• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Sobble Sobs For What Reason? (1117)

J. D. Guy

This thread is mess...

Not only are the repeated accusations of the episode being "boring" exhausting and come off as both dishonest and awfully convenient in its timing (because I know good and well how much this general forum disdains Goh, even passive aggressively for some, and I also know that if this episode was the exact same but with Ash in all of Goh's beats, including the "accidental capture", it would be praised, Ash would be patted on the back, and Sobble wouldn't be demonized like it is being now), but some of these posts here are atrocious on an inexcusable level beyond any relevance to this episode or even this entire series.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
This thread is mess...

Not only are the repeated accusations of the episode being "boring" exhausting and come off as both dishonest and awfully convenient in its timing (because I know good and well how much this general forum disdains Goh, even passive aggressively for some, and I also know that if this episode was the exact same but with Ash in all of Goh's beats, including the "accidental capture", it would be praised, Ash would be patted on the back, and Sobble wouldn't be demonized like it is being now), but some of these posts here are atrocious on an inexcusable level beyond any relevance to this episode or even this entire series.
Okay, here's criticism from a person who doesn't hate Go.

This episode was boring. I thought that the crying gag was kinda annoying, and not really funny. I don't mind the fact that Go caught Sobble by accident, it was actually funny to me, but too much of the episode was wasted chasing after Sobble/the crying gag. Team Rocket's encounter with Morpeko led up to nothing, Morpeko wasn't caught and the joke of it eating all their food wasn't original either, so it all felt like a gigantic waste too.

The best part of the episode was Go's words getting to Sobble and giving him encouragement, but other than that, it was a seriously lackluster episode. And as I added, Go catching Sobble by complete accident was kinda hilarious.

diakyu

Bad episode starring a bad Pokemon, what a shock. I do wonder though if Sobble will be treated differently from Goh's other mons but that remains to be seen

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Garbage in my opinion. Total and complete garbage. Not only did Goh capture another fairly decent Pokemon for him to waste, which he will because even Raboot does very little, but they did it in such a way that it came off as nothing more than a joke and didn't even provide Goh with any character development. Oh and Morpeko amounted to nothing too, after us being led to believe that it was going to be a capture. These magazines which keep publishing incorrect information should be pulled or prevented from printing any spoilers in future, since they completely messed up every capture in the past couple of episodes.

Now then, judging by the previous state of this thread, I'm sure people will moan about my opinion and call me names for not acting like everything in this anime is perfect, but at least I'm honest and will openly criticise parts of the anime that I disagree with and/or dislike.. and I'm also not saying that people shouldn't like it either, unlike those who are telling people with negative opinions that they're wrong. I guess I'm just more open to other people's opinions than some?

PAndrews

Bad episode starring a bad Pokemon, what a shock. I do wonder though if Sobble will be treated differently from Goh's other mons but that remains to be seen

Thats would be the icing on the cake of trolling by the writers.

First months of "Ash gets it" only for a last minute "lol no, we're gonna give a weakling Pokemon with a dream of getting strong to the kid who doesn't train his Pokemon or really care about them beyond collecting them all", followed by an accidental capture. The only way to truly complete the trolling would be to make it a Cubone 2.0 and barely be seen again

Rune Knight

I haven't watched the episode yet so I don't have enough context to work with. Regardless, I'm thinking that maybe Go will hand Sobble over to Chloe unless something happened in the episode that totally dismisses the possibility.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
If they changed her backstory
She's had it since she was five~
What needs to change? No one getting a Morpeko today (Ash and Go not seeing it at all) means she can show up with hers.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
This thread is mess...

Lol hell no. Ash never throws first and asks questions later, he would never capture it like that and I wouldn't praise it if he did. Go was trash this episode sorry not sorry.

STICKTOPIA

This has got to be one of the most disgraceful episodes I’ve ever seen. If they were gonna troll us and make Goh catch sobble, they could have at least made some effort into the episode. Who just rushes to capture an upset and sad Pokémon like that? What was the point with the battle of silicobra? The whole battle against TR was useless too. I feel the huge lack of effort here and that’s what makes this capture the more upsetting. If it was the other way around and ash caught the sobble in the same way, at least we know it’ll get the training and development. Who knows the outcome with sobble? I’m pretty sure Goh will keep it on his team but that’s about it. Goh might as well catch Grookey at this point. I won’t be pleased if Ash gets it. Also on a side note, Raboot looked like it could have been Ash’s Pokémon in the end when it was standing next to him, Pikachu, and riolu.

STICKTOPIA

This thread is mess...

I’m sorry but the way Goh captured it was completely trashy. He could have at least waited till the end of the episode to capture sobble. He just rushed to capture a sad Pokémon without even trying to figure it out first. He didn’t even try to bond with it after capturing it. He put it to battle right away and look at that outcome. All he did after capturing it was trying to capture another Pokémon. And he failed at that. I’ve never seen anything like that in my entire life. That was very disgraceful.

