• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So what exactly was the purpose of Goh getting a Dynamax Band?

Red and Blue

I did think he would be the one to use Gigantamax Cinderace and Inteleon but from the looks of it that's Leon's job. He could still Gigantamax them in final mission, though if not giving him a band was definitely a waste

ShadowForce720

I did think he would be the one to use Gigantamax Cinderace and Inteleon but from the looks of it that's Leon's job. He could still Gigantamax them in final mission, though if not giving him a band was definitely a waste
Come to think of it maybe Leon isn’t going to be G-Maxing his Cinderace and will G-Max his Rillaboom instead.

And then Goh can be the one to show off G-Max Cinderace.

Also it’s interesting to note that so far I don’t think we have seen more then one of the same Gigantamax, here is how it breaks down interms of Gigantamax Pokémon that we have seen in the main anime series:

Gigantamax Pikachu: Ash
Gigantamax Gengar: Ash
Gigantamax Meowth: Team Rocket Trio
Gigantamax Machamp: Bea
Gigantamax Alcremie: Opal
Gigantamax Duraludon: Raihan
Gigantamax Grimmsnarl: Marnie
Gigantamax Garbordor: Olena’s henchmen
Gigantamax Charizard: Leon
Gigantamax Rillaboom: Leon
Gigantamax Drednaw: Wild
Gigantamax Snorlax: Wild
Gigantamax Coalossal: Wild
Gigantamax Centiskorch: character of the day
Eternamax Eternatus: Formerly Wild & owned by Goh currently owned by Leon

So now if we go under the assumption that Goh will be the one to debut Gigantamax Cinderace then these are the Gigantamaxs that could wind up debuting:

Gigantamax Inteleon: Leon
Gigantamax Cinderace: Goh
Gigantamax Blastoise: Gary
Gigantamax Hatterene: Gary
Gigantamax Single Strike Urshifu: Quillon
Gigantamax Rapid Style Urshifu: Danika

I guess they could have Horace show off Gigantamax Hatterene instead of Gary because other then that I’m not sure what Gigantamax Horace would have.

Lord Godwin

The Lord of Darkness
Didn’t he use it in this series and in this tournament? Maybe I’m confused.

Any ways, Goh got everything in this series for no reason, basically the writers pet.
He only used it vs Guzma pre-league.

Not using it with Melmetal was such a missed opportunity.

Or at least with Meltan vs Faba or Ryuukii
I wanted Sirfetch'd to learn Steel wind and use Steel Z-move vs Drasna's Mega Altaria

AJ97

Do you really wanna see Goh Dynamax so bad? I mean, the guy isn't even a battler. At max you'll see him G-Max Cinderace/Dynamax the same and use G-Max Fireball and maybe a Max Knuckle once.

Dynamax/G-Max battles are already hard to choreograph given how slow paced and static they are. Having one with someone like Goh would be pointless altogether.

That said, he is a protagonist from Galar and considering this is the main Galarian thing, it made sense to have him do it once?

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Do you really wanna see Goh Dynamax so bad? I mean, the guy isn't even a battler. At max you'll see him G-Max Cinderace/Dynamax the same and use G-Max Fireball and maybe a Max Knuckle once.

Dynamax/G-Max battles are already hard to choreograph given how slow paced and static they are. Having one with someone like Goh would be pointless altogether.

That said, he is a protagonist from Galar and considering this is the main Galarian thing, it made sense to have him do it once?
Goh isn't from Galar.
He lives in Vermilion City

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Clearly a cut/abandoned plotline ;/
I mean it could still come into play if we actually see Project Mew, so who knows fingers crossed
Otherwise they just used Goh as a player insert to show how Dynamax bands are made since Ash got his way earlier
I still believe him dynamaxing Raboot was meant to lead into him gigantamaxing Cinderace later, and i hope they can follow this plotline, have Leon use Libero Cinderace only and gigantamax Inteleon, RIllaboom and Charizard. Save Gigantamax Cinderace for Goh, he deserves it
G-Max Fireball will be the perfect culmination of their "ember"

AJ97

Goh isn't from Galar.
He lives in Vermilion City
Journey's is tied to Galar as it's the anime connected to the Region. Goh is the protagonist.
Dynamax is a major Galar thing. Generally, the protagonist would do whatever is important/native to the region.

I guess Mega Evolution was an exception but there were no native Kalos Pokemon that could Mega Evolve and Ash got a replacement in place of the same.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
If Journeys is coming to end soon and Goh's only usage of Dynamax was Dynamax Raboot in the Darkest Day Arc (which was over 2 years ago)?
Assuming we actually see some kind of battle for PM, then maybe we'll get Gmax Cinderace, there's no time for both Inteleon and Cinderace to Gmax, so if it was going to be one, I would think the writers will have Ace do it (or both do with Articuno style knockouts).

Though it is extremely awkward that we go from an episode where a 'protagonist's' 2 ace pokemon are looking back on their development, only to go into the finals where the new and improved Cinderace and Inteleon will be putting on a showing that the 2 we've been following have no way of matching. Usually these kinds of endgame counterparts would be a goal to overcome, but Goh isn't even going to be there.

The equivalent would be Ash never getting a mega stone/ aura connection with Lucario, and the last trial in PM was spirit bomb mega Lucario.

I had given up on seeing Libero, so on one hand I am glad to see it since I love the Scorbunny line, plus we finally get to see maxed out Inteleon and Rillaboom. But these are not the Inteleon and Cinderace that I as a viewer am invested in. Grookeys a little **** though, wish the writers didn't go the annoying mascot route.

We still don't even know what Goh's Cinderace's last move is.
The same point of Gmax Pikachu and Meowth
I figure with those 2, they wanted to show them off as references to the games, and were willing to bend the mechanics (since neither will go into a pokeball), but they didn't want to commit to their own rule breaking.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Same as his purpose in catching Pokemon by just throwing poke all at them - None
Same as being named chaser instead of hunter although it means the same

FYI:

Only difference is that chasers go after living things instead of objects, that’s all.
He is a type of hunter by definition officially

Last edited: