• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Armando Payne

^Yeah but they're Celtic, they're Scottish, Scottish teams aren't good in football.

Armando Payne

^Yeah but say if Middlesborough beat Manchester United, that'll be a shock and that's what basically happened.

Armando Payne

^OK, maybe you're right, they're more of a Nottingham Forest.

Hilda

^OK, maybe you're right, they're more of a Nottingham Forest.

Come on mannn, there is more to it than getting all the good players with money and using them to win everything. Celtic has spirit, hard-core fans, its own will...etc By he way, I am not Scottish nor I ever been there, I am judging without bias.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Barcelona are a vastly superior side. Barcelona were expected to win. I hoped that Celtic would win but I didn't think they would.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
I hoped Barca would score first, just to make the match more interesting to watch. Though I feel happy for Celtic they won.

By the way, for the Dutch guys, I'm Dutch too and my favorite club is Vitesse with a close second being PSV, thus so far I'm enjoying the season ;)

Armando Payne

In other news, Walsall played football again, and they screwed up, again. Basically if the day ends in day, then Walsall will lose.

Armando Payne

I chose Nottingham Forest cause they both won the European Cup then haven't really done anything else.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Man, we just cannot beat Fulham in recent years. Then again recently we can't seem to be able to beat anyone! Arsenal can only get better, what better time to do it then next week against the Spuds?

Though it was a good day for my stepdad's old employers Watford, thrashing Leeds 6-1, so that perked me up a bit.

Due to my recent annoying insomnia I've actually been staying up to watch the Major League Soccer playoffs, and it's provided some surprisingly entertaining fare, especially the New York vs. D.C. ties. D.C. won 2-1 over two legs but that doesn't tell the whole story, the first game featured two own goals (including one where the D.C. keeper dragged the ball over the goal line, whoops) and a missed penalty from D.C., in addition to a hilarious red card where a D.C. player threw the ball at the ref(!?). In the second game it was New York's turn to miss a penalty, which had to be retaken, one more red card for each team and a late winner for D.C.. Quality wise it's not the best fare you'll ever see but it sure can be entertaining.

I was also pleasantly surprised at the amount of famous Premier League players that ply their trade now in MLS. Robbie Keane bangs in goes for fun at LA. I was also unaware Tim Cahill was now at New York, though he didn't really do much when I watched him. Shame to see the legend that is Theirry Henry not at his best for New York either.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
It's come to the point where I'm genuinely surprised when Arsenal win.

Rezzo

Occasionally
Spurs are currently holding a lead away at Manchester City. Knowing the citizens they'll probably come back in the dying minutes, like they've done in almost every game so far this season.

I spoke too soon eh

Last edited:

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Finally, after all these weeks.. PSV has managed to grab first position in the Dutch Eredivisie. They won 5-1 against Heerenveen (thank me later ''7 tyranitars'' ;) ), Vitesse and Twente played 0-0 so it has been a good weekend for my team.

Also, congrats to Celtic. A bit late i admit but still, an impressive accomplishment.

Last edited:

Armando Payne

^I've noticed that Dutch teams seem to score more goals then other teams, there's always at least one team scoring 4 every week.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Yeah, even the lower ranked teams. There was a 4-1, 2-4, 5-2, and our 5-1 this weekend so yes, a lot of goals. I didn't know this before but my team managed to score 42 goals until now. And we're only at 1/3 of the competition. Our only weakness are our defenders... They're among the weakest defenders in our league. At least that's what every says. And to be honest, even as a PSV-fan, i have to agree. .____.