• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Soccer Thread

zebstrikarulez

I'm hoping Man U goes back to back. I live in the US and I haven't heard much lately, does anyone know what the conditions of Vidic and Ferdinand are? Last I'd heard they were injured, but that was some weeks ago

Ferdinand is fit again while Vidic is still out injured.

Armando Payne

Man United and Manchester City are scoring goals for fun, I'm predicting Man City to knock 6 or 7 past Napoli, because if an Italian team can't beat a League 1 team (Thanks for that, douche.) There's no way that Napoli, a far weaker team can do anything but get trounced by a team who's scoring goals for fun.

Mevejuma

Why is this thread named "The Soccer Thread"!! It should be football!

Because then Americans may come in here thinking it's referring to their rugby spin-off rather than football.

Chelsea and Liverpool are still in it, we can't rule them out yet. I hope Arsenal can pick up form and get some wins and confidence going to spice thing up in the title race.

Yeah, next Sunday it's on and it'll be a very interesting game. I wonder if Torres will start or Sturridge or Anelka get the nod instead. What game I can't wait for is the Manchester derby, it's going to be epic!

Thank you for saying we're still in it, even if we are currently 5 points adrift. Papers say that Villas-Boas says he won't be using Torres in the CL or against United, so much for a £50 million signing, thanks for taking him off our hands Chelsea ;)

Rezzo

Occasionally
Man United and Manchester City are scoring goals for fun, I'm predicting Man City to knock 6 or 7 past Napoli, because if an Italian team can't beat a League 1 team (Thanks for that, douche.) There's no way that Napoli, a far weaker team can do anything but get trounced by a team who's scoring goals for fun.

lol it was 1-1.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Fulham. Not the best game I've ever been to. Twente are a dirty side, not to mention the officials we had. *shudders* If the officials had actually made the right decisions instead of calling offside when Dembele was 4 yards onside and giving Twente the free kicks when Fulham were being taken out we may have actually won.

Rezzo

Occasionally
I was quite surprised by this. Manchester City, at home, with the talent they have at their disposal, only manage a 1-1? I'd rate Tottenham away as a much harder challenge, and they won that 5-1...something don't add up here.

It was Man City's first Champion's League game ever, but nevertheless it is still a poor result for City to come out with.

Mevejuma

It was Man City's first Champion's League game ever, but nevertheless it is still a poor result for City to come out with.

Yeah, but as you say, it was quite poor. Tottenham are easily a better side than Napoli if you ask me, I'm surprised they didn't win.

Anyway, moving to today, and as I'm typing it's Blackburn 2 - 2 Arsenal, with the rest of the games starting in an hour. Anybody think Swansea might actually score today?

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
Yeah, but as you say, it was quite poor. Tottenham are easily a better side than Napoli if you ask me, I'm surprised they didn't win.

Anyway, moving to today, and as I'm typing it's Blackburn 2 - 2 Arsenal, with the rest of the games starting in an hour. Anybody think Swansea might actually score today?

UPDATE: 4-2 to Blackburn with about 15minutes to go

Rezzo

Occasionally
4-3 now.

Well, Arsenal's start to this season has been nothing short of shocking. 4 points from 5 games unless they can manage to get anything against Blackburn in these last few minutes.

Looks like we're seeing a bottom half finish for Arsenal this season. Wenger has to go.

Mevejuma

And there we have it. Full time whistle, with Blackburn winning 4-3. I was really hoping for 4-2, I had a brilliant pun all planned out!! So yes, that makes it a terrible start for Arsenal, great pressure on Arsene Wenger now, though Steve Kean's will have been relieved slightly.

EDIT: Also, Arsenal now have the lowest goal difference in the league, never thought I'd see that..

Last edited:

Gloryus

Where's Wally?
As an Arsenal fan I'm gutted. I watched the game today and some of the defending was simply comical, two own goals and playing Yakubu way onside for the first goal and we still can't keep a lead. Same old, same old...

Last edited:

Mevejuma

Lets see MOTD give no credit to Rovers for their win today :/

As an Arsenal fan I'm gutted. I watched the game today and some of the defending was simply comical, two own goals and playing Yakubu way onside for the first goal and we still can't keep a lead. Same old, same old...

I'll try and watch Match of the Day tonight to see what happens with both of your points. But yeah, Lasien, given that Arsenal haven't been doing at all well since way back in last season, I wouldn't be surprised to see them be picked apart in MotD rather than Blackburn hailed as brilliant.

But let's not forget there were other games! Swansea scored their first 3 goals, QPR and Norwich won as well, and Everton did well against Wigan. Villa-Newcastle didn't seem to great, but they're never all going to be great games in one day.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
What. A. Day. 16 goals scored in 4 games. Fulham came from 2 goals down, the second not 12 seconds into the second half, to draw with City (come on, Fulham!), Man Utd beat Chelsea 3-1 (good for Fulham who have Chelsea away in the Carling Cup), Tottenham beat 9-man Liverpool 4-0 and Sunderland beat Stoke 4-0. Not to mention a further 6 goals scored up north with Rangers beating Celtic 4-2, and Birmingham losing 4-1 to Southampton. Whatever happened to boring Sunday football???

Armando Payne

So now Man City will dissipate from the title, because if you can't beat an Italian team then if you can't beat Fulham then what can you do.

thatguycharizard34

so AWH-SOME /)^ɛ^(\
So now Man City will dissipate from the title, because if you can't beat an Italian team then if you can't beat Fulham then what can you do.

True that :p people were talking about a European hangover before the game. What hangover? We dominated second half :D great game, can't wait for MOTD2

Tipsy Watermelon

Change is coming.
What. A. Day. 16 goals scored in 4 games. Fulham came from 2 goals down, the second not 12 seconds into the second half, to draw with City (come on, Fulham!), Man Utd beat Chelsea 3-1 (good for Fulham who have Chelsea away in the Carling Cup), Tottenham beat 9-man Liverpool 4-0 and Sunderland beat Stoke 4-0. Not to mention a further 6 goals scored up north with Rangers beating Celtic 4-2, and Birmingham losing 4-1 to Southampton. Whatever happened to boring Sunday football???

All round good day, i'm waiting for Match of the Day :)
Thankfully i don't care about the joke league that is the SPL, it could have been 7-7 between those two and i wouldn't watch.

Mevejuma

I second this.

True that :p people were talking about a European hangover before the game. What hangover? We dominated second half :D great game, can't wait for MOTD2

I WOULD watch MotD2 to see Fulham's comeback, Rooney's slip, and Torres' dreadful miss.....but......as a Liverpool fan, I could not possibly watch it tonight.