• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

bailey.ga

I'm fighting sleep watching this Bayern Munich team play

ysmr97

Has anyone here heard of Reddit FC?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Okay, so this thread is officially dead.. -.-

Nobody has talked about Atletico/Chelsea OR Real/Bayern... Nor about the BCL-upset with City/Liverpool.. Or even about whatever competition nearing their close!

Guess I'm the only one..

With the Spanish Champions League finale, I'm really torn.. I like Atletico better, but sometimes it's good to give in to the smugness that is BBC Madrid so they can have their Décima and shut up for once..

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
real madrid vs atletico madrid may 24 uefa champions league final - the game would be played on the staduim of benfica fc

um is this the atletico madrid's first final appearance?

both are spanish teams but maybe i'll go with real madrid

2014- 2015 uefa champions league contenders are also starting to be picked, liverpool and manchester city are automatic qualified ( ow these two again)

chelsea and arsenal still has to decide a third spot, ugh i like both teams.

bailey.ga

Have to admit I'll be supporting Atletico in the final. I've always found the way Real operates, with transfers etc, to be rather classless (see how they unsettled Bale, and how they're trying the same with Suarez).

I'd love to see them win the La Liga too, as well as Liverpool win the EPL (though that's almost a gone).

bailey.ga

bailey.ga

WOOHOOO! Premier league is finally over :D

Urgh... i hate that Shelvey goal! xD

for me it's this , quite easily too!

I completely forgot about that goal.

I also forgot about this bit of class

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
If Steven Gerrard never wins the league I'll be happy as he's one person that I really dislike and hopes he never wins it

bailey.ga

I wanted Liverpool to win it because they seem to me at least to be proper fans. They lined the streets to greet their team, sang songs, waved flags etc. Look at Steven Gerrard, he's spent his entire career at Liverpool and genuinely loved the club, he could have left countless times throughout his career and won twice as much. And look at the alternatives for the title over the past few years. (I'm not a Liverpool fan btw)

I may as well put Arsenal and Tottenham together because they're essentially the same, never happy, always want a new manager and think they deserve to be much higher than they are. Arsenal are worse, how a group of supporters can call what they're going through a baron spell when they've consistently been a top 4 team, no financial worries and a group of players that can actually play, because they've went 8 or so years without a trophy. Look at Leeds if you want to see a fall from grace.

Man Utd are a marketing machine not a football club, I've took great pleasure in seeing them lose to so called 'smaller teams' this season. I live in a football league town, and here, it's more popular than the local club, which is a sad state of affairs. (North East of England so not even near Manchester)

To be honest I never used to have a problem with Chelsea (though they are similar to the other London clubs mentioned), I only started disliking them when I was in school and one day somebody decided they were a Chelsea supporter (as they won the league).

The same can be said about Man City, last season I didn't mind watching them, it wasn't until the Capital One Cup final that I started to dislike them so much (they were against the team I support, Sunderland btw if you're interested). I looked at the team and not one English player was starting for Man City. A cup final at Wembley, during a World Cup season and not a single English player started, I haven't wanted to them to win since.

Also there's a former Sunderland academy player, and last season's Player of the year playing for them.... and I want standards to be too high for Borini to get a game so he'll come back to Sunderland permanently.

Phew... rant over lol, I fully expect hate for this

PoKe_aRcHeR2010

Shady 2.0
Ok so I'm just gonna throw this question out there because I'm pretty stupid when it comes to soccer...

So I've been trying to get into soccer a bit because the World Cup is coming up and I want to know what I'm talking about whenever I'm watching a match with my friends.

