• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
I'm just busy being annoyed at Capello for not choosing players from other clubs. BOBBY ZAMORA, EHEM. No bias of course.

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
I'm just busy being annoyed at Capello for not choosing players from other clubs. BOBBY ZAMORA, EHEM. No bias of course.

Maybe he needs a 25 million price tag on his head :/
Seriously though i think we only need one big target man in the team now and he seems to prefer Carroll who hasn't had the best season so far.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Carroll is frankly rubbish, if you ask me :/

7 tyranitars

lol you mean following you 11-0 win :D

I had to work that evening :( always such games happen when I am not home. Lol. Also today we won from Finland 0-2 :D hope sweden plays 0-0 or something, but don't see that happening.

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
I had to work that evening :( always such games happen when I am not home. Lol. Also today we won from Finland 0-2 :D hope sweden plays 0-0 or something, but don't see that happening.

Unlucky :(
How far do you think you will go in next years tournament? Obviously you could get a group of death but just in general what do you think?

Mevejuma

How far do you think you will go in next years tournament? Obviously you could get a group of death but just in general what do you think?

Considering Holland reached the final in the World Cup, I don't see why they can't get that far again now, perhaps even winning it this time? Surely Spain have to crumble SOME time..

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
England beat Wales 1-0 today. Didn't play so well and that striker, Rob Earnshaw for Wales missed a sitter. Ramsey looked good, I hope that form translates back in club football for Arsenal.

Mevejuma

England beat Wales 1-0 today. Didn't play so well and that striker, Rob Earnshaw for Wales missed a sitter. Ramsey looked good, I hope that form translates back in club football for Arsenal.

Yeah, the game was a disappointment, we were incredibly lucky that Earnshaw didn't score that! I do feel sorry for Arsenal, losing Fabregas and Nasri this summer, and then all your injuries and suspensions.

TrollFreak

Pit is Awesome :P

speaking of internationals The U.S lost to belgium yesterday 1-0 They had a chance, but the header by Edu was ruled offside :(

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\

7 tyranitars

Atleast semis or we should be ashamed of ourselves, we together with spain are the favorites for the cup. And I hope we will finally win a prize again!

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
I can see Holland vs Spain rematch at the Euro 12 finals. Just got to watch out for the dark horses especially Germany, I think they could snatch it like Greece did in 04

Mevejuma

I can see Holland vs Spain rematch at the Euro 12 finals. Just got to watch out for the dark horses especially Germany, I think they could snatch it like Greece did in 04

I dunno, Germany have more genuine quality about them then Greece did back in 2004. Not many people would be shocked if Germany did win it, they're a talented young side, and will definitely win something within the next 6 years or so.

Shiny Espeon0429

I'm interested to see how England will do next summer (Should we get the point we need in Montenegro to qualify!) I feel that getting out of the group stages would be a good enough achievement with anything else a bonus. Atm, I think it will be Spain/Germany final, with Holland and Italy losing in the semis. Thoughts?

Mevejuma

I'm interested to see how England will do next summer (Should we get the point we need in Montenegro to qualify!) I feel that getting out of the group stages would be a good enough achievement with anything else a bonus. Atm, I think it will be Spain/Germany final, with Holland and Italy losing in the semis. Thoughts?

I can't help but think back to the World Cup and completely write off France and Italy =P they were dreadful, can they really have turned it around in the space of 2 years?

I do think England will get the point needed to qualify, but all it will mean is, as usual, we hype ourselves up saying "we can do it this time", only to, again, get let down by going out earlier than we would like to. It depends who we get though, I believe we can make it out of the groups, but then it just depends if we get Germany in the last 16 again or not!

Shiny Espeon0429

I can't help but think back to the World Cup and completely write off France and Italy =P they were dreadful, can they really have turned it around in the space of 2 years?

I do think England will get the point needed to qualify, but all it will mean is, as usual, we hype ourselves up saying "we can do it this time", only to, again, get let down by going out earlier than we would like to. It depends who we get though, I believe we can make it out of the groups, but then it just depends if we get Germany in the last 16 again or not!

There is no last 16 in the Euros unless you count the group stage. There usually is another tough team in the group, so it is difficult to qualify. After the group stage, it is the Quarters, then semis etc.

I see your point re Italy, but they have swept aside every one in Euro Qualifying, so that's why I think they will do well.

In terms of England, I think that we will have to play one of Holland, Spain or Germany in the group and therefore, we will most likely finish second in the group. After that, we'll probably have to play another team in the Spain/Holland/Germany trio.

Mevejuma

There is no last 16 in the Euros unless you count the group stage. There usually is another tough team in the group, so it is difficult to qualify. After the group stage, it is the Quarters, then semis etc.

I see your point re Italy, but they have swept aside every one in Euro Qualifying, so that's why I think they will do well.

In terms of England, I think that we will have to play one of Holland, Spain or Germany in the group and therefore, we will most likely finish second in the group. After that, we'll probably have to play another team in the Spain/Holland/Germany trio.

Oh yeah, my bad.

I guess, but if I recall, France and Italy were quite strong in WC qualifying as well?

I don't know, I think we'll be the biggest team in the group, seeing as each group has one of the "big" teams, but then there'll also be someone very capable in there such as Portugal or maybe Sweden, we won't have Germany/Holland/Spain actually in the group.

Zino

Ice Cream Truck
Fufufufuuu, I knew our start for this season was too good to be true.

It's always like this, we might beat the big teams, but then lose against likes like Stoke. D:

Armando Payne

Manchester United are scoring goals for fun it seems. Would love to see one of the Manchester teams against a team who plays utter defense, it'll be interesting then seeing someone trying to kill the game.