• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So what are your final impressions of Trip, Stephan, and Bianca?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Lol well since Trip has been canned, I guess the writers finally realized they failed.

Now that they've all had their league battles what are your final opinions on the original 3 Ash rivals in Unova?

My final opinion is that all three are boring, with the exception of Stephan who hardly comes on screen.

Trip - Cool

Bianca - Annoying

Stephan - meh

Where's the like button.

BlueDragonfangirl

Poor Trip, we hardly knew you. This new opening prooves we won't even see him fillers to even try and redeem him. What the writers felt about him is pretty clear :p

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I was never a huge fan of Trip; while he is more sensible to his Pokemon, unlike Paul, Trip wasn't leaving a good taste in my favor. His character also tries to hard to be cocky and self admiring. It's just too much, and he becomes that guy nobody wants to like.

Stephan though, is awesome. I like his character. Seeing his name getting pronounced correctly though, easily means his little part in the show has concluded his appearances altogether. I'd still like for him to appear again.

Bianca... oh Bianca. Silly girl. I wouldn't mind seeing her pop out of nowhere again; she does it all the time. I love her gag when she thumps into Ash and he lands in a body of water.

So I would put these guys in this favored list:
1. Stephan
2. Bianca
3. Trip

Gaiash

Champion Scientist
Stephan was great. Funny with several decent battles including winning a tournament. He was my favourite of the Unova rivals. I do wish we saw more of his Pokémon though, while his battle with Ash was the best this league a 6 on 6 match between them would have been perfect.

Bianca was funny. Rushing through everything and even doing well with that strategy and using it outside of battle there was never a dull moment with her around.

Trip was pathetic. Most of his tournament battles wind up with him loosing in the first round (including the Unova League for crying out loud) only really winning against Ash. He doesn't even get a 6 on 6 battle like Gary and Paul did, instead a 1 on 1 match is the end of his rivalry with Ash.

Luthor

If it's confirmed that there won't be a reappearence of any of these 3(i havn't seen it confirmed but just for arguments sake) then this is my view on them as they are now.

Trip-Suffered with inconsistancy.I don't mind that he wasn't paul or gary but as a stand alone character the writing seemed erratic he went from being great in battles to losing in the first rounds a few times back then destroying the competition in the pwt then out in the first round again.Had they had him getting to the mid stages in at least some of tournaments rather than first round it would've seemd more natural.As a character he was ok but there was some wasted potential.

Bianca-Wasted potential here.her growth seemed much more natual than trip she started out with only one pokemon(but not a weak one)then caught two more one of which was of ok strength and one weakling she had a gym battle with elesa which she showed she was not that strong(only pignite really did well here) did ok in the tournaments and showed growth with her pignite as an emboar and showed interesting tatical ability.She got a stronger pokemon to add to her ranks after a trade showing she was getting stronger and managed to make the league and then didn't really show that growth too much.Not bad but could've been better.I do think mincinno should've been shown to evolve and for her to lose in a 3 on 3 rather than a 2 on 2 at the very least.

Stephan-I have to agree with the general consensus had had decent battles even the battles he lost he was able to show he was strong,not too much growth but some(blitzle later being seen as a zebstrika) and while the name gag was slightly annoying it wasn't as overdone as some running gags.Shame he didn't get a 6 on 6 but overall decent enough.

Personally i think at least 1 of them will reappear maybe all 3 but for the moment assuming they won't return this is my view on them.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
Strange not a month has passed since the general consensus of stephan as a boring character with a stupid gag . Now he is the most loved of them all.

Spin Attaxx

2012-2013
Well, when next to someone who's so idiotic it's insulting with a stupid gag and someone who isn't interesting or likeable, someone in his position would win by default.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
TRIP - good
BIANCA - Amazing love her ( just love her :) even that writer treat her so bad T.T )
Stephan - not really good but his league battle is best then the other battle :) even it rush or what ever at least team rocket didnt appear and do something that not important :)

Kotetsu - love him actually :) my favorite rival thought i really want him beat ash but not in top 8 T>T and not with 5 pokemon

Virgil - is he a rival ? if yes then meh and pointless :) cause what point to make him rival league if he not gonna battle ash :p

DMerle

Guess who's back
I feel the same for all of them, I quite like them but it goes no further than that because they didn't have enough screen shine to properly shine, or develop as characters.

A.F.M

Banned
Maybe Trip will be Ash's friend, not rival again. So he'll be removed from rival characters :p

Somebody told me that Trip gets crushed by rocks and dies. Apparently he disturbs a group of sleeping Rhyperior's and they crush every bone in his body with rock wrecker. Serperior pops out of its pokeball and slithers away and becomes Cheren's Pokemon.

Airi-Chan

Falling Roses
Somebody told me that Trip gets crushed by rocks and dies. Apparently he disturbs a group of sleeping Rhyperior's and they crush every bone in his body with rock wrecker. Serperior pops out of its pokeball and slithers away and becomes Cheren's Pokemon.

You did character bashing again, bro. In Meloetta's episode Team Rocket won't appear, now Trip won't appear again. We just wait for Trip's next appearance. Or maybe HE CHANGES HIS CLOTHES into more polite outfits because Who knows Trip is revealed from aristocrat family

Sigged.

Or maybe HE CHANGES HIS CLOTHES

omg character development

-____________-

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Maybe Trip will be Ash's friend, not rival again. So he'll be removed from rival characters :p

I don't see how that is possible. Trip will probably collect badges just like he might so he will probably still be his rival. I rather Trip a rival than a frined like Bianca and some of the others.

You know, if Trip continues as Ash's rival in Generation 6 (main rival or not), I wouldn't mind at all. I think more could be done with him since he is still a new trainer. This is highly unlikely but I wouldn't mind if he did stay.

Status
Not open for further replies.