• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Looks like I jinxed Shakhtar by mentioning how good their record is, as they drop points for only the second time this season and have to wait a bit longer for the league title.

Things like Suarez's bite just make me question the intelligence of some football players, are they somehow unaware there are cameras EVERYWHERE that picks up even the smallest thing you do?

Nightmareisalive

Whenever I look at Suarez now I'm gonna be reminded of this little fella:

1319557546.jpg

And when i ever see that little fella I'm going to reminded of Suarez.

It like him though almost goes a whole season with being banned for something stupid. He can't have that now :p
At least it gives us a lot of Jokes until the next round of matches.

Ninjames

NOT JACK WILSHIRE
Suarez has been charged by the FA. Can't say I'm surprised, the FA had little choice. I'm predicting a four game ban.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Suarez has been charged by the FA. Can't say I'm surprised, the FA had little choice. I'm predicting a four game ban.

They should just ban for the rest of the year and get fined.

Man Utd 3-0 up with a RvP hat-trick and coasting to a 20th league title as much as I hate the sound of it.

Armando Payne

United win their 20th title after demolishing some crappy Blue Square Bet South side.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Reportedly, Bayern Munich have signed Mario Goetze from Borussia Dortmund by activating his release clause for £32 million. He'll join the squad in the summer. That's a good signing for Bayern but that is a kick in the teeth for Dortmund, espeically now, since they're play Real Madrid tomorrow in the Champions League semi-final.

Speaking for the semi-final, Munich play Barca tonight at home. I'm predicting a 2-1 win for Bayern.

Fenix

Tremulant
Man, so glad Barcelona got trashed tonight. Totally deserved win by Bayern, which played brilliantly. Barca players also made at least 3 handballs in their penalty area but the referee didnt seem to care all that much... as always.

Armando Payne

I loved this result mainly because Barca's illusions of grandeur has finally been realised as just that, an illusion.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

How about till the end of the season. I remember him vamping Otman Bakkal back in Holland, those were the days!

Man, so glad Barcelona got trashed tonight. Totally deserved win by Bayern, which played brilliantly. Barca players also made at least 3 handballs in their penalty area but the referee didnt seem to care all that much... as always.

Completely agree.. Barça's reign is finally over. Kassai could've done a much better job, because honestly, Robben's goal had an illegal block preceding it and Gomez' wasn't in game either.

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
Looks like the power shifted a little to Germany tonight. It was a very good result.

It was also good news for my team who went one step closer to securing our Championship status.

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
Looks like the power shifted a little to Germany tonight. It was a very good result.

It was also good news for my team who went one step closer to securing our Championship status.

Good win against Millwall espeically since Blackburn was a goal down and I'm happy that Bayern won, they put Barca to the sword. I guess Bayern are Wembley bound for a back to back finals appearance!

Nightmareisalive

Well that was embarrassing for barca. Really though no one to blame but themselves. Their defense even when it has its best line up always looks ready to make a mistake and their keeper is not the most reliable. I don't understand why they don't press like they used to. It was always tough even for top teams to go against barca because besides all the passing when they lost the ball they did everything in their power to try and get it back. It usually worked and if it didn't the other team was forced to back pass and couldn't get forward. Maybe the title of the greatest team ever has got to their egos and they feel they don't have to. And Messi looks like a problem to. They need him to play at his best to win and no other player looks like they want to work and try to win without him.

7 tyranitars

Haha, Amazing to see Barca getting trashed like that. Now if only the same would happen to Real today.

The Benmeister

Master of Magnet
Methinks it's Bayern Munich's time for a few years. I've always said the German league was one of my favourites just because it is, mostly, the model for how a league needs to be run, except with maybe Hoffenheim. Let's just hope it doesn't turn into a two horse, or even a one horse league like La Liga seems to have mostly become.

Dortmund to win 2-1 tonight.

Well eventful week in football so far :D
The Suarez bite- Ban him for the rest of the season. Seriously, he bit Branislav Ivanovic! Keyword BIT. Liverpool fans are constantly trying to defend him. Yes, he is good but he is EVIL and RACIST.
20th league- Well done United! It wasnt really the matter of WHO for this years prem just WHEN. Im extremely happy that united have won but the champions league places and relegation zone is still being contested lol. (Well one place anyway)
Munich VS Barca- As much as i like barca, last night turned into a guess how many goals Bayern would score. Of course there is the debate about the foul on Alexis Sanchez and Mueller being offside. But barca were hammered due to Messi, Xavi and others having below par perfomances (Iniesta was OK). Barca now need a MIRACLE.

And as for tonight, I hope Borussia Dortmund beat Madrid.

Armando Payne

^No. It's cool, cool cool cool. Tell me do you want an underdog to win or some crappy rich team?