• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I disagree, PSG had some very strong periods in the game and a tie was not completly undeserved

Valdes sure screwed up with PSG's equaliser, the last kick of the game as well. Could be a costly mistake.

Nightmareisalive

I disagree, PSG had some very strong periods in the game and a tie was not completly undeserved

I' m not saying it's not deserved but when you look at them they did have an element of luck in them. First one could of been given for offside and the second came from a mistake by Valdes both quite lucky to get. PSG did deserve the draw though I don' t think they can get anything at the Nou Camp Barcelona usually turn up the heat there.

Nightmareisalive

So a mixed night for English teams in the europa league. Chelsea won 3-1 with Torres scoring 2, Spurs drew 2-2 and Newcastle lost to Benfica 3-1. Biggest news being Bale Getting injured. Does anyone seeing Spurs slipping out of the top 4? I do with Bale and other players injured and some tough games coming up against Everton and city I see then losing pace with the other teams.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Bale might only miss a couple of games, his injury isn't thought to be serious.

In other news I heard that Paolo di Canio is planning on starting 11 right-wingers against Chelsea.

*ba dum tsh*

Hilda

The CL semi-finalers are not too hard to guess right now. I wonder if the next draw will be rigged like the previous rounds. A guy called Ahmet Çakar drew the same draw of the CL and EL quarter-finals onl live tv a few weeks ago. Not nice of UEFA to not pit the 4 faves against each other so they can get more revenue in the next rounds.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
So, ridiculously, it is feasable for Bayern Munich to clinch the Bundesliga today. Just to underline how insanely good they have been all season, they have not dropped a point since the fourteenth of December, and have only dropped nine league points at all, with only one defeat, that coming at home to Leverkusen. Also since that date, they have won all but one game in EVERY competition, with that exception being the home defeat to Arsenal in the UCL second leg. Needless to say, they are still on for a domestic treble (quadruple if you count the Super Cup), a feat they so nearly achieved a few years ago.

Nightmareisalive

So, ridiculously, it is feasable for Bayern Munich to clinch the Bundesliga today. Just to underline how insanely good they have been all season, they have not dropped a point since the fourteenth of December, and have only dropped nine league points at all, with only one defeat, that coming at home to Leverkusen. Also since that date, they have won all but one game in EVERY competition, with that exception being the home defeat to Arsenal in the UCL second leg. Needless to say, they are still on for a domestic treble (quadruple if you count the Super Cup), a feat they so nearly achieved a few years ago.

One of the few teams to off improved since last season. Seems losing to Chelsea in the champions league final has really spurred them on. I'm hoping they get either Barcelona or Real Madrid next round now that would be games worth watching. I wouldn't count out Bayern taking Barcelona's title as the worlds best team soon.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Here's a strange little story; Barnsley were forced to borrow and wear Crystal Palace's away kit in their game at Selhurst Park because the referee deemed Barnsley's home and away kits too similar to Palace's home kit. One wonders why Palace didn't wear their away kit and Barnsley their home kit which is what they did earlier on in the season...

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
AND FOLKS BAYERN MUNICH ARE THE CHAMPIONS OF GERMANY!!!! Hehehe, good on Bayern :)

Quickest domestic title win and only 13 goals conceded all season. Bayern are simply incredible and with Pep taking over next season, who knows how good Bayern will be.

Back to the Premier League and some good key games today, Tottenham v Everton and QPR v Wigan. Two important games at both ends of the table. As an Arsenal fan, I want Spurs to drop points and I think QPR are as good as gone if they don't win today. Looking forward to seeing what drama unfolds.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
As soon as Adebayor stepped up to take that penalty I knew he was going to miss. Dear oh dear.

Typical because Adebayor is crap. Maybe it's because I'm an Arsenal fan but he really is just an average player at best. But now Tottenham are out, they'll be focused on the league again but I hope Man City do us a favour and beat them as well as Arsenal to see off Norwich too.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
The Champions League semis were going to be tasty either way. I'm predicting a Bayern Munich and Borussia Dortmund final, now that would be something. And I predict that on the basis that Bayern Munich are in the best form in Europe (that I know of, aka the top ten European leagues) and that Borussia Dortmund are still unbeaten in the competition. But of course it's foolish to write off Barcelona and Real Madrid and it could also easily be an El Classico final which would be equally tasty, I just don't think it'll happen.

As for the Europa, Benfica against Chelsea for the final would seem to be the obvious outcome but you never know, both semis will be tight regardless of the outcome.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
The thing with having a Barcelona-Real Champions League final is that it would just descend into chaos, there's too much hostility between the two. Putting the biggest trophy in club football between them would only make things worse. I'd prefer a Dortmund-Bayern final.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I'd rather see a Bayern vs Real final. Two solid teams on paper and could go either way and Benfica vs Chelsea would make an interesting contest in the Europa League.

This is a very nice draw. Borussia Dortmund and Real Madrid, on paper, Madrid should win the tie, but matches arent won on paper. Borussia dortmund have fought, played with heart and deserve to be where they are. I would really like Borussia Dortmund to go out and beat Madrid like in the group stages.
As for that other little match.. Bayern Munich.. Barcelona.. Meh. But honestly, this will be the best from United and Real :D. I couldnt sperate the two. While Munich have Ribery, Robben, Sweinstieger etc. I do think little leo will be the difference. So a Barca vs. Dortmund final. A final Borussia Dortmund and Jurgen Klopp (only mentioned because of the supercool name) deserve to win. (I love barca too)