1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

So where & how does Pokemon LGP/E fall on the Pokemon games timeline (based on the timeline theory)?

Discussion in 'Let's Go, Pikachu & Eevee' started by SWMegaFan, Dec 6, 2018.

1. SWMegaFan

SWMegaFan Well-Known Member

I’ve been thinking about this lately. I’ve seen YouTube videos from Poketubers about this Pokemon timeline theory in the past but that was before the release of LGP/E. So far, I haven’t seen many Poketubers make videos where they try to place LGP/E in this theorized timeline regarding main series core games.

What do y’all think? What are some ideas from y’all on this?

2. BCVM22

BCVM22 Well-Known Member

Mega Evolution would loosely suggest it takes place in a continuity with the most recent core titles, young Mina loosely suggests that the continuity includes Sun & Moon or Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon.

Beyond that... the extent to which "timelines" matter in this franchise is very minimal, to the point where I'm not sure they worried about it at all (and rightly so) while developing this game beyond the references mentioned above and a role for Red and Blue (since they weren't the player character/rival this time around).

Be skeptical of anyone who tries to place it any more definitively than all of this, because I'm sure many vaunted individuals have "theories" that, however well supported, are still just fancy guesses. Be skeptical of anyone who says they have it pegged definitively.

3. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

So I do believe that LGPE exists in the Mega timeline BUUUUT...

I think the issue is people assume the mega timeline and OG timeline line up (like RGBY happening at the same time as LGPE in both timelines). As far as we're aware, XY happens at the same time as BW2 but that's the only confirmed piece.

Mina is stated to be 13-15 in her LGPE character sheet and you can't be a trial cap over the age of 20, meaning that the time between LGPE and SuMo can't be more than 8 years.

I don't really believe Game freak cares all that much about the timeline honestly but until anything is confirmed, that's my belief.

My timeline goes:
    OG timeline
    RGBY RSE > 3 years > GSC DPPt > ~5 years > BW > 2 years > BW2

Mega timeline
    LGPE > ~5-8 years > SuMoUSUM

Unknown
    XY (same time as BW2) - somewhere in that ~5-8 years (I'd say somewhere closer to the SuMoUSUM side due to Colres and Grimsley's ages but can't be certain as their ages at the point of BW in this timeline are currently unconfirmed)
    ORAS - ??? Possibly same time as XY? maybe a little earlier? Hard to tell.

4. shoz999

shoz999 Sonic's the name! Speed's my game!

Didn't someone else already made a thread about this?

Oh well. As to answer your question I think this is simply just a side-story where Red becomes the Pokemon Champion as you, Little Red and Little Green, challenge the Gyms. However it's more than likely an alternate time-line.

5. Prof. SALTY

Prof. SALTY The Scruffy Professor

This is also very likely. A third new timeline