• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sobble In Possible (1143)

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
That WAS U-Turn not Baton Pass! XD
I made an edit, because I knew this would happen, but that's what I get for just reading some random comments before checking things out

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I’m a big fan of “basic stage starter meets and idolizes its final evolution episode” and I’m happy they kept that trend from SM where all the starters got to meet their final stage.

Darmanitan being the catalyst for the Galarian starters’ development is something I’m ok with since I love all of them. Watch the twist with Grookey be that it’s a Galarian Darmanitan instead. They also better let Rillaboom meet Sobble to complete the trio of the fullly evolved Galar starters being role models for Sobble.

Didn’t really care for the Ditto episode but I liked the director’s character and how he doesn’t mind that one of his stars could’ve been kidnapped lol.

Inteleon was as cool as expected. I love how it’s confident and shows off without being too cocky. Its Trainer was a standard COTD but I liked her design and role. I also liked how simple yet effective Snipe Shot looked.

A little disappointed that they didn’t use Jessie’s love for acting when they intervened so TRio are boring plot devices yet again.

My bet for a new move was either Water Pulse for a hypothetical Drizzile or Tearful Look/U Turn for Sobble so it’s cool that one of them happened. Was fine that didn’t this end with an evolution as I’m glad they’re setting up with Go training Sobble on its strengths to hopefully evolve. (which is another highlight: Go is showing more of an understanding of his Pokémon and is a good contrast to Scorbunny’s evolution episode where he completely misread its want to train)

Overall a really simple yet enjoyable episode. Journeys has been impressive this year with no bad episode so far. 10/10

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I think it's interesting to note that both Sobble and G. Farfetch'd are seemingly getting Episodes of their own slowly developing them and taking time to mature them before (hopefully)
Evolving them.

Even moreso once you remember that these two were caught around the same time

Another Raboot/Riolu situation perhaps?

If we can assume that Sobble's development "Arc" could be maybe seen as a parallel to G. Farfetch'd's Development "Arc" perhaps Sobble may have another focus Episode on the horizon more sooner than we think?

Cradily17

Inteleon finally made its debut, and it looks great here. The anime once again gave a Pokemon much-needed time in the spotlight, and I hope that continues. The spy lady was pretty as well. She and her Inteleon make a great team, so it's a shame they likely won't appear again after this.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Mythical-Moonlight

Inteleon finally made its debut, and it looks great here. The anime once again gave a Pokemon much-needed time in the spotlight, and I hope that continues. The spy lady was pretty as well. She and her Inteleon make a great team, so it's a shame they likely won't appear again after this.
I dunno. Call me nuts but I get really strong Senpei-Greninja/I'da-Primarina vibes from Jacqueline and Inteleon

I think they'll come back at least one more time later on in the series

Especially with the way Inteleon was portrayed and the Final Screen shot of the Episode makes me think we might see it again.

Also G-Max Inteleon still gotta be showcased and Jacqueline is the only one so far with an Inteleon (unless Sobble has Evolved by that point or Hop shows up with another one down the line)

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen

Dephender

Gizakawayusu
Staff member
Why was the VA for the Intelein training so terrible? It literally sounded like a asmr cooking video voiceover, all stiff and emotionless :rip:

She's voiced by Momoko Fukuchi, who's been the official "Pokemon anime ambassador" since it moved to Fridays (which uh, hasn't involved her doing a hell of a lot, really. They had her on Pokenchi back in November to promote the Mewtwo episode, but that's the only anime-related thing I recall her doing). Same way you had the previous ambassador Marie Iitoyo get a guest role in episode 1.

She's a professional actor, but this is her first time doing voice acting, so yeah.

