• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
I'd like to see how Chelsea improve this season. A bunch of amazing talent waiting in behind Mou, such as De Bruyne, Oscar, Hazard, Schurrle, Van Ginkel, Wallace, Lukaku and the other new players who just came back from loan. I also like to see how Mou rotate the squad.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Well I'd imagine some of them might go out on loan... They're all young and Chelsea have so many midfielders.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Well, idk. Maybe they will play in the reserves? I'm not sure. Also, Hilario (37) has extended his contract with Chelsea until the end of the season.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Well, idk. Maybe they will play in the reserves? I'm not sure. Also, Hilario (37) has extended his contract with Chelsea until the end of the season.

Well does that mean Courtois is staying at Athletico for another year then?

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Yes, Courtois will remain stay on Atletico. He didn't want to leave yet.

I think Lukaku can be the new Drogba. And Mou can make that happen imo.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Yes, Courtois will remain stay on Atletico. He didn't want to leave yet.

I think Lukaku can be the new Drogba. And Mou can make that happen imo.

I see. And yes. Unless Mourinho is planning on bringing Drogba back (wouldn't put it past him) then Lukaku is probably thier best striker.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Mirallas is also Belgian, he's good enough I think. But he's not too young anymore. Well PL is a new destination for Belgian players I think. Hazard, De Bruyne, Fellaini, Dembele, Vermaelen, Kompany, Mignolet, Mirallas, Lukaku, Benteke are in PL now. It's about 3/4 from Belgium starting XI.

ToeyJoey

The Count
This is exactly why I'm tipping Belgium for a trophy in the coming years. Just look at their players...

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Happens a lot players, even the best.

Valencia has their eyes on Torres. I don't think Chelsea would let him go.

I doubt Torres will become as good as during his best days @ Liverpool. But i guess there's only one way to know for sure. The same could be said about Marco van Ginkel who went from Vitesse to Chelsea. He was good at Vitesse, but Chelsea is a far bigger club. I think the guy has no chance of getting to play often. He'll just be benched, earn his money and then leave without any real experience.

Nightmareisalive

I doubt Torres will become as good as during his best days @ Liverpool. But i guess there's only one way to know for sure. The same could be said about Marco van Ginkel who went from Vitesse to Chelsea. He was good at Vitesse, but Chelsea is a far bigger club. I think the guy has no chance of getting to play often. He'll just be benched, earn his money and then leave without any real experience.

Quite common that. Most players when they have money thrown at their face would willingly sit on a bench and spend years doing nothing except picking up money. It's sad since most people would trade a lot to have the talent some footballers have and just to play the game. Marco Van Ginkel may get some chances with Mou in charge. He does like to rotate his team when there are bigger matches coming up though the Chelsea midfield is very strong. He could probably end up out on loan at some stage. It will either be a breakthrough for his career or a pitfall.

Nightmareisalive

An inside source for Arsenal is saying that the contract extension option given to Wenger may be removed from the table. Word is the board are unhappy with the lack of spending and want players added to strengthen the squad with funds ready to be spent. It is also said the board are also unhappy with other things with Wenger's dealing with transfers, he is being very difficult to work with on transfers and behavior on the training ground such as lack of focus on the defense.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
Quite common that. Most players when they have money thrown at their face would willingly sit on a bench and spend years doing nothing except picking up money. It's sad since most people would trade a lot to have the talent some footballers have and just to play the game. Marco Van Ginkel may get some chances with Mou in charge. He does like to rotate his team when there are bigger matches coming up though the Chelsea midfield is very strong. He could probably end up out on loan at some stage. It will either be a breakthrough for his career or a pitfall.

I am putting my money on a pitfall. There's no way in hell Marco will become an important player to Chelsea. Mostyoung players from the Dutch competition who went to the big clubs in England, suffered that fate. I doubt Marco's fate will be any different.

Nightmareisalive

I am putting my money on a pitfall. There's no way in hell Marco will become an important player to Chelsea. Mostyoung players from the Dutch competition who went to the big clubs in England, suffered that fate. I doubt Marco's fate will be any different.

That is disappointing the Eredivisie has been a good place for young players to grow and become much better, it's sad many chase after money first chance they get especially some of the younger dutch players. Doesn't help the national team if the future players of the team are sitting on the bench for their club teams.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
That is disappointing the Eredivisie has been a good place for young players to grow and become much better, it's sad many chase after money first chance they get especially some of the younger dutch players. Doesn't help the national team if the future players of the team are sitting on the bench for their club teams.

Nope. Which is why i hate those big clubs tempting our young talents with a big sack of money. It takes a strong will to turn down such an offer in these difficult economical times. There are few players who know what's best, and that's to stay at their own club to gain more experience. If they really are good enough, they can always leave to a bigger club when they're older. It's so sad to see talented players being wasted on the bench of clubs like City (just to name one, there are others as well).

Latch

Funky Fresh
Nope. Which is why i hate those big clubs tempting our young talents with a big sack of money. It takes a strong will to turn down such an offer in these difficult economical times. There are few players who know what's best, and that's to stay at their own club to gain more experience. If they really are good enough, they can always leave to a bigger club when they're older. It's so sad to see talented players being wasted on the bench of clubs like City (just to name one, there are others as well).

This is extremely true. I don't see Nasri play much for City. (Even though he's kinda bad)

Tottenham is also trying to sign Lamela. Bye bye Lennon/Dempsey?

ToeyJoey

The Count
Nasri was quite good at Arsenal, then he moved to City and got a lot of money. Then he stopped being good.