• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

So You're Having a Bad Day! (874)

I love it when this show does this kind of episode, where the gang get's split up (usually with TR along for the ride), and two characters who already hate each others guts always end up together. In this case, Bonnie and Meowth.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
I know this was a standard separation episode but I liked it.

Bonnie and Meowth were great. I loved how they interacted as they were more like double act than enemies.

Also, Clemont's invention scene was a great touch when Pikachu and Braixen reflected Ash's and Serena's usual reflections respectively.

Finally, I found the ending quite funny.

Good episode, onto the next one!

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
I enjoy these types of episodes when the cast interacts with each other. It brings the show more life and personality~

Again I like the small recall to Meowth's story about him talking, when Bonnie brings it up. Of course she cuts it short calling the thought boring.

JudySpell

Banned
Pangoro seem to cause havoc regularly in Xy but I liked Bonnie & Meowth's little misadventures here so I can't complain much. 7/10

DatsRight

I'm sure because Meowth is such a saint...why he totally isn't and is a rotten person who was willing to let her die at the hands of the pandas at the end.

I will admit it's a bit easy to pity Meowth in this episode, getting smugly trolled over his tragic backstory and then sold out to some violent Pangoro over some fruit. Let's face it though, it's ALL a preemptive strike, especially since this is the third episode in a row the heroes got stuck with him, and we know how the previous two ended (and that's just counting XY).

And the two were comically even handed, Bonnie's attempt to lecture Meowth about sharing also failed horribly for her.

Still I liked that brief moment of cooperation when Meowth guides Dedenne about finding the remedy berry.

Pangoro seem to cause havoc regularly in Xy

Team Rocket seem to have a recurring rivalry with the Pancham line, with this, The Bamboozling Forest and Friend or Foe Alike. It kinda makes sense Jessie sparsely shows interest in capturing Serena's like her other Pokemon, since they've likely come to abhor the whole species.

Perhaps the only more recurring species rivalry with the trio outside the heroes is the Sneazel line, which again was referenced with the Showcases and their Team Flare showdown.

Last edited:

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
I think SIX groups is the most separate groups any of these split up episodes have ever featured.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
The best part of this episode is when they troll the older fans by referencing but not telling Meowth's backstory.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I liked all the reactions the Pokemon that were with Clemont had to his new invention: Pikachu was as awed as Ash would have been, Bunnelby seemed indifferent, and Braixen was completely unimpressed.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked all the reactions the Pokemon that were with Clemont had to his new invention: Pikachu was as awed as Ash would have been, Bunnelby seemed indifferent, and Braixen was completely unimpressed.

Pikachu mimicking Ash was cute, though I realize now that the whole impressed reaction gags with Clemont's machines is taken right from One Piece.

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
The rampaging Pangoros seemed kind of random, tho I liked Pikachu's sparkly eyes reaction to Clemont's invention ha ha. Bonnie and Meowth tied together and teaming up was fun, especially when Dedenne shocked Meowth. :D

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Do they really care? We older fans already know about Meowth's backstory. Why would we need to hear about it again?

Yeah, I think they're actually trolling the younger fans who may not know and may want to know.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Eureka is essentially the opposite of Nyasu, so of course hilarity ensued when she got stuck with him. The vicious wild Goronda in this episode reminded me of the wild Ringuma from Jouto, except handled much better in this case.

This is such a weird title they've picked for this episode, and I see they bowdlerized Bonnie's fortune, where the subs of the Japanese versioned mentioned "hell." If the rest of Team Rocket were mixed with either of the protagonists during the separation, then Bonnie and Meowth's unlikely combo, the main premise of this episode, wouldn't be as highly focused and entertaining as it was.