• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
The problem is that other than Messi, Argentina's other players they could rely on were unreliable. It was the Messi show and pretty much only the Messi show
Yeah I know what you're saying. Is like watching Lebron on a scrub team

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Well, I always thought South Americans were the best soccer players. But after Germany's showing and Curb Stomp Battle on Brazil, they changed my views. Congrats, Germany.

And good luck to Brazil recovering all those $12 billion dollars they used for this tourney.

nameman

Yeah I know what you're saying. Is like watching Lebron on a scrub team

I wouldn't say that. All of Argentina's players that were out there are pretty good. A better description would be Lebron on Cleveland at the end of his first run: good roleplayers but only one major star.

KrayzieBuddha

英雄豪傑
I wouldn't say that. All of Argentina's players that were out there are pretty good. A better description would be Lebron on Cleveland at the end of his first run: good roleplayers but only one major star.
lol kinda iffy about the word roleplayers. Anyways, it was a good game.

Disaster_Lord

Sad Bayleef is Sad.
Germany got the win and god knows that they earned it after a stellar participation torough the entire cup.

Hero of Truth

Lillie Fan
If I had to describe this tournament, I would say only two words: ''Unova League''. It sucked, at least for me. Especially the Brazil - Germany match and the small finals.

I expected more from Brazil. And Germany... if they partcipate again in the next Mundial, I will go at the place to annihilate the entire team! (joking!) The treatment Brazil got from them was terrible. It didn't deserve such a hilarious lose in their own ground.

Poor Brazil... all this money thrown away for nothing... They had their chance and... One of the reasons I hate Germany not as the team, but as a whole country; they really like to cause pain, don't they?!

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
How in the world did Messi win the best player of the tournament and get the Golden Ball? As good of a playet Messi is, he wasn't at the top of his game this World Cup. There were so many other players better deserving of the trophey.

XxVascoxX

If I had to describe this tournament, I would say two words ''Unova League''. It sucked. Especially the Brazil - Germany match and the small finals.

I expected and wanted more. Poor Brazil... all this money thrown away for nothing...
i disagree it was an eventful world cup , had spain's early deafeat, brazil's defeat , suarez striking again, teams such as belgium,columbia costa rica and algeria played well and showed their football.
Sucks for brazil, but worth it for viewers.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
If I had to describe this tournament, I would say only two words: ''Unova League''. It sucked, at least for me. Especially the Brazil - Germany match and the small finals.

I expected more from Brazil. And Germany... if they partcipate again in the next Mundial, I will go at the place to annihilate the entire team! (joking!) The treatment Brazil got from them was terrible. It didn't deserve such a hilarious lose in their own ground.

Poor Brazil... all this money thrown away for nothing... They had their chance and... One of the reasons I hate Germany not as the team, but as a whole country; they really like to cause pain, don't they?!

lolwut. Haters gonna hate. Brazil deserved every bit of that loss with the awful play they showed.

Congrats to Germany on a well deserved championship!

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
What a match and what a way to end a great World Cup.
Germany with the real GOATze. Let the hype for Russia 2018 begin

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
I feel really bad for Messi and Argentina. I think Argentina should have won. I think the first goal was really offside but Argentina had SO MANY chances. I have to blame the guy with the weird little thing in his hair.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
Germany really played the best overall this world cup. Only the Ghana game did they look off, but that was due to Ghana being great at counterattacking. Argentina had Messi, but Germany had a whole team.

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
Germany really played the best overall this world cup. Only the Ghana game did they look off, but that was due to Ghana being great at counterattacking. Argentina had Messi, but Germany had a whole team.

No they did not. The Dutch played the best for sure. Germany were disappointing against Ghana and Algeria.

Sephora

yes I'm back

Not just the Ghana game, but Algeria as well.
Also, Argentina has other good players on the team other than Messi, you know. Sure he is their star player, but during this finals, the other Argentine players played very well.

Im a bit late, but congratulations to the Germans on winning the world cup. They deserved it, they were the best team on show at the tournament and this is evident in the thrashing of the hosts. You have to feel sorry for Messi, he didnt have a great game and he will remain in Maradona's shadow once again.
I dont know how i feel about this tournament. It was entertaining it times but awful at others. In 4 years time it will all kick off again, and who knows who will take the crown then. One things for sure, without the world cup, it will seem strange for a while.

*Browses papers in hope of finding another hopeless united pursuit of a megastar*

Lord Trollbias

Y'all Salty Bishes
No they did not. The Dutch played the best for sure. Germany were disappointing against Ghana and Algeria.
Not really. The Dutch struggled against Mexico, Costa Rica and Argentina. They actually went 2+ games without scoring a goal. They had only 1 shot on goal against Argentina as well.

Sephora

yes I'm back
These are my opinions from the World Cup:

Biggest disappointment: Spain losing in the Group Stages
Biggest shocker: Brazil's 7-1 loss to Germany
Best goal: James Rodriguez against Uruguay
Worst reffed game: Colombia vs Brazil
Worst foul: Zuniga on Neymar (ouch)
Best goalkeeper: Ochoa
Best defender: Mats Hummels
Best scorer: James Rodriguez
Biggest controversy: Luiz Suarez and his bite
Biggest surprise: Costa Rica making it to the quarter finals

Overall, this World Cup was OK, but nothing really more. I hope that the 2018 one will be better and more fantastic.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
These are my opinions from the World Cup:

Biggest disappointment: Spain losing in the Group Stages
Biggest shocker: Brazil's 7-1 loss to Germany
Best goal: James Rodriguez against Uruguay
Worst reffed game: Colombia vs Brazil
Worst foul: Zuniga on Neymar (ouch)
Best goalkeeper: Ochoa
Best defender: Mats Hummels
Biggest surprise: Costa Rica making it to the quarter finals

Overall, this World Cup was OK, but nothing really more. I hope that the 2018 one will be better and more fantastic.

Congratualtions for Germany, although I hate them I'll give them credit, after smashing the hosts they probably deserved it. I think Netherlands in the final would have been more interesting though.

IMO:
Biggest Disappointment: England and Italy being knocked out in the group stages by Luis Suarez.
Biggest Shocker: Netherlands 5 - 1 Spain, Germany 7 - 1 Brazil
Best goal: Tim Cahill against Netherlands
Worst reffed game: Mexico v Cameroon
Worst foul: Zuniga on Neymar (agreed)
Best goalkeeper: Navas
Best defender: Giancarlo González
Biggest surprise: Costa Rica making it to the quarter finals or Algeria doing decent

Lunafreya Nox Fleuret

Don't look here.
lolwhut guys? Worst reffed game HAS to be Italy vs Uruguay. Marco Rodriguez is a prick who stole our victory.

Honourable mention goes to O'leary for cancelling Bosnia's goal against Nigeria.

torterra_4_the_win

Ya want some?
lolwhut guys? Worst reffed game HAS to be Italy vs Uruguay. Marco Rodriguez is a prick who stole our victory.

Honourable mention goes to O'leary for cancelling Bosnia's goal against Nigeria.

Both of those games were up there, but I had to go for the Mexico game because they were denied 3 clear goals by offside calls. Terrible refereeing. Plus the whole game, including fouls and even throw-ins were incorrectly called.

I know your feelings about Italy though, and the bite, so I know where you're coming from.