Ever since I was a kid I've always rooted for Brasil because of Ronaldo and Ronaldinho, I always heard good things about them so I just rooted for the team they were in. So since the WC is coming up I decided to look up the roster and I was surprised to see that they were all fresh faces(as in, they weren't in the last WC roster 4 years ago). Now I'm obviously no expert, and to be honest, I'm completely ignorant when it comes to soccer, but in other sports like Basketball or Archery(had to use that one as an example because I'm an international archer and this has happened to my team in Archery World Cups and Championships) experience in big events is somewhat necessary and it brings more options to the table. So my question is, why was Kaká, Robinho and Pato, left out of the roster? If I'm not mistaken, those 3 played really well in the last WC and their experience could/should be an advantage, right? I know Ronaldinho had hopes of probably playing on one last WC, but I can understand why he got left out. Kaká, Pato and Robinho though... Can someone explain that to me?

Last edited:

Fenix

Tremulant
So my question is, why was Kaká, Robinho and Pato, left out of the roster? If I'm not mistaken, those 3 played really well in the last WC and their experience could/should be an advantage, right? I know Ronaldinho had hopes of probably playing on one last WC, but I can understand why he got left out. Kaká, Pato and Robinho though... Can someone explain that to me?
Coaches select players mostly based on their perfomances in their club this season, not the last World Cup. All of those players have not had stellar seasons. Kaká ruined himself by going to Real Madrid, and even though he was decent this season for Milan, he is way worse than his form in the last world cup (which was not even him at his best). Robinho has just been having average seasons, he spent more time on the bench this season that he did play... I know because I am a Milan fan. Or used to be really, don't follow much football anymore since I changed timezones.

Nightmareisalive

Coaches select players mostly based on their perfomances in their club this season, not the last World Cup. All of those players have not had stellar seasons. Kaká ruined himself by going to Real Madrid, and even though he was decent this season for Milan, he is way worse than his form in the last world cup (which was not even him at his best). Robinho has just been having average seasons, he spent more time on the bench this season that he did play... I know because I am a Milan fan. Or used to be really, don't follow much football anymore since I changed timezones.

Basically this. Pato also isn't at his best.Injuries have set him back and there are better players who play in his position.

So everyone ready for the champions league final? I'm hoping for an Atletico win just to have something different.

Fenix

Tremulant
I really hate Simeone, so I'm rooting for Real even though I don't particularly like them. But on the other hand I don't want Real to win because they'd get farther away from us in the number of CL trophies... So I guess I don't care much either way. As long as Barca is out I'm happy.

bailey.ga

. So my question is, why was Kaká, Robinho and Pato, left out of the roster? If I'm not mistaken, those 3 played really well in the last WC and their experience could/should be an advantage, right? I know Ronaldinho had hopes of probably playing on one last WC, but I can understand why he got left out. Kaká, Pato and Robinho though... Can someone explain that to me?

As has already been said one of the major factors would be the form, but there are also a few other reasons.

I would imagine going in to a World Cup where you're the home nation is a very different experience from any other World Cup, and the experience of the Confederations Cup the year before would be far more beneficial than of 2010/06. I also think having a bunch of players there that played in previous tournaments is far less important when you have a manager in charge that won the world cup in 2002.

There is also the size of the national pool. Brazil has, without a doubt the best and largest selection of attacking players in the world, Brazillian players know that they will have to be at their best or they will be cut from the squad and will not be able to return without being exceptional. An example of this is Coutinho, he has been sensational in the Premier League this season, and that's not even been good enough to get him in the squad. Many other countries don't have the luxury of being able to cut respected players because of form, look at Spain bringing Torres.

Nightmareisalive

So the Europa League final was on today. I had no clue until I flicked it on to its channel. Good game even if I was half a sleep watching it. That penalty shootout though......... I would really question the Benfica players who missed their penalties, what were they thinking?! Awh well the curse continues for Benfica and congrats to Sevilla....... don't worry Benfica just another 50 years and the curse is over..........

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
english premier league is over so we'll be seeing these three in the 2014 -15 uefa champions league group stage

manchester city being the first followed by liverpool( 2nd) and chelsea ( 3rd)

ouch chelsea defeated arsenal

anyway only 9 days left before uefa champions league final

i would sure like to see atletico madrid win against real madrid cause that will be something new in soccer history, well at least let us wish it would really happen