• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

~Nicole~

Banned
Is there a reason why when I had a CM with Barcelona in FIFA 13 Professional was so damn easy I had to up it to World Class ( where it was still so easy I won everything and thrashed Real Madrid 4-0 ) so I had to again up it to Legendary where finally it was a challenge? But when I play on Legendary with Chelsea in the Premier League I get thrashed 5-1 by Wigan Atheltic then when I put it back down to Professional it's still really hard :(

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Probably has something to do with the teams in the Premier League being on more of an even footing than they are in Primera Division.

Armando Payne

^You're forgetting something, Barcelona are a Behemoth, they are a God among men, Chelsea are a lucky team who wins and wins, comparing Barcelona to any team is like comparing a Lamborghini with a Reliant Robin, or a Picasso with one of my paintings.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
lol. it's interesting how teams that beat barca are only "lucky" and when barca wins it's pure skill, but when other teams win it's only luck.

Just out of curiosity: are you an AIK fan? Saw your location so that's why i'm asking.

By the way, i totally agree with you. But it doesn't just happen in Spain i'm afraid. Happens all over the continent. Here in the Netherlands it's Ajax, in Spain it's Barca, in Germany it's Bayern, and in England the big four (or whatever's left of them, considering how Liverpool is doing these days).

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Just out of curiosity: are you an AIK fan? Saw your location so that's why i'm asking.

By the way, i totally agree with you. But it doesn't just happen in Spain i'm afraid. Happens all over the continent. Here in the Netherlands it's Ajax, in Spain it's Barca, in Germany it's Bayern, and in England the big four (or whatever's left of them, considering how Liverpool is doing these days).

City have taken Liverpool's place in the big four- Arsenal are just hanging on in there.

In my opinion Chelsea are still a very good team. Definite title contenders.

Zantera

Nope I'm not. AIK is from Stockholm and I'm from Gothenburg, so out of the Swedish teams I'm rooting for a team called IFK Gothenburg. :p

7 tyranitars

Actualy here in the Netherlands we have a so called enternal top 3. With Ajax, Psv and Feyenoord, But you can argue Feyenoord lost that spot to FC Twente.

Armando Payne

^Well any team that loses 10-0 doesn't deserve to be eternal, but that was 3 years ago if I recall correctly? (Either 2009 or 2010)

~Nicole~

Banned
At times like this I wish I was still living in Barcelona :( We're playing against Alaves in the Copa del Rey tomorrow and most likely I can't watch the frickin' the game because Trinidad and Tobago is so crappy they won't show the match because Alaves is a barely known team with probably 10 fans lol.

On the bright side I'll put $500,0000 which I don't have on Alaves 0-8 Barcelona!

In other news Messi collected his Golden Boot today, said that his greatest wish is to retire at Barcelona ( YAY! ) and the guys got their official team photo taken!

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
The shortlists for the Ballon d'Or and Coach of the Year have been released.

In my opinion, Robin van Persie should win the Ballon d'Or. He was the Premier League top scorer with around 30 goals and stood out as one of the top players last season. People will argue that Messi or Ronaldo should win it because they had great seasons as well. The thing is, though, that's the norm for them. Nobody would expect anything less. Other players should have their achievements recognised once in a while.

I think Roberto di Matteo should win Coach of the Year because he had around half a season to turn Chelsea around and win some trophies. He ended up with both the FA Cup and Champions League. Impressive.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Arsenal take on Reading later. I can see it being a struggle but the Gunners will snatch a 2-1 win.

May as well get my predictions in:

Leeds United 3-1 Southampton
Reading 1-2 Arsenal
Sunderland 2-2 Middlesbrough (Middlesbrough pens)
Swindon 1-2 Aston Villa
Wigan 5-1 Bradford

Chelsea 3-3 Man Utd (Man Utd pens)
Norwich 0-1 Tottenham
Liverpool 3-1 Swansea

Cups going on all over the continent today though, including in Spain, Germany, France, Netherlands, Scotland, Russia and so on. I still think the FA Cup is one of the best cups in the world though, purely due to the lack of any sort of seeding and the potential for anyone to face anyone, just makes it more exciting in my opinion.

Armando Payne

^ and the fact that it has the best team in the world WALSALL FC BAY BEH YAH.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Nope I'm not. AIK is from Stockholm and I'm from Gothenburg, so out of the Swedish teams I'm rooting for a team called IFK Gothenburg. :p

Oh okay, apologies if i insulted you then. :p I was wondering since my team played against AIK last thursday. I also heard AIK isn't very popular because of their arrogance? We have clubs like that here too.

^Well any team that loses 10-0 doesn't deserve to be eternal, but that was 3 years ago if I recall correctly? (Either 2009 or 2010)

I was in the stadium during that match. Best. Match. EVER. Nowadays, everytime we score a goal against Feyenoord we yell: ''10, 10, 10, 10, 10, 10''. Incredibly funny, lol.

~Nicole~

Banned
Well, DirecTV are showing it actually, and at half time it's Alaves 0-1 Barcelona! Iniesta again showing that he is the MASTER at seeing what others cannot AND that he is right up there with Xavi in terms of passing the ball with a wonderful ball through to Villa who is never going to miss a 1 on 1! Messi hasn't started either, so when he comes on you can bet your life this is going to be a slaughter,lol.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Reading 4-5 Arsenal with 15 minutes of extra time to go! From being 4-0 down Arsenal are now in front. Ha. Madness at the Madejski.

Reading 5-7 Arsenal FT. Best game in league cup history?

Last edited: