• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Yeah, even the lower ranked teams. There was a 4-1, 2-4, 5-2, and our 5-1 this weekend so yes, a lot of goals. I didn't know this before but my team managed to score 42 goals until now. And we're only at 1/3 of the competition. Our only weakness are our defenders... They're among the weakest defenders in our league. At least that's what every says. And to be honest, even as a PSV-fan, i have to agree. .____.

If there are so many big results in the Dutch league then it can't be just PSV's defence that's lacking. :p

7 tyranitars

Finally, after all these weeks.. PSV has managed to grab first position in the Dutch Eredivisie. They won 5-1 against Heerenveen (thank me later ''7 tyranitars'' ;) ), Vitesse and Twente played 0-0 so it has been a good weekend for my team.

Also, congrats to Celtic. A bit late i admit but still, an impressive accomplishment.

Yeahhhhh!! :D Good to see PSV leading aswell.

PSV's defence isn't the weakest of the competition but it certainly isn't great either. I personaly thinkFeyenoord has one of the better defences in the league with martens indi, mathijsen, janmaat and de vrij.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Yeahhhhh!! :D Good to see PSV leading aswell.

PSV's defence isn't the weakest of the competition but it certainly isn't great either. I personaly thinkFeyenoord has one of the better defences in the league with martens indi, mathijsen, janmaat and de vrij.

Especially Martins Indi and De Vrij, those two are among the best defenders in our league. Maybe Douglas of FC Twente and the goalkeeper of FC Utrecht but Ninjames is right, there are many lacking defenders in our competition. Most of the time it's just hoping your attacking players have a good day, so you don't have to rely on your bad defences.

Manectrifier

AKA Treecko
Well if you look at the numbers, PSV's defense isn't that bad. They're in third place of 'least goals against', after twente and vitesse with only 10 goals against them. PSV's defense sometimes looks very weak, but they don't get many goals against them. Talking about defenders, I think Kashia of Vitesse is a really strong, reliable defender. And for the others, I agree with ???2, especially on Douglas and de Vrij. Though it's also the culture in the Netherlands, where many teams focus more on offence than defence. Examples are Heracles, VVV and Roda JC.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Well if you look at the numbers, PSV's defense isn't that bad. They're in third place of 'least goals against', after twente and vitesse with only 10 goals against them. PSV's defense sometimes looks very weak, but they don't get many goals against them. Talking about defenders, I think Kashia of Vitesse is a really strong, reliable defender. And for the others, I agree with ???2, especially on Douglas and de Vrij. Though it's also the culture in the Netherlands, where many teams focus more on offence than defence. Examples are Heracles, VVV and Roda JC.

I KNEW i forgot someone, Guram Kashia is a good defender indeed. And yes our culture prefers to focus more on attacking and defending, which is why teams can score so many goals in our competition. Sure the skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but the excitement and fun is at least as high as in those two competitions. It keeps getting harder to predict the winner.

7 tyranitars

I KNEW i forgot someone, Guram Kashia is a good defender indeed. And yes our culture prefers to focus more on attacking and defending, which is why teams can score so many goals in our competition. Sure the skill level isn't as high as in England or Spain, but the excitement and fun is at least as high as in those two competitions. It keeps getting harder to predict the winner.

Last year was insane, but I think it will be between Psv and Twente this year. If Ajax doesn't pull of the same trick it did last 2 years. Vitesse got a great team aswell and I am certain they will end up high in the fixtures but they won't win it.

Armando Payne

Walsall faced a non-league team in the first round, again and they lost, again.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Bought tickets to see Brentford vs. Milton Keynes next month. I haven't been to an exciting game in way too long! Just seems to be 1-0's these days. But it'll be another ground off my list, and it's my new closest league team being as it's a ten minute tube ride away.

Premier League predictions:

Arsenal 3-3 Tottenham
Liverpool 1-0 Wigan
Man City 3-0 Aston Villa
Newcastle 0-2 Swansea
QPR 2-1 Southampton
Reading 0-0 Everton
West Brom 1-1 Chelsea
Norwich 1-2 Man Utd
Fulham 0-0 Sunderland
West Ham 3-0 Stoke

Also I could care less about anything England do today.

7 tyranitars

Half time at the Netherlands - Germany, it is 0-0

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Holy s***, Ibrahimovic has just scored the best goal I've ever seen. I don't even know how he did that. That goal was so good I'm not even bothered England are about to lose 4-2.

7 tyranitars

0-0 the Netherlands - germany, well atleast we didn't lose.

Bobski

Let's do our best!
So, I think this might be Palace's year. If we can keep Zaha past january & the unbeaten run until the new year, then happy days!

Mr SPYDA

YES! YES! YES!
Ibra is my favorite footballer & Barcelona are my favorite team, so that one season he played for FCB was like heaven to me, too bad his FCB journey ended too freaking soon :(

Armando Payne

WALSALL DIDN'T LOSE, FIRE THE FLYING PIGS, HALLE-FREAKIN'-LUJAH. Also West Brom won, so yeah.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
What a great day. Maybe our 5-2 win earlier had something to do with it.

Goals everywhere though, including great wins for Southampton, Reading and West Brom.

Bobski

Let's do our best!
I was kinda dreading today's game, knowing Derby have been decent. But 3-0 weren't a bad result tbh