• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

ysmr97

Very sad to see that Walcott is out :/ England's missing a fantastic player.

Anyone hear what's going on in North America with the whole Camillo fiasco? Crazy stuff man, but if you ask me, I think his agents a shifty dude. I'd blame him, but Queretaro is also at fault for not doing their research. Safe to say its the biggest MLS scandal (more of a chain of crazy events) in the present Era.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Portuguese TV is showing Portugal-North Korea from the World Cup 1966 in Eusebio's tribute, but with the commentators of today commentating the game (pretty cool). It's really fun watching, and wow the style of football has changed a lot.

Mega Typhlosion

Yeah, it's really fun to watch. I've never seen a full match from that era... xD
And the players from then commentating and remembering their own plays. Very interesting.

Portugal played on a 4-2-4? How things change...

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Yeah, it's really fun to watch. I've never seen a full match from that era... xD
And the players from then commentating and remembering their own plays. Very interesting.

Portugal played on a 4-2-4? How things change...

I know right! It has all changed so much xD And I hadn't realized that Portugal had so much quality back then. I knew they had a good team because my dad told me but watching now, basically all of them were really good!

Mega Typhlosion

Well North Korea stopped playing at 0-3 basically... they can't get a touch now.
There are almost no free kicks... players from today would have thought they were playing another sport. Though the second penalty is a wonderful Ramires-esque tackle.

And this is how a thread on a Pokémon forum in 2014, has an on topic discussion about a football match played almost 48 years ago... yay xD

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
Well North Korea stopped playing at 0-3 basically... they can't get a touch now.
There are almost no free kicks... players from today would have thought they were playing another sport. Though the second penalty is a wonderful Ramires-esque tackle.

And this is how a thread on a Pokémon forum in 2014, has an on topic discussion about a football match played almost 48 years ago... yay xD

That play by Eusebio! xD Yeah, Portugal is dominating. We had a really good goalie too. I know right, and they play a lot quicker. Like, nowadays, players take a long time to do plays and pass a lot around the defense. In this game they just go straight to offense :eek: It's awesome lol

Mega Typhlosion

A lot of long balls and wasted possession though. Also, Korea is hardly making it difficult... no pressure at all. They seem to only try to tackle inside the box and that ends in a penalty xD
Our attacking front was quite good. Fast, technically gifted, and a post in the middle of the area to head the ball onto one of the other 3 forwards...

If that's really how Benfica played back then, I can see why they were European Champions. They just know what to do in every moment.

(Wants to change the name of the thread to reflect the subject. I have no idea what soccer is :cool::rolleyes:)

Last edited:

ToeyJoey

The Count

Nightmareisalive

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/25653594

Qatar World Cup "fiasco" rolls on...

I understand completely.

You know I would actually like to see them try and do this. Make it official and watch how the clubs hit back. FIFA is pretty much useless so maybe if the clubs all got together they can finally sort it out and give us something that actually cares about the game. Most of FIFA are in it for the money so it would be good to see them get kicked out of the sport.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Most of FIFA are in it for the money so it would be good to see them get kicked out of the sport.

When you know the World Cup is in Qatar, you also know there were plenty of brown envelopes being passed around...

ysmr97

Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley to Toronto FC!! Crazy stuff, makes Toronto a tough team next year.

Jason Kreis said today that NYCFC will more than likely have 3 Designated Players, and w/ Man City and the Yankee's checkbooks, I can't wait to see who they get. Gunna be a fun team to watch

ToeyJoey

The Count
Jermain Defoe and Michael Bradley to Toronto FC!! Crazy stuff, makes Toronto a tough team next year.

Surprised about Defoe going to the MLS, seeing as that's where English players are put out to pasture... I thought he'd have had ambitions for the World Cup squad.

Mega Typhlosion

Did you guys see Ronaldo's alien jump???? He jumped higher than the goal o:

And hit a teammate on the process xD

Bruno Alves from Fenerbahçe does the same kind of jump. He once jumped so high that ended up kicking/stepping on the opponent's shoulder (yeah, kicking opponents is part of his life...).

Nightmareisalive

Did you guys see Ronaldo's alien jump???? He jumped higher than the goal o:

Ronaldo really is something else. He is physically the best player in the world but Messi probably has a bit more skill than him. Now that Messi is back to fitness the battle between the two can start again. For most people you are either really excited about it or just sick of it at this point.

ToeyJoey

The Count
Ronaldo really is something else. He is physically the best player in the world but Messi probably has a bit more skill than him. Now that Messi is back to fitness the battle between the two can start again. For most people you are either really excited about it or just sick of it at this point.

There needs to be a third contender, Neymar doesn't seem to have done enough, to spice it up a bit.

Nightmareisalive

There needs to be a third contender, Neymar doesn't seem to have done enough, to spice it up a bit.

Suarez can easily be a contender. He scores plenty of goals and some really nice ones too. If he has a team behind him that can really get the best out of him and built around him like it is for Messi and a lesser extent Ronaldo have he could break all sorts of goal scoring records. Bale and Neymar I think will be contend for the title of world's best player in a year or two but only if they can step up their game and stay consist.