• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sobble Sobs For What Reason? (1117)

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
I thought the crying reactions of the cast including TRio were pretty neat, but I hope it won't be a trend for the future episodes as it would get old quickly, especially that Sobble belongs to Go now.

Nice episode with Go and Sobble relationship and we gotta give Go a break. I mean he's making mistakes but he's learning from them.

Kuzehiko

That moment I found a lifetime treasure
Lol what a strong red herring about Ash catching Sobble. Good episode overall. This is the kind of episodes I want for Go to be focused on. Go really has much potential.. they better don't waste it.

wellwellwells

I don’t really care about the Sobble capture since it is my least favorite Galar line. So much ugliness.
I actually had my hopes on Goh getting it so Ash could get Rapid Stryke Urshifu for his water type, but tbh that was before the farfetch’d capture and I cannot see now how the team could work with three fighting types.

I also have a question since my japanese is very limited: Was anything stated during the episode to back up Sobble being listed as “On Hand” in Serebii instead of “On Rotation/At the lab”?

Jiffunk

I will never get used to goh’s annoying dex voice....why is it always the one talking as it ash doesn’t have his own

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
That was a very good episode on account of them having to shill sobble.

At least Go acknowledged Sobble's shortcomings and finds ways to use its abilities to his advantage, unlike a certain narcoleptic owl and its equally inept trainer who did nothing to solve that problem

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
At least Go acknowledged Sobble's shortcomings and finds ways to use its abilities to his advantage, unlike a certain narcoleptic owl and its equally inept trainer who did nothing to solve that problem
You do realize that Rowlet being sleepy/sleeping during the day is not a problem unique to Ash's Rowlet but a trait shared by the entire Rowlet species, right?

Literally just read the Pokedex entries for Rowlet. Rowlet species literally stores energy during the day and is usually active during the night (you know, cuz it's an owl).

There's no problem to solve, thus your criticism is kinda silly and invalid.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
You do realize that Rowlet being sleepy/sleeping during the day is not a problem unique to Ash's Rowlet but a trait shared by the entire Rowlet species, right?

Literally just read the Pokedex entries for Rowlet. Rowlet species literally stores energy during the day and is usually active during the night (you know, cuz it's an owl).

...Except falling asleep in the middle of a very important battle after taking a beating is just unbelievable. In a bad way. No one who gets hurt like that falls asleep. It's unnatural.

Doramaru

But Ash's rowlet sleep all day and night
Still it is a strong pokemon so maybe that not a problem

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
...Except falling asleep in the middle of a very important battle after taking a beating is just unbelievable. In a bad way. No one who gets hurt like that falls asleep. It's unnatural.
Dude. This is a cartoon. In a Pokemon world. Ash should have realistically died a thousand times by now and seemingly has superhuman strength. Let's not get into what's believable or not, lmao.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Dude. This is a cartoon. In a Pokemon world. Ash should have realistically died a thousand times by now and seemingly has superhuman strength. Let's not get into what's believable or not, lmao.
That "cartoony" part was played for drama. That was the big mistake done about Rowlet then. It could have fallen asleep without the need of despair for Ash which later turned into despair for poor Hau. Like, that was awful, which I'm sure so many people here agree with.

(Though, in regards to nature, Ash really couldn't change that biologic shtick. I personally wished it wasn't done like THAT back then, though.)

CupidKirby

This thread is mess...

Not only are the repeated accusations of the episode being "boring" exhausting and come off as both dishonest and awfully convenient in its timing (because I know good and well how much this general forum disdains Goh, even passive aggressively for some, and I also know that if this episode was the exact same but with Ash in all of Goh's beats, including the "accidental capture", it would be praised, Ash would be patted on the back, and Sobble wouldn't be demonized like it is being now), but some of these posts here are atrocious on an inexcusable level beyond any relevance to this episode or even this entire series.

This applies to every episode, not just this one. And this is why I've almost completely stopped reading the episode threads here. They're toxic as hell.

I can't wait for next week when everyone calls the series trash for the millionth time because Koharu doesn't catch Pidove, Goh catches anything at all, or Ash doesn't make a continuity reference.

Last edited:

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
This applies to every episode, not just this one. And this is why I've almost completely stopped reading the episode threads here. They're toxic as hell.

I can't wait for next week when everyone calls the series trash for the millionth time because Koharu doesn't catch Pidove, Goh catches anything at all, or Ash doesn't make a continuity reference.
This thread is a special brand of mess, though. Yeah, I often find myself shaking my head at the negativity in these threads but there has just been so much blatant misinformation and people making ridiculously harsh judgements based off incorrect information in this thread in particular. Significantly more so than usual. I don't think I've seen it this bad since the battle with Hau in the Alola League.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
(Though, in regards to nature, Ash really couldn't change that biologic shtick.
Glad you understand. It's a biological thing, and users acting like Rowlet suffered from some medical disorder and Ash did nothing about it is just a very cheap and stupid way to criticize a series which has plenty of LEGIT flaws that can be criticized. Not this.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Glad you understand. It's a biological thing, and users acting like Rowlet suffered from some medical disorder and Ash did nothing about it is just a very cheap and stupid way to criticize a series which has plenty of LEGIT flaws that can be criticized. Not this.
Except we've seen Rowlet sleeping at night

Multiple times

Where is this energy it's storing during the day?

Shotgunrain

Ash catching weak Pokemon and then training them to be more confident has been done several times already, now that he’s a regional champion he doesn’t need those kind of Pokemon anymore, give me more Pokemon like Dragonite, Gengar and Galarian Farfetch’d any day. It helps to keep things fresh as well.

Not a fan of Sobble’s voice acting tbh, but I guess it’s something that I’ll have to get used to like Goh’s Rotom phone.