• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So what shiny pokemon have you come across and how?

Lucky Applejack

hug a quagsire today
my first encounter with a shiny pokemon was in the third generation. i saw a shiny wingull (which i don't believe i caught), i caught a shiny poochyena (which i did catch ^_^ ), then i never saw another one (i don't believe at least) until this generation. in this generation i've seen and caught a shiny sandile (which is now a member of my pokemon party!) and i've accidentally masuda method bred both cubone and oshawott!

Tamaku

Catching 'em all.
So, you know the times in D/P where you have to travel with someone to get them somewhere?

~Zubat and (Another pokemon) Appeared!~

Mira sent out KADABRA!
Go! CROBAT!

Me: Ugh, these wild eco- HOLY SHIZZ IT'S GREEN! SHINY!! BLARGHHH!

KADABRA used Shock Wave!
It's super effective!
The wild ZUBAT fainted!
Crobat gained 15 experience points!

I just felt like going into a corner and dying.

In my whole ten years of playing Pokemon Games, I have never run into a RE shiny pokemon ):
I have a few that have been traded to me by my friends and older siblings, but never have I encountered one on my own.

I'm hoping it'll happen one day though haha. All you guys here that have had encounters are so lucky. I'm a little jealous ! (;

Skydra

I'm hoping it'll happen one day though haha. All you guys here that have had encounters are so lucky. I'm a little jealous ! (;[/SIZE]

Yeah, its really lucky that the Shiny Hariyama I found used Whirlwind.

Jessie Mulay

So, you know the times in D/P where you have to travel with someone to get them somewhere?

~Zubat and (Another pokemon) Appeared!~

Mira sent out KADABRA!
Go! CROBAT!

Me: Ugh, these wild eco- HOLY SHIZZ IT'S GREEN! SHINY!! BLARGHHH!

KADABRA used Shock Wave!
It's super effective!
The wild ZUBAT fainted!
Crobat gained 15 experience points!

I just felt like going into a corner and dying.

That sucks! I just kill the partners pokemon so they can't mess anything up.

Mellenhead

#Trainer4Life
found a shiny bidoof. named him doofus. when i loant the game to a friend the used an action replay on it...i had to restart the game file.

Myrrh

In gold(I think) I caught a shiny noctowl
In crystal I caught a shiny golbat that I don't think I ever evolved.
Encountered a shiny hoothoot in the great marsh but it fled.
I used the pokeradar to chain a shiny shinx, spoink, and while trying for absol I got a random swellow.

I never got or saw a random shiny in third gen....
I've tried to Masuda method some shiny pokemon before but the ammount of time I might spend always discourages me.

torchicflame

Big charmander fan!
shiny magby in the odd egg in crystal
gyrados in the lake or rage
random encounters of psyduck, roselia, pichu, golbat, paras, unown N
soft reseted darkrai, latios
trade 2 rotom, horsea, pachirisu
2 event pichu
2 event entei, suicune, raikou

Palkia98

Shiny Kyruem, unfortunantly, my 7 lv weaker tyranitar K-OD it -_-

It seems like a thread like this comes along every few months or so.

But I just love telling people about my shinies over 9000 times trololololololol.

I have a decent collection now. Most have been chained, I have over 60 chained pokemon, 4 were random encounters, 2 were bred via masuda method, 4 were SR'd and the rest have been obtained through a trade of some sort or event.

REs - Buneary/Lopunny, Magikarp, Sentret, Bagon/Salamence. The last two found by chaining but found in non-shiny patches.
SRd - Lugia, Ho-oh, Abra/Alakazam, Clefairy. Last two from LG game corner.
MM - Charmander/Charizard, Dratini
GTS - Eevee/Umbreon, Dialga, Gible, Relicanth, Latias <--- All Legit, they've been checked.
Trades - Machop/Machoke, Spoink/Grumpig, Kyogre, Miltank, Sinnoh caught Gyarados, Mightyena, Grimer, Turtwig, Piplup, Mudkip, Spiritomb, Ursaring, Zubat, VGC10 Eevee, VGC09 Milotic.
Events - Raikou, Entei, Suicune, Pichu/Raichu. Plus the Eevee and Milotic mentioned but they were traded for rather than obtained persoanlly.

Chained - Quite a lot. My favourites include Tyranitar, Metagross, Full Eeveelution set, Lairon, Vileplume, Furret with perfect attack, speed and naive nature, Ampharos, Camerupt with Quiet nature,no sync, Nidorino in Dive ball, Arcanine, Absol, Chansey, Ponyta and Ariados.

The Machop/Machoke and Spoink/Grumpig were traded to me from my finace who I helped chain them.

I also have one LoR Gyarados of course. :p

Oh I forgot. As of tonight I can add a shiny Deino to my traded shinies list =3 hopefully my own shiny Axew will hatch in my white version.

Last edited:

Magnegross

peepee ding dong
I remember in Emerald finding a shiny Whismur, with the green instead of gold.

Then it evolved, AND HARDLY LOOKED DIFFERENT FROM REGULAR LOUDRED.

/pout

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
In Gen IV -

GTS - Shiny Steelix
GTS - Shiny Mew

Traded my Palkia for my friend's shiny Ponyta.

Random Encounter - Shiny Caterpie, before the game lets you have Pokeballs
Red Gyrados in Hg, of course.

Gen V -

Random Encounter - Shiny Mienfoo in Victory Road. Caught it with my Master Ball.

Palkia98

Never, seen, a shiny,only one was a kyruem, only one ive evre seen, was on my friends B/W game -_-

Tnuter

Pokemon Hunter
I have found A shiny Zubat after a chain of only two pokemon a shiny zubat appeared I was like OMFG I LOVE MY LIFE!!!!!
Then today I started hunting for a shiny Tympole and I happened to run across a shiny Timburr after only 271 encounters!!

jorge022393

goldeen (heartgold) random encounter
Linoone (sapphire) random encounter
golbat (sapphire) random encounter
ponyta (heartgold) random encounter
milotic; charizard; latias; darkrai; mew; manaphy; evee (Heartgold) traded

Last edited: