1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So what would happen if your Pokeball Plus gets lost/destroyed with your starter in it?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by Muffin Man, Nov 18, 2018.

1. Muffin Man

Muffin Man Active Member

So let's say you have your Pikachu or Eevee in your Pokeball plus but then it gets stolen or lost or it breaks or whatever. Does your starter vanish forever or is there a failsafe for that scenario?

_Proteus_ likes this.
  2. GAK Attack

GAK Attack Member

I'd assume the Pokemon is gone, but the game will continue to function with the starter riding on you just like it does if you put it in your box. Even if it's not in your party, it still rides along with you for cut scene/story purposes and I'm guessing that's the case if you put it in the PokeBall Plus and don't take it out as well.

3. Kikas123

Kikas123 What 'bout My Star?

There's likely a recovery option similar to HeartGold/SoulSilver in the event of a lost PokeWalker. Not having a back up option for "finding" a lost Pokemon seems like a heartless oversight for a kids game. Although, it's a pain to find anything technical without paper instruction manuals. Google was particularly useless, lol.

4. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Pokémon aren't actually stored in the Poké Ball Plus. It's basically a shadow of your Pokémon that gets copied to the device and records your walking data, then applies that data as EXP and item rewards when you return.

5. GAK Attack

GAK Attack Member

Honestly though... this was a shock. Neither the PokeBall Plus or the game itself had any instructions/paper materials in their packaging. PokeBall just had a bare bones sheet of how to plug it in to the Switch to charge.

I also wish there was an indicator light on the ball somewhere showing the charge (even something for fully charged and then close to dying would be more helpful). I'm paranoid my controller is going to die all the time.