Watershuriken97

I guess professional acting and voice acting are two really different realms.
They really are, i've been acting for about 10 years... yet now doing voice acting can feel like I'm a novice again, since i've only recently started to experiment with it.
The biggest problem is landing those first roles, since it's not that easy to try stuff out while actually developing a type of voice. But I'd really recommend trying some normal acting if you are uncomfortable in social situations, or voice acting if you have trouble projecting in general.
This concludes my ted talk XD

KurashiDragon

Well-known Dragonite Enthusiast
I enjoyed this episode. It helped me gain an appreciation for Inteleon that I couldn't get in the games. *coming from someone who chose Sobble* I like Goh playing to Sobble's strengths as a training method and I like Sobble's development throughout the episode. I doubt U-turn will be used significantly sense it's a stategic move and Goh isn't really a battler but it's nice that U-turn was the result of training Sobble in the right way. This episode was a simple but fun ride and really, that's all I can ask for in smaller episodes like these.

8/10

British Soul

Top Hat Regulator
Essay time!

Ash being clueless at the "Spy & Sniper" series is understandable as it features a pokemon newly introduced in this generation, and it's also on-brand for Ash tbph anyway. It's also nice that they brought back the director from the Ditto episode from way back in March of last year (can't believe it's been THAT long), though I will say his appreciation for improv is admirable even if it involved Team Rocket, which is another tangent in an of itself. As soon as the car rolled in during filming, I thought "this is going to be a fun twist." then it turned out to just be Team Rocket, at that point I was like "oh, of course it was". I did like the continuation of the dynamic of an evolved starter being a mentor/giving guidance to a lower stage evolution in their line, it's something that has existed for quite some time, for instance when Turtwig evolved, Paul's Torterra later taught it how to deal with the reduced speed following the battle with Honchkrow when it was unable to dodge attacks as easily, and I liked how this cultivated in Sobble's development during the episode resulting in it learning U-Turn during the final confrontation with Team Rocket which encompasses its battle style perfectly.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
More in-depth ramblings
  • No one figured to use Sobble's invisibility power during hide & seek? Sobble's used its invisibility to hide tons of times already.
  • I loved how Go focused on playing to his Pokemon's strengths while training it. Looks like he learned from his spat with Scorbunny back in episode 17.
  • I was all "Wait, didn't we have a movie plot in Vermillion already?" But they acknowledged this and brought back the director, which is great.
  • Yeah, the director's back. I completely forgot about him until the show reminded me that he appeared before. Still, I hope the show's picking up a few notes from Sun & Moon, and keeping a herd of recurring minor characters.
  • Can't imagine the movie will by any good, though; the leading actress can't act, new characters and factions pop up out of nowhere, the director is trying to mash in some found footage. Unless there are some major rewrites and editing, this story sounds like a mess.
  • In retrospect, maybe Go's Darmanitan originally attacked the gang, way back in its debut episode, just to freak them out.
  • Loved seeing all the Pokemon just play ball and have fun. I love seeing Pokemon just having fun and acting like actual animals. My personal headcanon here is that Sakuragi brought them in as enrichment toys.
  • U-Turn is a logical, if weird choice for Sobble. I think Rain Dance (semi-permanent invisibility & powers up Water Gun) or Toxic would have been better, though.
  • Wait, Sobble can't learn Toxic? Looks like a lot of Pokemon can't. SwSh just keeps finding new and unexpected ways to disappoint me.

Mythical-Moonlight

Even TEAM ROCKET are Fans of Inteleon?
Haha That's Amazing XD

Also did Team Rocket really think that Trap was going to work on Inteleon? XD
Bruh Inteleon is skinny he could easily slip through those Bars lol

Lemme get this straight.

-Sobble: "Inteleon is Awesome!"
-Goh: "Inteleon is Awesome!"
-Ash: "Inteleon is Awesome!"
-Team Rocket: Inteleon is Awesome
-Literally Everyone in the Episode who opens their mouth: "Inteleon is Cool/Awesome/Strong!!!"

I don't think I've ever seen a Pokémon get so much In-Universe shilling in a while.
Especially for one who isn't even the resident Shillmon of the Gen.

If it were Cinderace I'd understand.

But the Writer's giving Inteleon so much love and appreciation completely caught me off guard and this is coming from someone who has Inteleon as their Favorite Gen 8 Pokemon.

But like I said before it's entirely refreshing that the writers aren't just giving praise to only one Final Stage Starter.

Imagine if All Starters got treated this way evenly?
The world would be a much brighter place

Last edited: