• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

ToeyJoey

The Count
Swansea are in the right direction. With a good manager and squad they will challenge for europa places soon. That is a club that shows the right way to build towards success if only other clubs in the league would follow suit.

I hope they do well. And I'm sure they'll enjoy battering Cardiff this year...

ToeyJoey

The Count
United failed at the Marchisio move, no luck. I prefer Marchisio in the Italian league anyways.

Maybe Italians will start coming to the Prem more soon? Just like how the Spanish seem to now...

Latch

Funky Fresh
Maybe Italians will start coming to the Prem more soon? Just like how the Spanish seem to now...

I would enjoy that, just it's two different playing styles. They all seem to do better in the Italian league. Maybe that's why Balo went to Mllan? They'd have to be the youth players or players that are generally better. Players like: Giovinco, Giaccherini, De Rossi, Destro, Poli, Immobile. (spelling errors >.<)

ToeyJoey

The Count
Well Italians have been historically good defensively, like England. Sadly Italy are naturally good passers...

ToeyJoey

The Count
They're definitely doing better than we are right now... Final at the Euros? Semi-final at Confed? Taking Spain to penalties in the second one...

Nightmareisalive

I think the reason so many Spanish players are moving to the prem league is that most Spanish clubs have no money. I remember a Spanish player saying all the positives about playing in England over Spain and it was really more down to knowing you would get paid and that most English clubs don't have as much debt as Spanish ones. Italian clubs got their problems but they seem to of least make sure they can keep their players. Even smaller teams in the league got some good players in their team that they can keep.

Italy did well vs Spain this year much better compared to last year at least though since it is against Spain it is rare for them to drop the ball. They got so much talent that most great Spanish players don't make the bench. Navas will be a big hit for Man City I'm just jealous that we never signed him even when we were meant to be in for him.

Latch

Funky Fresh
I think the reason so many Spanish players are moving to the prem league is that most Spanish clubs have no money. I remember a Spanish player saying all the positives about playing in England over Spain and it was really more down to knowing you would get paid and that most English clubs don't have as much debt as Spanish ones. Italian clubs got their problems but they seem to of least make sure they can keep their players. Even smaller teams in the league got some good players in their team that they can keep.

Italy did well vs Spain this year much better compared to last year at least though since it is against Spain it is rare for them to drop the ball. They got so much talent that most great Spanish players don't make the bench. Navas will be a big hit for Man City I'm just jealous that we never signed him even when we were meant to be in for him.

That's true. Football is all about the money, nowadays.

Hands down, Italy should've won. Still mad about it.

& I expect a lot form Navas in City. I wanna see him run circles around PL players.

Nightmareisalive

That's true. Football is all about the money, nowadays.

Hands down, Italy should've won. Still mad about it.

& I expect a lot form Navas in City. I wanna see him run circles around PL players.

Yeah just ask any player who joins city or PSG.

In the end Spain won since they had the experience and calmness to absorb everything Italy could throw at them, that is why they are euro and world champions. Italy should of won but didn't take their chances in the end Italy have only themselves to blame.

As long as it isn't against Arsenal I'm fine about that. Be interesting though if his old sickness returns.

Also anyone interested in the SPL? I know it is a one horse race though last year Celtic did make a meal out of it and the gap between first and second was pretty much the same as other leagues in europe. It would be interesting if the other teams in the league can close the gap maybe actually have other teams win it outside the old firm.

Last edited:

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
But, if you ask Falcao why he moved to Monaco, he will say 'I adore Monaco since I was a boy.'.

Anyway, Chelsea won 2-0 against Inter in a cup called Guiness International Champions Cup. They played really well from the first half. Oscar and Hazard both scored for Chelsea in the first half. The second half wasn't really good I think. Oscar's goal was magnificent. Lukaku and Van Ginkel played on that game. They both played really really good.

Latch

Funky Fresh
But, if you ask Falcao why he moved to Monaco, he will say 'I adore Monaco since I was a boy.'.

Anyway, Chelsea won 2-0 against Inter in a cup called Guiness International Champions Cup. They played really well from the first half. Oscar and Hazard both scored for Chelsea in the first half. The second half wasn't really good I think. Oscar's goal was magnificent. Lukaku and Van Ginkel played on that game. They both played really really good.

I didn't get a chance to watch it. Did Lukaku play good? Do you think he'll stay with Chelsea or be put back on loan?

ToeyJoey

The Count
I didn't get a chance to watch it. Did Lukaku play good? Do you think he'll stay with Chelsea or be put back on loan?

I don't think that they have the options to not keep him. He's their best in that position.

Rezzuréct

Allez Les Bleus!
Lukaku played well I think, he got many chances but he didn't score. Ba, Torres and Lukaku played. Ba didn't play well, but Torres played good enough.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Ba played better at Newcastle. Once he was transferred he just kinda died down.

He was already being outshone by Cisse, especially those spectacular goals he scored...