Oshawott and Snivy fell because of the writers weird love for the other 3. It's funny.

It's not funny. It's sad. 9 Pokemon to choose from, and only 3-4 actually put up a good fight throughout the series (Pikachu, Pignite, Krookodile, and Leavanny). The rest were just a mix of meh and bleh.

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Virgil was only created for a single reason: To sell Eeveelution products, that's it really, his character was just a soulless existence, and the reason they made him win the league was just to glorify the Eeveelutions and sell more merchandise.

Given that this Eevee promotion is going to go on for some time, given the upcoming Pikachu and Eevee short, it's possible he might appear again sometime, possibly to promote Gen 6 Eeveelutions.

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?

Masterge77

Floatzel rules!
Yeah. What happened to Ash? He dominated most of the BW Tournaments. Ash, what happened? :(

He lost the league as always, that's what happened. You know, it's like the writers won't let him win even ONE tournament, he's lost four tournaments in BW: The Don Battle, The Clubsplosion, the Junior Cup, and now the Unova League, is there something wrong with Ash accomplishing something?

He dominated them? Seems to me Trip dominated the 3rd one, and Montgomery dominated the 2nd one. The only one that could be argued would be the first one

I would say he was the 3rd strongest competitor in the Clubsplosion and the 2nd strongest in the Junior Cup so that's good. Everyone in the Top 8 with the exception of Virgil and Dino were all people he has either beaten before or placed higher than in another Tournament yet he didn't outlast any of them.

Nightstar1994

He dominated them? Seems to me Trip dominated the 3rd one, and Montgomery dominated the 2nd one. The only one that could be argued would be the first one

Oh yeah, about Masaomi/Montgomery, he should have been in the League.

Such a wasted character, i liked his personality and design :'(

Oh yeah, about Masaomi/Montgomery, he should have been in the League.

Such a wasted character, i liked his personality and design :'(

The ONLY cool thing about this League was that they invited back past characters. They should have done this every League. Even though none of them played a role, it was still fun. In fact, I was more interested to see how Dino and Katharine would do than I was about seeing how Cameron and Virgil would do.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
Virgil was only created for a single reason: To sell Eeveelution products, that's it really, his character was just a soulless existence, and the reason they made him win the league was just to glorify the Eeveelutions and sell more merchandise.

Given that this Eevee promotion is going to go on for some time, given the upcoming Pikachu and Eevee short, it's possible he might appear again sometime, possibly to promote Gen 6 Eeveelutions.

Yep, basically, that's the vibe he gives off.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
I think you guys are over negativing it ._...

Eevee is one of the few pokemon evolutuions that has literally enough for a full team. Given that, its only natural that they'd make an eevee trainer. No less a pokemon ranger like one. He's proven to be tough, and eevee's are adorable inside AND outside of universe. Why not make one?

Even if he got a crap ton of development I promise you'd all still complain about it being "all for the advertising." >3>...Not all...but...lol
Ash is way more addvertisable then eeveelution trainer lol.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Of course not, he created fascinating conspiracies that a new eeveelution was going to appear. lol

Honestly though, he was pretty pointless. He won the League, but he had so little to do with any of the main characters that anyone could be him.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
I think you guys are over negativing it ._...

Eevee is one of the few pokemon evolutuions that has literally enough for a full team. Given that, its only natural that they'd make an eevee trainer. No less a pokemon ranger like one. He's proven to be tough, and eevee's are adorable inside AND outside of universe. Why not make one?

Even if he got a crap ton of development I promise you'd all still complain about it being "all for the advertising." >3>...Not all...but...lol
Ash is way more addvertisable then eeveelution trainer lol.

There's a difference between Ash, who has more going for him as a character (since he is the lead, after all), and someone like Virgil, who's defining trait is being an Eevee trainer...and that's about it.

EmphaticPikachu

A tired little girl~
There's a difference between Ash, who has more going for him as a character (since he is the lead, after all), and someone like Virgil, who's defining trait is being an Eevee trainer...and that's about it.

he has a purpose and a job and is shown to be competent ._...

He joined the league cause he thought he could win (which he did.).

he DID have a backstory episode -.-.

Super-Staff

Turnabout Pokemon
he has a purpose and a job and is shown to be competent ._...

He joined the league cause he thought he could win (which he did.).

he DID have a backstory episode -.-.

Meh. Not that the League characters are all that interesting, but Virgil felt...emptier as a character than even those before him. I don't know, seemed like he could've been done better just like most of the Unova League episodes.

Mizz Nikki

Operations Director
Virigil's existance was definitely pointless.

He only appeared to promote Eevee and all the Eeveelutions, doesn't get any more pointless then that.

Status
Not open for further replies.