• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sobble In Possible (1143)

Red and Blue

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I just realized something!

A lot of people have been jokingly comparing the scene where Inteleon gives Sobble a Forehead Poke to the Iconic moment in Naruto where Itachi gives Sasuke a Forehead Poke!

I didn't think much of it until I remembered who wrote the Episode

The Writer is YUKA MIYATA! The same woman who used to write on the Naruto Anime (or at least I know she wrote the movie Road to Ninja)

For all we know, Inteleon poking Sobble actually could very well be a Shout-out to Itachi and Sasuke! XD

59641a91ed06ca37feaae04aadb8fb5f.gif

Inteleon: "You lack hatred Sobble..."

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Normally, I don't mind but... Let's not ruin a sweet episode by mixing it with naruto stuff, please.

Mythical-Moonlight

Anyone else here think that this episode along with the Farfetch'd Episode should've happened WAAAY earlier on in the show?

Why they waited 20+ Episodes to give these two any development is beyond me

At least with this one I can kinda sorta understand not happening sooner since the writer's probably didn't want to Debut Inteleon too soon (even though it still showed up before Grookey did...)

There's no excuse for Farfetch'd tho

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I loved how Go focused on playing to his Pokemon's strengths while training it. Looks like he learned from his spat with Scorbunny back in episode 17.
He was training Scorbunny to its strengths in episode 17. I'm just glad that there wasn't a falling out this time.
U-Turn is a logical, if weird choice for Sobble. I think Rain Dance (semi-permanent invisibility & powers up Water Gun) or Toxic would have been better, though.
U-turn gives me hope that we will see more team tactics from Goh, given it is a switching move. It would be nice to see him use multiple pokemon in battle.
I absolutely loved the way they went about with Sobble's training in today's episode. Was so fresh to see an unique training exercise in this episode (pls give ash that too)
Also Goh developing sobble a hit and run style fits so well,
Scorbunny soccer
Farfetch'd baseball
Magicarp jump
Feebas contests
Skwovet food contest
Sobble hit and run

Its nice seeing Goh train pokemon in unconventional ways, and seeing those pokemon use their outside of standard battles.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
He was training Scorbunny to its strengths in episode 17. I'm just glad that there wasn't a falling out this time..
Yeah, though at first he was struggling to understand his Pokemon. If this was the same Goh from the beginning of that episode, he would have told Sobble that it was fine the way it was and coddled it. I'd imagine Sobble would have given in to it, too.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Yeah, though at first he was struggling to understand his Pokemon. If this was the same Goh from the beginning of that episode, he would have told Sobble that it was fine the way it was and coddled it. I'd imagine Sobble would have given in to it, too.

I think the difference between the 2 episodes was the goals of Sobble and Scorbunny.

Scorbunny wanted to learn a fire move, but all they knew was that he couldn't use ember, so Goh tried to console him.

Sobble wanted to become stronger in general, and already had clear means to do so, just needing practice.

I do think that Goh has matured since Scorbunny's evolution though.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
I think he would have babied Sobble, though. He saw Scorbunny's limits, yeah. But during this time, Goh was still coming off from his loss in the Flute Cup, where he was willing to give up battling forever because he lost once. This was all early into his run, where he was very hands-off about things.

Mythical-Moonlight

Seeing how G. Farfetch'd centric Episodes are happening so quickly within the radius of each other I really hope we get another Sobble centric Episode soon.

It's a crying shame we haven't seen Sobble since this episode and it doesn't look like he's in next week's Episode either

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Seeing how G. Farfetch'd centric Episodes are happening so quickly within the radius of each other I really hope we get another Sobble centric Episode soon.

It's a crying shame we haven't seen Sobble since this episode and it doesn't look like he's in next week's Episode either
...I take it you're just seeing the problem we've dealt with in regards to others the past 50 episodes?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Scorbunny soccer
Farfetch'd baseball
Magicarp jump
Feebas contests
Skwovet food contest
Sobble hit and run

Its nice seeing Goh train pokemon in unconventional ways, and seeing those pokemon use their outside of standard battles.

You know, now you mention... Pokeathlon would make a GREAT secundary goal/activity for Goh. We've had battlers and performers (I'm including coordinators here). Goh could stand out by being an athlete which kind of fits nicely with his story of using to be a shut-in, indoors person and all that development that issued from it.

mysticalglacia

Alola Shill
Sobble was so cute; this episode was decent. I really liked how Go and Sobble worked together to create their own battle style attuned to Sobble’s personality and its evolutionary line, instead of just forcing Sobble to battle in a way it wasn’t comfortable doing. I think the show, for all its shortcomings, does a good job at making sure we know how accommodating and supportive Go is towards his Pokémon.

I found the spy lady’s voice actress horrible though. Was that a guest appearance?

Mythical-Moonlight

I found the spy lady’s voice actress horrible though. Was that a guest appearance?
Yeah it was

She's voiced by Momoko Fukuchi, who's been the official "Pokemon anime ambassador" since it moved to Fridays (which uh, hasn't involved her doing a hell of a lot, really. They had her on Pokenchi back in November to promote the Mewtwo episode, but that's the only anime-related thing I recall her doing). Same way you had the previous ambassador Marie Iitoyo get a guest role in episode 1.

She's a professional actor, but this is her first time doing voice acting, so yeah.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
But why change Intelleon's voice if his english name is the same as the japanese one?

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Thus why it's most likely keeping its voice. They've done that with Charizard who has a whole different name in the original (Lizardon)

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
But why change Intelleon's voice if his english name is the same as the japanese one?
This is a good question, but this is not even close to the first time. They dubbed Meltan. Who does not just have the same name in both versions, but its "voice" was so heavily filtered it barely even registered as a voice to begin with. In addition to its cry literally just being "Nnn!"

EDIT: Oh wait, this is speculative? The dub is not actually out yet? mb. What I said still applies though. I fully expect Inteleon to be dubbed.