Garbage in my opinion. Total and complete garbage. Not only did Goh capture another fairly decent Pokemon for him to waste, which he will because even Raboot does very little, but they did it in such a way that it came off as nothing more than a joke and didn't even provide Goh with any character development. Oh and Morpeko amounted to nothing too, after us being led to believe that it was going to be a capture. These magazines which keep publishing incorrect information should be pulled or prevented from printing any spoilers in future, since they completely messed up every capture in the past couple of episodes.

Now then, judging by the previous state of this thread, I'm sure people will moan about my opinion and call me names for not acting like everything in this anime is perfect, but at least I'm honest and will openly criticise parts of the anime that I disagree with and/or dislike.. and I'm also not saying that people shouldn't like it either, unlike those who are telling people with negative opinions that they're wrong. I guess I'm just more open to other people's opinions than some?
you spoke the words very perfectly and I couldn’t have said it any better.
Man, sounds like most of you could use an antidote, because you're all filled with toxicity!

Sorry, that's meant to be a joke. Please don't take offence.
no antidote in the world is going to cure this toxicity. And no offense taken.

Zweilous

Go-ing for Gold
Surprise surprise, I liked the episode.

The capture was funny. I can see why people might not like it, but I don't think every major capture has to be be some deep and meaningful event that happens at the end of the episode, with the sun setting in the background. It was a funny capture and because happened early, we got to see how Sobble acted with Go.

Sobble was actually better than I expected. I thought it wouldn't battle at all, that it'd be this wimp who cried all the time. But no, it still fought despite being timid. And the invisibility can be a very fun gimmick. The crying gag will get real old if they keep doing it all the time though. And this show runs gags into the ground, so. (Though I'd love there to be a running gag where people and Pokemon keep accidentally hitting it while it's invisible.)

So I like Go's goal, but think the overuse of Go-style captures is lame. So seeing him battle with Sobble was nice. He should battle more. Between this and catching his second Magikarp, I hope they're starting to shake it up a little. And maybe give Raboot a little more. Has it even said spoke in like 5 episodes?

Now, on the whole Ash/Sobblr debate: I get rhe reasons why people frustrated. I really do. Most of the criticisms I've seen are pretty fair. And I think Sobble could have still worked on his team. But I'm more happy with Go having it, and I'm glad they're not wasting slots on Ash's team for starters yet again.

Also, what the hell was Riolu doing? Just randomly digging? That's dogs for you, I guess.

I liked the episode, though it was a generic capture episode so it wasn't anything impressive. It sold me on the Sobble species, at least. But now it makes me sad that this cool Pokemon evolves into a hideous, gangle thing like Inceleon.

Rohanator

If you don't understand Japanese you should probably wait for subs before you scream over the episode. Gou didn't "rush to capture a sad Pokemon", he literally didn't know Sobble was there. When he thought it was he talked to it all calmly and asked if it'd like to join him, and not getting a response assumed it wasn't there and just did a basic "aww maan" throw of frustration and went "IT WAS THERE?" when his Rotomphone reacted. Complete accident.

And he realized that using it for battling when he didn't really understand its feelings was a mistake too, and something about the battle (I gotta rewatch to make sure later but it was probably something about knowing when to run away) gave him reason to call Sobble strong in front of TR which inspired it.

Usually capture episodes show how perfect and worth following a trainer is, by making Gou Sobble's trainer early they could show how a trainer can be flawed but still be worth following.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
If you don't understand Japanese you should probably wait for subs before you scream over the episode. Gou didn't "rush to capture a sad Pokemon", he literally didn't know Sobble was there. When he thought it was he talked to it all calmly and asked if it'd like to join him, and not getting a response assumed it wasn't there and just did a basic "aww maan" throw of frustration and went "IT WAS THERE?" when his Rotomphone reacted. Complete accident.

And he realized that using it for battling when he didn't really understand its feelings was a mistake too, and something about the battle (I gotta rewatch to make sure later but it was probably something about knowing when to run away) gave him reason to call Sobble strong in front of TR which inspired it.

Usually capture episodes show how perfect and worth following a trainer is, by making Gou Sobble's trainer early they could show how a trainer can be flawed but still be worth following.

THIS. Thank you. One of the reasons I appreciate Goh is because he is flawed, the show knows that. He's a character with a flawed personality who's slowly developing. That's why I like him as a character even though I'm not a big fan of how they are handling his goal rn. Interested to see where it turns out.

nuzamaki90

This episode was meh. Go caught Sobble on accident cuz his corny Ash friendship speech seemed to not have worked at first. That was legitimately jaw dropping. It’s like this show is self aware.

Morpeko was an absolute tease for no legitimate reason I can think of. Sort of glad they are most likely saving it from Marnie but also put off by how much the guy has been shown in media.

Oh and Lol is Sobble saying sorry whenever it starts crying?

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
So many salty people in this thread lol. Welp Go "accidentally" caught the worst Galar Starter. Now let's see what becomes of Grookey, which I don't really care who it goes to too much, but I'm teetering more towards Ash due to how well it fits him.
I rate this episode a 5/10, not too bad and not too good either.

Last edited: